Any update on the headless app situation? Did it get approval?

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1791
    aming63 likes this.
    10-31-13 11:27 AM
    Yeah what's up with headless apps

Posted via Harry
    10-31-13 12:14 PM
    Any idea as to when you will get PIN messages to have their own led?? As I cannot see anything that allows me to change the led colour

Posted via CB10
    JunkieXP likes this.
    11-03-13 04:37 AM
    customer support and how to is lacking . It sucks when you get absolutely no response to a ticket or a question in the forums .
    MrRJ likes this.
    11-03-13 08:01 AM
    yeah whichever of these notification apps update to headless first, will get the win.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 10:17 AM
    yeah whichever of these notification apps update to headless first, will get the win.

Since as it turns out, BB10 OS 10.2 does not have proper headless app support, BlackBerry is going to require 10.2.1 for headless app use.

10.2.1.xxxx is not officially released by any carrier yet. So the ONLY people that could even theoretically benefit from a headless app right now are people running leaked, unofficial, unsupported OS builds, or staff within BlackBerry themselves.

Therefore the app developers need not be in any rush to release headless apps today, since there are no customers running supported OS builds that could use them anyway. And no prudent app developer is going to release a non-beta app that only works on non-official builds, it would likely end up being a support nightmare. (ie lots of customer complaints when anything doesn't work right, combined with an inability to get any sort of vendor support from BlackBerry to assist in solving those problems because BlackBerry won't support non-official OS builds)
    11-04-13 08:29 AM
    More bs from BlackBerry and it blind followers... 1st it needed 10.2, now it need 10.2.1, when that time comes around it will need 10.3 and on and on.... everybody need to call a spade a spade and quit accepting this rubbish... the dev is accountable to we who purchased his app. If we want it he should get it to us, beta or not.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 12:41 PM
    More bs from BlackBerry and it blind followers... 1st it needed 10.2, now it need 10.2.1, when that time comes around it will need 10.3 and on and on.... everybody need to call a spade a spade and quit accepting this rubbish... the dev is accountable to we who purchased his app. If we want it he should get it to us, beta or not.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely - the dev is simply a slave who has to fulfil whatever you want. Get out of your golden cage!
    If you don't like the app, don't buy it!! Easy as that! You even have the option to install the Light version for free. The app description also mentions that it needs be in an Active Frame, so what!?

And yes - I also would like to have BeBuzz as a headless app (though I must say, I like the battery meter) but if you would have read the discussion around headless apps, you would know that the support offered by BB does not allow long running headless apps so far.
    So stop writing bs yourself.

BTW - I have no connection with BellShare or any of the devs. I think their support in the CB forum can be improved. I miss some features in BeBuzz but I have decided to buy the app to support them and the BB10 development.
    11-04-13 04:45 PM
    Definitely - the dev is simply a slave who has to fulfil whatever you want. Get out of your golden cage!
    If you don't like the app, don't buy it!! Easy as that! You even have the option to install the Light version for free. The app description also mentions that it needs be in an Active Frame, so what!?

And yes - I also would like to have BeBuzz as a headless app (though I must say, I like the battery meter) but if you would have read the discussion around headless apps, you would know that the support offered by BB does not allow long running headless apps so far.
    So stop writing bs yourself.

BTW - I have no connection with BellShare or any of the devs. I think their support in the CB forum can be improved. I miss some features in BeBuzz but I have decided to buy the app to support them and the BB10 development.
    FYI slaves don't get paid.... they took our money on the premise it would be headless as soon as the api was available. it's been available now. if BlackBerry wanna " bury " os10.2.1 should we not get what we paid for from.bellshare?
    All I'm saying is the dev claim they have the app made, and we all know headless integration is in is 10.2 as it is now. So the dev should even without app world approval make that update available to us who bought the app. Those of us with 10.2 will use it, sun of us will get the leak 10.2.1 and for those who wanna stick to this version they can. Nobody is forcing ppl who don't want to upgrade to do it. And if they do and ha e issues delete it and get back their current version from app world.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 05:51 PM
    So the dev should even without app world approval make that update available to us who bought the app. Those of us with 10.2 will use it, sun of us will get the leak 10.2.1 and for those who wanna stick to this version they can.
    First of all, I have no dog in this fight...
    I can understand your frustration, really.
    I just want to know exactly HOW the developer would make this available to end users?
    It's not going to be available on BlackBerry World yet even if someone has a 10.2.1 leak installed.
    This is BB10, not BBOS where we could just install a .jad file from a site, DropBox, or from an sd card.
    It's not even an Android port to hit it with a DDPB sideload.
    So what would your solution to your request be???
    Would everyone need to be in perpetual development mode or something?
    Serious question...
    11-04-13 06:54 PM
    I just want to know exactly HOW the developer would make this available to end users?
    It's not going to be available on BlackBerry World yet even if someone has a 10.2.1 leak installed.
    This is BB10, not BBOS where we could just install a .jad file from a site, DropBox, or from an sd card.
    Serious question...

Developers flag their apps with what the minimum OS version is that their app will support, and BlackBerry World uses that flag to determine whether or not an app will be listed as available for your device or not.

I assume it's a simple matter of changing the minimum supported OS version flag, and then anyone looking for the app that is not running 10.2.1 or above just won't see it. I don't see why BBW would not support a minimum OS version flag higher than 10.2.0.
    11-04-13 07:17 PM
    Serious question...
    Other devs have made beta versions of their app available as a .bar file to be sideloaded. It's not just android ports that can be sideloaded.

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    11-04-13 07:18 PM
    Developers flag their apps with what the minimum OS version is that their app will support, and BlackBerry World uses that flag to determine whether or not an app will be listed as available for your device or not.

I assume it's a simple matter of changing the minimum supported OS version flag, and then anyone looking for the app that is not running 10.2.1 or above just won't see it. I don't see why BBW would not support a minimum OS version flag higher than 10.2.0.
    Yeah, I know. Thanks!
    11-04-13 07:26 PM
    Other devs have made beta versions of their app available as a .bar file to be sideloaded. It's not just android ports that can be sideloaded.
    I did not know this. I was under the impression that they could make apps for beta testing and side loading, but I thought (incorrectly, I guess) that development mode needed to be on during the time of operation. Hence, my "perpetual" comment. I learn something new every day.

Thanks!
    11-04-13 07:29 PM
    When do we get calendar support

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 08:15 PM
    BeBuzz 10 Pro for BlackBerry 10-img_20131917.png

While connected to the charger.

AT&T Z10
    11-08-13 04:42 AM
    BeBuzz 10 Pro for BlackBerry 10-img_20131920.png

After I remove the charger.

AT&T Z10
    11-08-13 04:45 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131920.png 
Views:	1729 
Size:	316.8 KB 
ID:	218396

After I remove the charger.

AT&T Z10
    I get inaccurate longevity reports too. In my experience I have found the battery information in the active frame fairly useless.

Regarding the original issue, I contacted The Dev 3 times in the last month. 3 ignored tickets. Unacceptable really for something I spent good money on. This is bad and enough to put me off this developer. I'll continue to use BeBuzz until I find something else that includes headless support.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 05:27 AM
    Would it be possible to add Rules to the App. For example I'm using a Gmail Account which also fetches e-mails from other account, I only want my LED to blink when an e-mail is pointed to the main address.

Hub++ has something like this already, but I don't want 2 active frames being active to fullfill my request.
    11-20-13 08:31 AM
    @Prfuger: are you not answering this thread anymore? Is lack of calendar support a BB API think or just not implemented yet. Calendar events are the most import things to be reminded of and it is not in BeBuzz.....
    11-20-13 10:08 AM
    I deleted this app a long time ago

Posted via Harry
    11-20-13 10:10 AM
    The most important feature of BeBuzz is to run headless in my opinion!
    And the calendar notifications would be fantastic.
    Active Frame can disappear.
    11-20-13 11:45 AM
    Agree! If it does then I'll download again

Posted via Harry
    11-20-13 12:23 PM
    @Prfuger: are you not answering this thread anymore? Is lack of calendar support a BB API think or just not implemented yet. Calendar events are the most import things to be reminded of and it is not in BeBuzz.....
    Not just this thread, they seems like abandoned all their app, even the bemaps 10 pro.
    11-20-13 03:35 PM
    Not just this thread, they seems like abandoned all their app, even the bemaps 10 pro.

Hmm.

Bellshare was great a few years ago on legacy OS. Then they started removing support functionality, shut down their online forum, etc. I decided I didn't want to use their products any more because of the poor support.

This year they became a BB10 superstar when they came out with several apps that took advantage of the OS in ways that no one yet had when they released them. Support was still not so good but I ended up buying a couple of those apps anyway (BeWeather, BeMaps) because there was nothing else like them.

Perhaps he got spooked by the financial situation with Blackberry and is moving to develop for a different platform. Either that or he is pulling all his hair out trying to get the headless apps out.
    11-22-13 01:56 AM
979 ... 3233343536 ...