Hey pfluger,
    I only use your awesome app for the signal led. With the previous version, everything was fine. Since the update, I get horrible battery life. As soon as I turn off the app, battery life is very good. Can you post a link with the old version please? I want to go back. Again, no other features of the app are activated on my phone but the signal green led.
    Did you change the interval for the signal LED since the last version? Is it constantly flashing (set to radio etc on instead of off?)
    04-18-13 11:08 PM
    Did you change the interval for the signal LED since the last version? Is it constantly flashing (set to radio etc on instead of off?)
    No I did not. I found a workaround for the power leak. On the active frame I turned off all the info about battery. Basically my active frame looks like In the old version. Just a bell. My battery life is much better now. It is not very sexy lol, no battery info but hey, I saved the battery life.

According to my research, absolutely all battery apps reduce battery life a lot. I assume it is not a developer issue, probably an OS Issue.

PIN 333AE4B3
    04-18-13 11:26 PM
    Like shabbs already asked, do you have a POP account? I wasn't even really sure if BB10 supports POP, or only IMAP.
    Yes, I am stuck with a lame POP3 account for work. I see that someone basically already answered that BB10 supports POP and that the synch interval setting is useful. Doing a synch when entering the Hub is good, too, but a five minute or ten minute synch interval would be good.

We have added a function called 'E-Mail Auto Sync'. It will sync your e-mail whenever you enter/exit the hub. When using IMAP you will usually get push e-mail.
    Yes, this is cool.

Thanks!
    04-19-13 07:26 AM
    Unfortunately no. Until we find something we will probably just add a global switch to BeBuzz to turn BeBuzz notifications off.
    Is this feature included in 1.1.45? Sorry but I got no time to check all the previous posts.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 07:35 AM
    If you are interested I can give you access to our internal beta that has experimental support for BES/Work (LED and Sound). Send me a PM with your BlackBerry ID.
    Thanks for the offer, but I don't mind waiting until public release.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:14 AM
    Yes, if BlackBerry added more APIs it would definitely make things easier. That doesn't automatically mean it isn't doable without APIs. On BB7 there was no API for BBM messages at all and we found a way to even do per contact notifications and popups. We hope we can find more ways to do things on BB10, too.

The reason we currently only offer BBM notifications while the device is locked is because we cannot distinguish outgoing from incoming messages. While the device is locked we know that you are not sending a message.

Thank you so much for this app, it's been in ALL my legacy devices.

Will we ever be able to have BBM notifications while the device is unlocked?
    RichardAitch likes this.
    04-19-13 01:32 PM
    anyone else have an issue with it only vibratinig and no led ? sometimes I get a vibration for 40+ seconds but no led at all.And battery sucks now cannot even make it till 2 pm with app running,that needs some fixing soon!
    04-20-13 07:09 AM
    Hey pfluger
    Any answers to the things I posted?
    Plus sometimes I get my BBM tone with no new message. Still some bugs there.
    Would like to know how to make my Z silent for a movie? No way to just have an easy way to go from normal to vibrate only?
    04-20-13 11:22 AM
    anyone else have an issue with it only vibratinig and no led ? sometimes I get a vibration for 40+ seconds but no led at all.And battery sucks now cannot even make it till 2 pm with app running,that needs some fixing soon!
    Confirm, the battery is drain fast and other issue like you have
    04-20-13 12:54 PM
    Two questions. I was a former BeBuzz user.

On the Z10, the reviews say that it drains the battery quite a bit. Is this true?

Also, it appears this app needs to run minimized. I hate this. I see some weather apps are like this too. Is this something to do with the way BB developed this OS and apps like this will always need to run minimized to work? So far this is the 3rd app I've run into this situation and I'm avoiding buying apps because of this.

Any insights would be appreciated.
    04-20-13 09:49 PM
    Facebook notifications are not working for me. When I disable LED and vibration for it in the bb10 settings I get none at all although I set it up in bee buzz.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 04:22 AM
    Hmmm, that's disappointing to hear about no headless in 1.1 I could have sworn...... There goes my Skype theories.....

But thats not the reason I came here, I just wanted to thank you for the new active screen, the battery percentage is much more useful to me and gives the app quite a bit more functionality. Thank you, keep up the great work.
    04-21-13 04:52 AM
    Two questions. I was a former BeBuzz user.

On the Z10, the reviews say that it drains the battery quite a bit. Is this true?

Also, it appears this app needs to run minimized. I hate this. I see some weather apps are like this too. Is this something to do with the way BB developed this OS and apps like this will always need to run minimized to work? So far this is the 3rd app I've run into this situation and I'm avoiding buying apps because of this.

Any insights would be appreciated.
    To be honest i havent noticed any huge battery drain on bebuzz myself, some people have said if you have the active frame set to show your battery then it causes battery drain. On my active frame i have it set to the logo of bebuzz as i already have an app that shows me my battery drain and life etc.

Yes until BB release the headless api's then sadly the app needs to be run as an active frame. Hopefully the headless api's will be released soon, probably after may as that is when BB will have a dev conference and then they should be released to the devs for them to take advantage.

But in a nutshell this app along with others needs to be run as an active frame, otherwise it wont work and the BBM notifications only work if the phone is locked...again due to the api limitation.
    04-21-13 06:21 AM
    This is too bad.

I'll wait to use it. I've got it loaded but for me it's not convenient to have it run only when locked and I don't want it as an active frame.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 08:23 AM
    pfluger,

I think I found another issue, I'm not sure.

One of my email accounts is setup with the following;
    Vibrate is on and set to to two times, length is set to Medium.

What I am finding is that my phone will vibrate three times when I get something from this account.

Nathan
    04-21-13 11:16 AM
    Thank you so much for this app, it's been in ALL my legacy devices.

Will we ever be able to have BBM notifications while the device is unlocked?
    I too have had BeBuzz in all my BB's up until now with the Z10. This is appears to be not the fault of Bellshare but the release of API's with BB.

I need BBM notifications for work so it's a shame that it doesn't work with that. However, I have found a workaround solution with Color LED Messages. This app allows not only change of LED colour for accounts (bar social) but also repeat notifications and the device default alert notifications for BBM.

I still think BeBuzz is more in-depth but at least I have repeat notifications with different LED's and still BBM alerts.
    04-21-13 12:46 PM
    I am so caught on using or not using this app. I am trying to like it but the sacrifice in battery, the bugs, the active frame (this is on BBRY but not the bugs), the lack of decent documentation, and now the fact that three times I have tried to ask the developer for some help and he has disappeared on here.
    04-21-13 02:45 PM
    Hmm is there anyway to actually read out loud the message only when connected to headphones or bluetooth?? The text only reads out loud the name. I want the option to do name And the message.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 03:16 PM
    pfluger can you tell us if we buy the app but then swap out our Z10 for a Q10 will we be able to transfer the app or buy it again? I sent that question into bellshare support over a week ago and no answer. Long time user and really want to give it a try on the Z but pretty sure I'm going to swap and get the Q when it hits the market
    04-21-13 03:57 PM
    Can we have unlimited LED flashing?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 04:07 PM
    Can we have unlimited LED flashing?

Posted via CB10
    You should already have that. Swipe down go to settings, Led and Reminder and change those settings to never

Posted via CB10 on my sweet Z10
    04-21-13 06:33 PM
    First of all, an update to the reported battery drain issues. We have tested for the last 2 days and could not yet find a noticable battery drain.

If you think you are seeing increased battery drain and have access to an app like Battery Guru it would be great if you could try to get some measurements to help us find the issue.

Here are the Battery Guru graphs for our tests.

1. BeBuzz running with battery indicator active frame. Phone not being used. Approx. 1 e-mail per hour coming in. No LED notifications.

BeBuzz 10 Pro for BlackBerry 10-img_00000135-50-.png

Went from 85% to 70% in 15h ~ 1% per hour. This would give it a total runtime of 100 hours if the phone is in standby and the LED is off.

2. BeBuzz running with battery indicator active frame. Phone not being used. Approx. 1 e-mail per hour coming in. Enabled LED with default 1 hour timeout. (Basically constant LED flashing)

BeBuzz 10 Pro for BlackBerry 10-img_00000134-50-.png

Went from 70% to 50% in 14h ~ 1.5% per hour. This would give it a total runtime of 66 hours if the phone is left in standby and the LED is constantly flashing.
    habs_fan likes this.
    04-22-13 03:10 PM
    Is this feature included in 1.1.45? Sorry but I got no time to check all the previous posts.

Posted via CB10
    No, the feature is not available in 1.1.45
    04-22-13 03:12 PM
    Here are my issues.
    Now that they have updated it with a battery meter, I can let it run instead of battery guru and have more going on. It would be nice to know how to properly set things.
    I wanted to turn it to silent yesterday, so did it the way I normally do, from the settings on the home screen, and bebuzz still made noise.
    In order for BeBuzz to work, you need to turn off a bunch of the native settings. Now do you turn them off on the global screen, or from each different individual setting? Do you turn off LED and vibrations, and sound, or just LED? What do you do to make it silent? Adjust the settings in the silent mode as well as normal?
    Any help appreciated.
    Also, what are the message actions that you access from the contact defaults/three dots menu?
    You turn off the LED on the global screen.
    You turn off sound and vibrate individually if you are going to override them in BeBuzz. (i.e. the initial sound alert in BeBuzz would play at the same time as the system alert if left on)
    BeBuzz doesn't see your current selected sound profile. You will have to switch your phone to silent if you have any sounds/vibrate configured in the system settings and turn off the BeBuzz notifications in the app (we are adding a global switch to the app for this).
    Message actions will act on all incoming message from the contact. You can for example have no LED and automatically mark messages as read if they come from a mailing list.

We will be adding some documentation/inline help in future versions.
    04-22-13 03:17 PM
    First of all, an update to the reported battery drain issues. We have tested for the last 2 days and could not yet find a noticable battery drain.

If you think you are seeing increased battery drain and have access to an app like Battery Guru it would be great if you could try to get some measurements to help us find the issue.

Here are the Battery Guru graphs for our tests.

1. BeBuzz running with battery indicator active frame. Phone not being used. Approx. 1 e-mail per hour coming in. No LED notifications.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000135-50%.png 
Views:	801 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	153935

Went from 85% to 70% in 15h ~ 1% per hour. This would give it a total runtime of 100 hours if the phone is in standby and the LED is off.

2. BeBuzz running with battery indicator active frame. Phone not being used. Approx. 1 e-mail per hour coming in. Enabled LED with default 1 hour timeout. (Basically constant LED flashing)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000134-50%.png 
Views:	800 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	153936

Went from 70% to 50% in 14h ~ 1.5% per hour. This would give it a total runtime of 66 hours if the phone is left in standby and the LED is constantly flashing.
    I totally agree with these findings as I nor a few people that I know with BeBuzz installed on their Z10's are experiencing any kind of battery drain associated with the app. In fact, if anything I think the battery life has improved (it may be because of not using another battery monitoring app any longer)
    04-22-13 03:26 PM
979 ... 910111213 ...