I'm still having issues with tones/ vibration for three email boxes. Refuses to vibrate most of the time, will not read MP3's from my SD card (actually, it WILL read it, and list it, but just not play it). Still the most frustrating thing for me is the inability to distinguish mailboxes without fumbling for the phone. But evidently the 10.1 update will have ability to set different vibration patterns per mailbox, so we'll be halfway there without third party apps. I guess for most using BeBuzz, the LED is the more important feature. But it is not for me. I went back to Hub++ because I am getting better performance (if not perfect.)
    simonfa likes this.
    04-18-13 08:16 AM
    Here are my issues.
    Now that they have updated it with a battery meter, I can let it run instead of battery guru and have more going on. It would be nice to know how to properly set things.
    I wanted to turn it to silent yesterday, so did it the way I normally do, from the settings on the home screen, and bebuzz still made noise.
    In order for BeBuzz to work, you need to turn off a bunch of the native settings. Now do you turn them off on the global screen, or from each different individual setting? Do you turn off LED and vibrations, and sound, or just LED? What do you do to make it silent? Adjust the settings in the silent mode as well as normal?
    Any help appreciated.
    Also, what are the message actions that you access from the contact defaults/three dots menu?
    RichardAitch likes this.
    04-18-13 09:09 AM
    Still no access to work emails? Can't see my work account in settings.
    04-18-13 09:21 AM
    Here are my issues.
    Now that they have updated it with a battery meter, I can let it run instead of battery guru and have more going on. It would be nice to know how to properly set things.
    I wanted to turn it to silent yesterday, so did it the way I normally do, from the settings on the home screen, and bebuzz still made noise.
    In order for BeBuzz to work, you need to turn off a bunch of the native settings. Now do you turn them off on the global screen, or from each different individual setting? Do you turn off LED and vibrations, and sound, or just LED? What do you do to make it silent? Adjust the settings in the silent mode as well as normal?
    Any help appreciated.
    Also, what are the message actions that you access from the contact defaults/three dots menu?
    Agree 100% with some type of litiature for correct settings. I still can't get my texts to work at all. Had to revert back to COLOR LED MESSAGES app.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 09:46 AM
    Hoping someone can answer this for me so I don't have to test

On a contact if you don't set a custom item, like I just want a custom led but not tone, will the contact defaults you set in BeBuzz still fire?

Posted via CB10 on my sweet Z10
    04-18-13 09:53 AM
    Yes, if BlackBerry added more APIs it would definitely make things easier. That doesn't automatically mean it isn't doable without APIs. On BB7 there was no API for BBM messages at all and we found a way to even do per contact notifications and popups. We hope we can find more ways to do things on BB10, too.

The reason we currently only offer BBM notifications while the device is locked is because we cannot distinguish outgoing from incoming messages. While the device is locked we know that you are not sending a message.
    This is a shame. BBM is more important to me than anything else and so this one problem has affected the whole app for me.
    04-18-13 10:50 AM

On a contact if you don't set a custom item, like I just want a custom led but not tone, will the contact defaults you set in BeBuzz still fire?

Yes that is how it will work, you'll get the custom led with the global sound

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 11:18 AM
    Unfortunately my battery goes down quite fast since the update. It goes back to normal when I close it and it wasn't a problem before.
    04-18-13 11:44 AM
    I am amazed at how so many companies can't do up a help file or a decent small pdf file.
    Any program that I was doing would have a manual to at least explain every setting.
    The time you would spend doing it would be saved on the support side many times over.
    Even if you had a customer do it for some free apps, it would be better than nothing.
    Getting to the point of frustration on this one as the relationship between built in settings and bebuzz settings needs to be explained. There are too many variables that can be set.
    celestetbrown likes this.
    04-18-13 11:51 AM
    Unfortunately my battery goes down quite fast since the update. It goes back to normal when I close it and it wasn't a problem before.
    Yes, I noticed this too. I restarted and it was ok but I don't like things that drain the battery. Hopefully a BBM and battery fix will come out in the not too distant future.
    04-18-13 12:36 PM
    Like shabbs already asked, do you have a POP account? I wasn't even really sure if BB10 supports POP, or only IMAP.

We have added a function called 'E-Mail Auto Sync'. It will sync your e-mail whenever you enter/exit the hub. When using IMAP you will usually get push e-mail.

Unfortunately this will only push new e-mails but not changes to existing e-mails. So if you change something on the e-mail account (i.e. on your desktop computer, mark a message as read, star it etc) it will take until the next sync interval to reflect the changes on your BB10.

With the new function as soon as you enter the Hub all those changes will be synced to your phone. This is easier on your battery and data usage than lowering a sync interval.
    Does this feature need to be activated? If so, what menu is it in. Thanks.
    04-18-13 01:13 PM
    Does this feature need to be activated? If so, what menu is it in. Thanks.
    You find it under 'Advanced Settings'.

BeBuzz 10 Pro for BlackBerry 10-img_00000125-50-.png
    OMGitworks likes this.
    04-18-13 01:25 PM
    @pfluger

I just read that Gold 10.1 SDK got released, does this mean you an now add the option to run your application without an active frame?

BlackBerry 10.1 : Gotta have it? Get it! �BlackBerry Developer Blog
    04-18-13 01:29 PM
    How did you measure battery drain? Did you leave it running for a couple hours and noticed a difference in the remaining battery percentage or did you use something like Battery Guru to determine power usage?
    04-18-13 01:35 PM
    How did you measure battery drain? Did you leave it running for a couple hours and noticed a difference in the remaining battery percentage or did you use something like Battery Guru to determine power usage?
    The former. It was a subjective assessment. But by now I know my phone very well so I'm certain.
    04-18-13 01:39 PM
    @pfluger

I just read that Gold 10.1 SDK got released, does this mean you an now add the option to run your application without an active frame?

BlackBerry 10.1 : Gotta have it? Get it! �BlackBerry Developer Blog
    The 10.1 SDK doesn't provide headless support. Rumors are it will be par of OS 10.2
    04-18-13 01:40 PM

Yes that is how it will work, you'll get the custom led with the global sound

Posted via CB10
    No, if you leave sound or vibrate to 'Off' for a contact, it will override the contact defaults. You will not receive sound or vibrate.

BeBuzz basically goes through the list of contacts and once it finds a match for the incoming message, it will do whatever this contact is set to and stop and further processing.

If BeBuzz can't find a matching contact, it will forward the message to the contact default settings.
    04-18-13 01:45 PM
    The 10.1 SDK doesn't provide headless support. Rumors are it will be par of OS 10.2
    Let's hope so, it will make your product perfect. a 9.0 isn't bad, but a 10 would be great.
    bassicmama likes this.
    04-18-13 02:06 PM
    pfluger
    No help documents or description of proper settings in the native settings?
    What about how do I go from normal mode to silent mode using bebuzz?
    I have also noticed that my battery has a noticeable drain that it didn't have before. I didn't run the earlier version after I bought it as BBM didn't work. Now it does, on alternate setting.
    Last edited by Shadrackc; 04-18-13 at 05:08 PM.
    04-18-13 02:52 PM
    No, if you leave sound or vibrate to 'Off' for a contact, it will override the contact defaults. You will not receive sound or vibrate.

BeBuzz basically goes through the list of contacts and once it finds a match for the incoming message, it will do whatever this contact is set to and stop and further processing.

If BeBuzz can't find a matching contact, it will forward the message to the contact default settings.
    May I ask for that as a feature enhancement, an additional drop down selection or per contact option to use BeBuzz contact defaults if a customization hasn't been configured

That allows you to customize just one aspect for a contact without having to configure everything

04-18-13 05:42 PM
    Hey pfluger,

I only use your awesome app for the signal led. With the previous version, everything was fine. Since the update, I get horrible battery life. As soon as I turn off the app, battery life is very good. Can you post a link with the old version please? I want to go back. Again, no other features of the app are activated on my phone but the signal green led.

Second, can you make an app just for the signal light. Nothing else?

Thanks a lot

PIN 333AE4B3
    04-18-13 06:00 PM
    Oh man. Wow. This should have been in at launch. Bummed to hear that.
    04-18-13 07:50 PM
    Oh man. Wow. This should have been in at launch. Bummed to hear that.
    ^^^^^^this

PIN 333AE4B3
    04-18-13 08:01 PM
    This is the final piece I'm waiting on too..BES integration. Looking forward to it. Thanks for developing and supporting such a great app.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 10:25 PM
    This is the final piece I'm waiting on too..BES integration. Looking forward to it. Thanks for developing and supporting such a great app.

Posted via CB10
    If you are interested I can give you access to our internal beta that has experimental support for BES/Work (LED and Sound). Send me a PM with your BlackBerry ID.
    04-18-13 11:07 PM
979 ... 89101112 ...