BeBuzz is finally available for BlackBerry 10! We have been able to implement many of the features that were part of the old BlackBerry 7 version and we hope to add even more while the BlackBerry 10 OS API evolves.

Available for $2.99 on BlackBerry World at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/26737875

FEATURES:

- Choose from 7 predefined solid LED and 12 rapid flashing DISCO LED COLORS

- STACK 2 LED COLORS for even more color variations

- Set LED colors and audible reminders for E-Mails, text (SMS), Google Talk and Yahoo Messenger messages from your FAVORITE CONTACTS. See who it is that is contacting you!

- Assign colors for BlackBerry Messenger (only while device is locked), Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and incoming and missed calls

- Repeating Notifiers: Keep your phone's audible notifiers repeating until you acknowledge them

- Text-to-Speech: BeBuzz will read your e-mails and text messages out aloud!

- Fully interactive popups for e-mails and text messages. Preview, delete, flag and mark as read e-mails and texts straight from the popup.

- LED notifications and audible reminders will stop when you unlock the phone, peek/open the hub or press any hardware button

- E-mail and text filters. Create notifications for specific messages filtered by message sender or subject/body. Automatically perform actions on filtered e-mail messages (Delete, flag, mark as read, change priority)

- Customizable vibrate for every notification

- Vibrate on call connect/disconnect

- Coverage Indicator: Get your BlackBerry 7 blinking green status light back

- Fully customizable and doesn't drain your battery!

IMPORTANT LIMITATION: BeBuzz 10 has to constantly run as an active frame to work properly. If the app is closed it will not function. As soon as this missing functionality is added, we will of course provide a free upgrade!

BeBuzz 10 Pro for BlackBerry 10-img_00000101-50-.png BeBuzz 10 Pro for BlackBerry 10-img_00000108-50-.png
    BeBuzz 10 Pro for BlackBerry 10-img_00000106-50-.png BeBuzz 10 Pro for BlackBerry 10-img_00000113-50-.png
    BeBuzz 10 Pro for BlackBerry 10-img_00000107-50-.png BeBuzz 10 Pro for BlackBerry 10-img_00000111-50-.png
    Last edited by pfluger; 04-09-13 at 03:53 PM.
    04-09-13 02:41 PM
    Great to see this app on BB 10!
    04-09-13 02:43 PM
    If we have already purchased it on our old os7 phone do we get it free or a discount.
    curvezzz likes this.
    04-09-13 02:51 PM
    If we have already purchased it on our old os7 phone do we get it free or a discount.
    BeBuzz for BlackBerry 7 licenses do not transfer to BlackBerry 10, so you would have to re-purchase.
    04-09-13 03:06 PM
    If I set my Z10 to silent for a meeting, do the audible alerts set through BeBuzz still play at volume?

And is there any info available in the Active Frame or is it just an empty frame?
    04-09-13 03:16 PM
    If I set my Z10 to silent for a meeting, do the audible alerts set through BeBuzz still play at volume?
    Yes, in the current version audible alerts will still play if the profile is set to silent. We might have a workaround which unfortunately doesn't work due to a bug in OS 10. This might be fixed in OS 10.1

And is there any info available in the Active Frame or is it just an empty frame?
    The active frame will cycle through your contacts showing an indicator what LED colors you have assigned to that contact. See attached picture.

BeBuzz 10 Pro for BlackBerry 10-img_00000099-50-.png
    Jessie Smith2 likes this.
    04-09-13 03:24 PM
    BeBuzz 10 is now available for download. I added the link to the first post. (BlackBerry World - BeBuzz 10 Pro)
    04-09-13 03:54 PM
    Does not work for me unfortunately. Installed, configured and no led at all for any configured event.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 03:58 PM
    Does not work for me unfortunately. Installed, configured and no led at all for any configured event.

Posted via CB10
    Try setting a color for incoming calls. Does it work?
    When you select a LED color from the LED colors palette, does the LED flash that color one time?
    04-09-13 04:09 PM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
    04-09-13 04:30 PM

IMPORTANT LIMITATION: BeBuzz 10 has to constantly run as an active frame to work properly. If the app is closed it will not function. As soon as this missing functionality is added, we will of course provide a free upgrade!

Ridiculous that in 2013 BlackBerry hasn't provided developers the ability to implement background notifications (for 3rd party apps) when active frame is closed. Just feels half-baked in that aspect... must be something in the QNX architecture that makes it difficult or probably not even possible.

This can become a big problem when Skype (when released) messages go unread because the active frame was eventually closed. I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up more by by CrackBerry & co.
    Last edited by BB.David; 04-09-13 at 05:33 PM.
    jfunds likes this.
    04-09-13 05:21 PM
    Must be doing something wrong, cause I'm not getting pop ups or led and I have set it all up

Do I have to enter the license key somewhere?
    04-09-13 05:22 PM
    Must be doing something wrong, cause I'm not getting pop ups or led and I have set it all up

Do I have to enter the license key somewhere?
    The license key is not needed at this time.

Which notification have you tried? Can you try to enable popups/LED for incoming e-mails under 'Contact Defaults'?
    teostar likes this.
    04-09-13 05:40 PM
    Ok, here's a couple of things we need added to this app to make it perfect, besides the "running in the background whenever Blackberry releases the API's" :

1. The screen needs to light up when a message is received (all message types supported by the app)

2. On the pop up, please add the option "Open " and when clicked, go straight to the message

Other than that, I bought the app on all my previous blackberries, I am a huge fan. You accomplish the things I said and this app goes from good to perfect. Thank you

PIN 333AE4B3
    Kruszynka likes this.
    04-09-13 05:42 PM
    Ridiculous that in 2013 BlackBerry hasn't provided developers the ability to implement background notifications (for 3rd party apps) when active frame is closed. Just feels half-baked in that aspect... must be something in the QNX architecture that makes it difficult or probably not even possible.

This can become a big problem when Skype (when released) messages go unread because the active frame was eventually closed. I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up more by by CrackBerry & co.
    I did. A lot. And everybody told me to go back to the 9900 forums or to keep up with the evolution. I'm telling you dude, RIM reverse engineered an Android phone in the Z10 and did a ****ty job

PIN 333AE4B3
    jfunds likes this.
    04-09-13 05:44 PM
    1. The screen needs to light up when a message is received (all message types supported by the app)
    At this time there is no API to turn on the backlight. Not sure if that would make sense though, as 3rd party apps cannot show anything on the lockscreen.

2. On the pop up, please add the option "Open " and when clicked, go straight to the message
    We are planning more popup customization options (like more possible actions in the popup). "Open" is definitely on the list, but it is not yet clear how this function should behave. Once clicking 'Open' any other pending popups would be dismissed, this might not be what a user expects.
    04-09-13 05:50 PM
    Oh and thank you so much for bringing back the green signal light. That rocks!

PIN 333AE4B3
    kevinnugent likes this.
    04-09-13 05:50 PM
    Henrink I don't see the orange light color, also I have a question, I want to set a rule for 5 different people for incoming SMS but do not want to add them one by one, instead I want a RULE that triggers using their phone number , will this work and how do I set it?

Posted Via CB10 app on the Z10LE
    04-09-13 06:01 PM
    Also this is huge, thank you so much :
    BeBuzz 10 Pro for BlackBerry 10-img_00000094.png

PIN 333AE4B3
    04-09-13 06:07 PM
    The license key is not needed at this time.

Which notification have you tried? Can you try to enable popups/LED for incoming e-mails under 'Contact Defaults'?
    I have led's set for text, 3 email accounts and leds for the same. Also for network coverage (which is working)...did this all in Contact Defaults.
    I didn't set up separate contacts as I don't really use this feature
    04-09-13 06:08 PM
    Yeah this app does not work for me at all. No led for Facebook, Twitter. BBM, emails nothing.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:15 PM
    Yeah this app does not work for me at all. No led for Facebook, Twitter. BBM, emails nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Did you turn off all OS led, ring tone and vibration alerts?

PIN 333AE4B3
    04-09-13 06:23 PM

PIN 333AE4B3
    I turned off all leds and vibration but left the sound on
    So you are saying that we can't use our custom ringtones? Well that's no good. I like to have the ringtones as well as the coloured leds...
    04-09-13 06:27 PM

PIN 333AE4B3
    Since you have it...what if you just want the led to work and want to keep the original ring tone...do we still need to turn off vibrate and ringtone in the os?

Posted from my ZED10
    04-09-13 06:28 PM
    I turned off all leds and vibration but left the sound on
    So you are saying that we can't use our custom ringtones? Well that's no good. I like to have the ringtones as well as the coloured leds...
    Lol. Beat me to it. This is what I want to know. I see no reason to fiddle around d with the ring tones and sounds I have set up for the accounts in order to have a colored led.

Posted from my ZED10
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    04-09-13 06:29 PM
979 123 ...