Won't work without installing 1.2 first. At least it wouldn't a few years ago. Somewhere I have ver 1.2 but have to find it! The process is: install SkyDrive (OneDrive) v 1.2 then update with the version you have linked to. Ver 4.4 will not work either @Dunt Dunt Dunt . Ver 4.2 is the end of OneDrive on a BB10 device.
    Just going off what others had posted.... I defer to your real world experience.
    06-01-20 02:10 PM
    All done within C++ and no API, webviews etc? On top of the fact, it omits all of Youtube/Google's tracking! You are not only a clever clogs but a true gentleman and scholars! You have my utmost respect. I'm just scraping along university and can bearly make command line applications in C++ ^^;
    You have taken a modern bit of social media and made it accessible in a way for those who want to access the modern web while on hardware to negate as much modern spying/traking as possible. Well done this is phenomenal bit of work! I hope you're able to keep up this passion in the future. Thank you so much.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-02-20 05:45 PM
    Thanks! But I must admit that BB provided a good QT-based C++ framework (calling Cascades) that developing apps in C++ is not more difficult than in other high-level languages like Java or similar. There is another, lot more low-level approach using C language - those guys are true unsung heroes. I believe that's the only way to develop apps for Playbook, and that's crazy how they managed to create apps with such an advanced UI.
    As for the second part of your post, one could argue that ad/tracking is a part of the social contract between service providers and consumers. Imagine the world where you're charged for each google search or for your mail account. Moreover, content creators like video bloggers earn less when people use Ad-blockers or similar software. My own excuse is that the number of such users is not significant so that's still kind of fair.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-20 11:19 PM
    Love the app, thank you so much for your work. Will donate as soon as I can!
    06-04-20 11:58 AM
    Thanks! But I must admit that BB provided a good QT-based C++ framework (calling Cascades) that developing apps in C++ is not more difficult than in other high-level languages like Java or similar. There is another, lot more low-level approach using C language - those guys are true unsung heroes. I believe that's the only way to develop apps for Playbook, and that's crazy how they managed to create apps with such an advanced UI.
    As for the second part of your post, one could argue that ad/tracking is a part of the social contract between service providers and consumers. Imagine the world where you're charged for each google search or for your mail account. Moreover, content creators like video bloggers earn less when people use Ad-blockers or similar software. My own excuse is that the number of such users is not significant so that's still kind of fair.

Posted via CB10
    Ironically, from what I've noticed is googles closure compiled tracker scripts are parsed and executed faster than just about everything else. Have to use them sometimes to get access to the good stuff.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-20 02:01 AM
    It seems to me last version stopped working. Is it because of sanctions from YouTube?
    06-10-20 03:32 PM
    Works for me!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-20 03:35 PM
    It seems to me last version stopped working. Is it because of sanctions from YouTube?
    Just checked. Works great.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-20 10:18 PM
    Yes, you're right, it works. Sorry for this panic.) For once in a life my Passport caught some error and refused to open any videos and videoapps. Reboot helped.
    06-12-20 11:33 AM
    I really don't care whether it's a Merriam Webster or else one. I just want a dictionary with the features these dictionaries have. I personally love Cambridge dictionary but it's not offline so no chance, I'm gonna get something.
    By the way thanks, and congratulations to you for such a great YT client. No matter how long does it take, just keep in mind that a dictionary is an essential that BlackBerry World lacks.

Posted via CB10
    I can't believe your in this thread begging for a dictionary! Haha! It's kind of funny. No offense intended, but it's a little off-topic and there must be some available that are built out somewhat.
    06-12-20 08:28 PM
    I am on the version 1.2.1.1 and every time I search for something it shows up the result rather slowly and then when I hit on any video it says source unavailable. I don't understand why is this happening. I have tried vpn on and off but the result is same

Posted via CB10
    06-13-20 05:18 AM
    I am on the version 1.2.1.1 and every time I search for something it shows up the result rather slowly and then when I hit on any video it says source unavailable. I don't understand why is this happening. I have tried vpn on and off but the result is same

Posted via CB10
    You've got to update to 1.2.2.2, that will fix the 'Source Unavailable' issue

Posted via CB10
    06-13-20 05:29 AM
    I can't believe your in this thread begging for a dictionary! Haha! It's kind of funny. No offense intended, but it's a little off-topic and there must be some available that are built out somewhat.
    Actually I am preparing IELTS so I badly need a good dictionary in order to keep my preparation continuous for the time being.
    Perhaps there are some but unfortunately despite of having experienced more than 48 types, I remained unable to have gotten any.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-20 05:36 AM
    Actually I am preparing IELTS so I badly need a good dictionary in order to keep my preparation continuous for the time being.
    Perhaps there are some but unfortunately despite of having experienced more than 48 types, I remained unable to have gotten any.

Posted via CB10
    Use "English Dictionary Offline" by livio. The last version that works is 4.2.
    Here's the link to the apk-
    https://m.apkpure.com/english-dictio...ions%2Fversion
    06-13-20 08:13 PM
    You've got to update to 1.2.2.2, that will fix the 'Source Unavailable' issue

Posted via CB10
    I still get ''Source Unavailable'' in 1.2.2.2

Posted via CB10
    06-13-20 10:36 PM
    I still get ''Source Unavailable'' in 1.2.2.2

Posted via CB10
    Hi. On all videos or only on specific ones? Are you able to watch them in Private Browser? If so, could you share the links? You can copy a link from any context menu.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-20 11:30 PM
    Hi. On all videos or only on specific ones? Are you able to watch them in Private Browser? If so, could you share the links? You can copy a link from any context menu.

Posted via CB10
    I checked again and I didn't notice that it was a premiere video...my bad!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-20 12:33 AM
    I checked again and I didn't notice that it was a premiere video...my bad!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that's a bit confusing. I was also surprised when saw a video in the feed but didn't manage to open it in the app. I don't know why but YouTube puts premiere videos to the RSS feed - that's why we see them in the feed on the Channels page

Posted via CB10
    06-14-20 12:43 AM
    Version 1.3.0.1 is out.
    - Added Favorites, Watch Later, History lists as a part of a broader concept called 'Playlists'. For now, only these 3 predefined lists are supported, no custom lists.
    - Added an indication whether a video is favorite or is in the Watch Later list or was viewed to all lists with videos
    - Introduced the Recommended page (extracts data at www.youtube.com)
    - Implemented the Trending page (extracts data at www.youtube.com/feed/trending)
    - Developed timestamps / chapters. Prerequisites: 1. The video's description must contain properly formatted timestamps 2. Fast-forwarding must be enabled (therefore, it won't work for live streams and the Audio Only mode). For a showcase try to open this video:
    - Minor improvements and bugfixes

A known issue: in theory, the Recommended page must have an infinite scroll, but sometimes due to some technical issues it shows only first ~20 videos. Try to Refresh the page and you'll get more. I don't know how to fix that in a generic way.

The biggest challenge for me was to implement a way how to make the playlist which is currently playing available from all views in the app. I added a new 'Playlist' icon to the Mini Player for each view except the Player view. And for the player view I decided to not touch the Related / Similar videos list on the overlay and place the Playlist action to the side menu. That was the easiest and the simplest solution I came up with considering 720x720 screens on a large amount of devices.
    The logic behind the Next/Prev buttons was also changed: if a playlist is playing then those buttons allow navigating through the playlist, otherwise the old logic is applied.
    A new Repeat Mode was added: Repeat list.
    If a playlist is currently playing and you open a video from another page than the Playlist page then you'll quit the 'Playing Playlist' mode.

Probably, the solutions above are not perfect in terms of UX, so I'm open for suggestions.
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Attached Thumbnails BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20200616_200431.png   BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20200616_200134.png   BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20200616_200229.png   BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20200616_200306.png   BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20200616_200330.png  

BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20200616_200348.png   BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20200616_200440.png   BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20200616_200556.png   BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20200616_204723.png  
    06-16-20 01:10 PM
    Thank you for new version!

But for me the search is completely broken. I get "no results found" everytime (no filters active). Even when clicking on search suggestions shown. Is it only me?

EDIT: Search is suddenly OK. :-)
    Last edited by MeMeCe; 06-16-20 at 04:25 PM.
    06-16-20 02:59 PM
    Awesome! Thanks for everything dude

Posted via CB10
    06-17-20 10:29 AM
    Great work,thank you,,,

Posted via CB10
    06-18-20 03:27 AM
    Wow the last version has really nice improvements. Thanks Alexey! Only one thing, it takes for me around 15 seconds to refresh the channels page(I have over 400 subscriptions). Can it be a bit faster?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-20 04:11 AM
    Only one thing, it takes for me around 15 seconds to refresh the channels page(I have over 400 subscriptions). Can it be a bit faster?

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, no. To get updates the app has to run N http requests where N is a number of your subscriptions. They already run in parallel but networking, CPU, input/output capabilities are limited (especially on 2013's hardware and software). Plus, the server (Google's) needs some time to process each request and to return a response. 15 seconds for 400 subscriptions means around 40ms per channel which is quite decent in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-20 04:33 AM
    Unfortunately, no. To get updates the app has to run N http requests where N is a number of your subscriptions. They already run in parallel but networking, CPU, input/output capabilities are limited (especially on 2013's hardware and software). Plus, the server (Google's) needs some time to process each request and to return a response. 15 seconds for 400 subscriptions means around 40ms per channel which is quite decent in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Would be interesting to compare on today's hardware with a 5G connection... But could be that with that number of subscriptions, it doesn't change much (might be as fast as Google's server can reply?).
    06-18-20 09:13 AM
547 ... 678910 ...