Can this app be used for YouTube Music as well?
    01-31-21 04:34 AM
    Can this app be used for YouTube Music as well?
    No, it can't.
    01-31-21 05:07 AM
    OMG! Thank you so much for that! You are a genius! And yes - it def. makes more sense this way! change = break (consistently).
    Yes, thanks Alexey! This is awesome. The app makes BB10 more modern than my tablet in some ways.

If I can think of any other features of I will let you know but I'm enjoying it a lot as it is. (Playback speed is first thought but I know the OS can't do it as you said.)

Posted via CB10
    02-02-21 11:03 AM
    Having an issue with the new version. I can no longer launch videos from the Channels tab. When I click on the channel to see the video list, the application aborts. If I use the feeds tab, I can launch the videos from my total channel list which lists all recent videos.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-21 07:43 AM
    Having an issue with the new version. I can no longer launch videos from the Channels tab. When I click on the channel to see the video list, the application aborts. If I use the feeds tab, I can launch the videos from my total channel list which lists all recent videos.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Even when using the search tab, selecting a channel closes the app.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-21 11:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Experienced the same too over the last few days only.
    Can do the refresh of channels open videos that are new in the feed area but not open a channel without BBTUBE crash (the spinning circle starts reading the channel info, stops and crash)

The older BBTUBE vers.1.3.3.1 didn't had that issue at all to me, was thinking of downgrading but as far we know Alexey by now ;-) yeah he is a fast moving genius to address issues that pop up :-) no worry this problem would be soon be sorted out no doubt about that.

 Classic  Passport  OS10.3.3.3216
    02-12-21 08:32 AM
    I have not upgraded yet and am having the same issues.

I cannot open a video from channels. The app crashes when I try. Also, the app is crashing frequently when I simply click on channels.

Also, the app sometimes crashes before it even opens.

Based on a past thread, I suspect there might be a handshake issue due to a change on YT's side. But I'm all ears and hoping we can keep using our wonderful app.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-21 09:43 AM
    Also, the app sometimes crashes before it even opens.

Based on a past thread, I suspect there might be a handshake issue due to a change on YT's side. But I'm all ears and hoping we can keep using our wonderful app.
    Posted via CB10
    Yep the initial crash after start is a well known issue among the older versions but it looks like that was solved meanwhile..

About that handshake issue you are mention..
    Yes been suspecting that too, specially since YT had a bit of a tidy-up lately regarding blocking certain contents... and deleting channels on larger scales..
    And yes this channel-opening-crash didn't happened right after update to the latest BBTUBE vers.1.3.4.1 but only lately, nevertheless I do remember that Alexey did mention that the latest version can be a bit iffy depending what startup screen is set as default in the setup, like recommendations for instant, but channel and search screen was OK so far..
    As you say, it may got some to do with YT playing around with whatever they changed lately.

 Classic  Passport  OS10.3.3.3216
    02-12-21 09:56 AM
    Hi @BB-nomade, @FortressBB10, @The_Disembodied, @jamesp614

Indeed, the channels page is broken: YT has changed the way how they handle 'load more' event.

But there is a lot more critical issue: at the moment I can't receive debug tokens from BB's servers (i.e. I can't develop) and can't sign .bar-files (i.e. I can't distribute the app). I don't know whether this is a temporary issue or not, I heard that they were going to shutdown something related to development in 2021, so maybe the story is over. Let's see how it goes during the next couple of days and I'll make a more detailed statement if needed.
    02-12-21 12:51 PM
    Hi @BB-nomade, @FortressBB10, @The_Disembodied, @jamesp614

Indeed, the channels page is broken: YT has changed the way how they handle 'load more' event.

But there is a lot more critical issue: at the moment I can't receive debug tokens from BB's servers (i.e. I can't develop) and can't sign .bar-files (i.e. I can't distribute the app). I don't know whether this is a temporary issue or not, I heard that they were going to shutdown something related to development in 2021, so maybe the story is over. Let's see how it goes during the next couple of days and I'll make a more detailed statement if needed.
    Wow. I had no idea BB could prevent people from developing on their own. Why? They aren't making any more money off of Key2 converters.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-21 05:48 AM
    Wow. I had no idea BB could prevent people from developing on their own. Why? They aren't making any more money off of Key2 converters.

Posted via CB10
    The ancient infrastructure is being retired as licenses aren't renewed and equipment fails.

This particular issue might be a blip, but the day will come.
    02-13-21 06:34 AM
    The ancient infrastructure is being retired as licenses aren't renewed and equipment fails.

This particular issue might be a blip, but the day will come.
    I mean why do native apps need to necessarily talk to the BB server? Even if they aren't in BBWorld?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-21 10:06 AM
    I mean why do native apps need to necessarily talk to the BB server? Even if they aren't in BBWorld?

Posted via CB10
    They don't. But a developer needs a key to sign an app before releasing it.

Remember, you can only install a native app (or OS) on a BB10 device that was signed by BlackBerry.
    02-13-21 10:09 AM

Posted via CB10

@conite is right: when one generates a .bar-file, it needs to be signed by the dev's certificate. And this step is required even for programs like Sachesi and similar. Besides, one needs a so called Debug Token to deploy/debug apps to a phone from Momentics IDE (i.e. the main development environment for BB 10). At the moment both token/certificates are unavailable, BB's servers return HTTP Error 502, I've just re-checked it again.
    02-13-21 10:18 AM
    @conite is right: when one generates a .bar-file, it needs to be signed by the dev's certificate. And this step is required even for programs like Sachesi and similar. Besides, one needs a so called Debug Token to deploy/debug apps to a phone from Momentics IDE (i.e. the main development environment for BB 10). At the moment both token/certificates are unavailable, BB's servers return HTTP Error 502, I've just re-checked it again.
    I don't doubt this. Just surprised since our phones can run Android programs if we change a setting to allow programs outside BBWorld.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-21 10:42 AM
    I don't doubt this. Just surprised since our phones can run Android programs if we change a setting to allow programs outside BBWorld.

Posted via CB10
    And our phones can run native apps too. I think you're missing something.

What we're talking about here affects developers - not end users (not directly).
    02-13-21 10:49 AM
    Channels started working for me! Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-21 01:06 AM
    Channels started working for me! Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    It was a transient thing. Not working again. Strange.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-21 01:33 AM
    I know that dev's certificate system has gone down before, and after a few weeks they fixed it. But we are much closer to the end of BB10 now.... and BBW was suppose to already be shutdown by now.
    02-16-21 07:49 AM
    The same problem for me.
    I hope that will be corrected because for me it's the best alternative to use youtube.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-21 12:58 PM
    The same problem for me.
    I hope that will be corrected because for me it's the best alternative to use youtube.

Posted via CB10
    I wonder if we all request that BB fix this someone at the company would do it.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-21 02:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Who? The BB10 and BBAndroid employees that weren't let go have long ago been reassigned to UEM, QNX or Cylance divisions. BlackBerry isn't just neutral and indifferent. BlackBerry wants closure so it can finally move on too.
    02-21-21 02:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    If this is not just a temporary technical glitch, then why on earth would BlackBerry respond? If their servers broke down or some required licenses expired, they aren't going to do it.
    02-21-21 02:56 PM
    It's a shame because BBOS10 was so good.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-21 03:08 PM
    It's a shame because BBOS10 was so good.

Posted via CB10
    BB10.
    02-21-21 03:28 PM
547 ... 1415161718 ...