I suppose not if it has 5-10 second seek jump for which I'm asking Alexey to allow bbtube to play local files.
    If you can get a hold of Kalemsoft, this can deal with local files and seek/jump. Default is 30s but actually it is configurable!
    One of the best players out there, on any platform.

Can deal with local files, remote media, streaming from PC, DLNA and can even play from URL.

Another option might be to find APK of VLC. Doesn't have a button for fast forward, but I believe the behaviour is tap the screen to bring up the time and then slide your finger to fast forward some amount of time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-04-21 11:24 PM
    If you can get a hold of Kalemsoft, this can deal with local files and seek/jump. Default is 30s but actually it is configurable!
    One of the best players out there, on any platform.

Can deal with local files, remote media, streaming from PC, DLNA and can even play from URL.

Another option might be to find APK of VLC. Doesn't have a button for fast forward, but I believe the behaviour is tap the screen to bring up the time and then slide your finger to fast forward some amount of time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Couldn't find it on BlackBerry World. Is this a territorial restriction or you too don't have access to it anymore?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-21 09:34 AM
    Couldn't find it on BlackBerry World. Is this a territorial restriction or you too don't have access to it anymore?

Posted via CB10
    http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/produc...KSMPlayer.html
    01-06-21 09:56 AM
    I can only repeat myself: This app is SO good! Now that I finally imported my channels especially and the ability to sort the feed by upload time - what else does one want from YouTube? Def. u sing BB10 even MORE now, NewPipe just can't compare! And when I tell people what I can do with this app, they don't even seem to get it. It's like telling people that you were hijacked by an UFO, went to the MARS and back again. They're like "ah okay."
    Alexey Gurevski likes this.
    01-07-21 03:13 AM
    I can only repeat myself: This app is SO good! Now that I finally imported my channels especially and the ability to sort the feed by upload time - what else does one want from YouTube? Def. u sing BB10 even MORE now, NewPipe just can't compare! And when I tell people what I can do with this app, they don't even seem to get it. It's like telling people that you were hijacked by an UFO, went to the MARS and back again. They're like "ah okay."
    Yes. It's awesome. I just started collecting channels for the first time. Never did on a compuer since I don't log into Google accounts.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-21 09:28 PM
    @Alexey this afternoon my mother's device died and she had to use mine for some YouTube videos she watches everyday as a part of her Therapy. They show some colourful waves disturbed as the playback music goes, the whole screen was white and those waves were in the middle of the screen. When I saw that thing, it was good but I found something unusual, to say, an issue. When the screen is white I can't properly look at the names of other videos(that we can scroll down and up while leaving the video continued) that are displayed when we tap on the screen and options like pause/play, next etc pop up, because of the names of those videos written in white systematic font.
    This problem can always disturb whenever one watches a video with light colours (specifically white)
    So, I was wondering whether it is possible to give these scrolling video thing a different background depending on the user's leisure (by switching to dark/light theme whenever the need is there) or something else that fits you best.

The app is best, this is just a thing that I encountered as an issue. And that I thought to share with you as best.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-21 09:52 AM
    When the screen is white I can't properly look at the names of other videos(that we can scroll down and up while leaving the video continued) that are displayed when we tap on the screen and options like pause/play, next etc pop up, because of the names of those videos written in white systematic font.
    Hi, I can't reproduce the issue, see the attached screenshot. The background's color is white but the titles are still readable thanks to a nice opacity effect.
    Attached Thumbnails BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20210117_213015.png  
    01-17-21 12:46 PM
    Hey Alexey, is it possible to make the app stop/continue music, once a line cable is plugged /unplugged? Like in other apps? thanks a lot!

Posted via CB10
    01-17-21 05:02 PM
    Alexey, you are amazing 💓👍
    Thanks so much for this!

Posted via my awesome  Passport 😍
    01-18-21 06:29 AM
    Hey Alexey, is it possible to make the app stop/continue music, once a line cable is plugged /unplugged? Like in other apps?
    What do you mean by "line cable"? Is it the one with 3.5mm jack? Could you provide some examples of apps with such a behavior?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-21 12:28 PM
    What do you mean by "line cable"? Is it the one with 3.5mm jack? Could you provide some examples of apps with such a behavior?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah exactly, like auxiliary connection cables or headphones, so 3.5mm jack. The native music app, Neutron or Star player do that as well. They pause the audio/video, when you unplug and some continue when you plug. First function is imo more important.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-21 12:37 PM
    Yeah exactly, like auxiliary connection cables or headphones, so 3.5mm jack. The native music app, Neutron or Star player do that as well. They pause the audio/video, when you unplug and some continue when you plug. First function is imo more important.

Posted via CB10
    To expand on this, Nobex pauses the audio if you pull out the headphones or a bluetooth connection is cut off. Any change in the audio source pauses playback.

Sometimes I like this when I'm in a public place. Example: you're in the line at the grocery store and you want to quickly stop the play when you get to the front. Or your bluetooth earphones cut out in a public place and you don't want to share your audio with everyone.

Sometimes I prefer the audio to keep going if I'm at home. I guess as an option it would be nice to have.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-21 02:19 PM
    BBTube so far working great in the latest revision.
    But one little glitch I notice is if captions are enabled and the language is DBCS type then it doesn't show up properly, all the characters just end up as square boxes.
    01-20-21 09:51 PM
    THX for BBTube My 4x Q10 have new life
    01-21-21 12:34 PM
    BBTube so far working great in the latest revision.
    But one little glitch I notice is if captions are enabled and the language is DBCS type then it doesn't show up properly, all the characters just end up as square boxes.
    Yes, I saw that as well while checking Japanese subtitles for a video. That's a bug in the BB 10 internal media player component because Russian characters (also Unicode) works just fine. You have to live with that, sorry.
    01-22-21 01:47 AM
    Hi guys,

Today I've got a good idea I guess. I hope most of you have heard about Progressive Web Apps (a.k.a PWAs a.k.a home-screen apps). That's basically the type of app when you add a shortcut to a website to your home screen. It's supported by most OSs to a certain extent.
    So I'm thinking about implementing a "BBTube" web app, which will allow us to use the app on most platforms. I remember that people asked about a similar app for iOS or Playbook. Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard that Apple Store removes all 3-rd party YT apps so they don't have any alternatives, do they? Of course, there are a number of alternatives on Android (like NewPipe or similar) but those are still APKs which need to be side-loaded.

I'm planning to keep the same "philosophy": no ads, Yes to background playing, no login, no tracking, lightweight UI. On the other hand, this won't be a native app so some features won't be supported (e.g. gestures; they can be emulated via javascript but I hate such an implementation)

Long story short, what do you think about that? Would it be an app which you would use?
    I don't see a way how to create a poll on this forum, therefore give this post a Like if you think the app is viable, or leave a comment why do you think it is useless.

Thanks.
    Gordo inc and dmlis like this.
    01-22-21 02:11 AM
    I would break out my old Playbooks for that! Also, I would enjoy this app in Windows for my Surface tablets. It's making YT even more addictive and usable.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-21 03:33 AM
    Hi guys,

Today I've got a good idea I guess. I hope most of you have heard about Progressive Web Apps (a.k.a PWAs a.k.a home-screen apps). That's basically the type of app when you add a shortcut to a website to your home screen. It's supported by most OSs to a certain extent.
    So I'm thinking about implementing a "BBTube" web app, which will allow us to use the app on most platforms. I remember that people asked about a similar app for iOS or Playbook. Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard that Apple Store removes all 3-rd party YT apps so they don't have any alternatives, do they? Of course, there are a number of alternatives on Android (like NewPipe or similar) but those are still APKs which need to be side-loaded.

I'm planning to keep the same "philosophy": no ads, Yes to background playing, no login, no tracking, lightweight UI. On the other hand, this won't be a native app so some features won't be supported (e.g. gestures; they can be emulated via javascript but I hate such an implementation)

Long story short, what do you think about that? Would it be an app which you would use?
    I don't see a way how to create a poll on this forum, therefore give this post a Like if you think the app is viable, or leave a comment why do you think it is useless.

Thanks.
    Android already had a number of such apps for YouTube - like NewPipe, Vanced, etc.
    01-22-21 08:48 AM
    I'm all for it as long as it works. I prefer it for a lot of things, for example I use the Spotify PWA even on desktop.
    Problem is if BB10 browser can handle it or not. It doesn't seem to be able to deal with Spotify

Posted via CB10
    01-22-21 11:10 AM
    Yes, I saw that as well while checking Japanese subtitles for a video. That's a bug in the BB 10 internal media player component because Russian characters (also Unicode) works just fine. You have to live with that, sorry.
    Japanese/Chinese/Korean are DBCS systems, Cyrillic can be Unicode as well but SBCS.
    Judging by the character count in the subtitles it appear it is handling DBCS correctly so it just may be a matter of the font not having the full set of supported characters. I don't know if that's hardcoded in the BB10 internal player, maybe that's a bug. A bit surprising if that were the case since BB10 support for DBCS Unicode seems to be pervasive throughout the system.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-21 11:17 AM
    Hi guys,

Thanks.
    I think thats a good idea, some features like accessibilty may become easier to integrate. I have to ask though, what is it about using javascripts touch screen events that you hate?

I thought this was ok, not perfect but not terrible. The will-change css property is used to optimize the transform. It could be smoother using some pseudo attributes, transition, and then aria as the inversion of control to the hardware accelerated transition. These things would be a finishing touches kind of optimization. I don't mean to waste your time.

https://slideout.js.org/

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 01-24-21 at 11:07 PM.
    01-22-21 02:25 PM
    Hi, Bbtube keeps crashing two seconds after I launch it. The app just closes like Im out xD. Anyone having this issue?

I tried :
    - restarting my phone
    - reinstalled the app, tried different versions
    - ran the video player since it used to fix some problems

Still no luck. Any ideas ?

Thank you Alexei for your work. This app is so amazing and brings live back to BB10 devices =)

Posted via CB10
    01-28-21 11:22 AM
    Hi, Bbtube keeps crashing two seconds after I launch it. Anyone having this issue?
    Works just fine for me. But the issue which you're describing happens from time to time, I know that from some users. Let's wait for few hours.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-21 03:45 PM
    Version 1.3.4.1 is out.
    - Any change in the audio source (i.e. between loudspeaker, BT, headset, etc.) pauses playback. Please beware that the behavior is slightly different to the stock media player's one. BBTube pauses playback on any change, even on switching from loudspeaker to BT, the stock player woudln't pause in that case. BBTube's behavior seems more consistent to me, but feel free to contact me if you have better ideas. @FortressBB10 @Akis Tsirogiannis
    - Implemented lazy loading for Recommended and Trending pages. This fix prevents app crashes on startup. However I wouldn't recommend to set any of those two as the Default tab.

Thanks for your feedback.
    NaGMeT likes this.
    01-30-21 02:45 PM
    Version 1.3.4.1 is out.
    - Any change in the audio source (i.e. between loudspeaker, BT, headset, etc.) pauses playback. Please beware that the behavior is slightly different to the stock media player's one. BBTube pauses playback on any change, even on switching from loudspeaker to BT, the stock player woudln't pause in that case. BBTube's behavior seems more consistent to me, but feel free to contact me if you have better ideas. @FortressBB10 @Akis Tsirogiannis
    - Implemented lazy loading for Recommended and Trending pages. This fix prevents app crashes on startup. However I wouldn't recommend to set any of those two as the Default tab.

Thanks for your feedback.
    OMG! Thank you so much for that! You are a genius! And yes - it def. makes more sense this way! change = break (consistently).
    01-30-21 04:11 PM
547 ... 1314151617 ...