For instance?
    It turned out, that probably 1 of 40 or 1 of 50 videos are unavailable. ) And it was quite a tricky task to find some.
    I opened a few channels and tried to start random videos. These were unavailable, but they are definitely viewable in browser:

12-01-20 12:37 AM
    Version 1.3.3.1 is out.

- Fixed Channels import to support Google Takeout output @mikael11
    - Added 'Copy Stream URL' action, see at the bottom of the side menu on the Player View. @XcrazyS

More details regarding Channels import:
    Unfortunately, BB 10 stock browser doesn't work well with Google Takeout, a PC or another device is required to export YouTube subscriptions. Guide:
    -Go to https://takeout.google.com/takeout/c...26authuser%3D0
    -Click on "All data included"
    -Select "Deselect all" and select only "subscriptions" and click on OK
    -Go to "Next step"
    -Click "Create export"
    -Download link will be sent to email by default
    -Use the emailed link to download to obtain subscriptions.json
    -Follow the further steps in BBTube

@XcrazyS, @Wowan, @jamesp614
    Besides that, I didn't manage to fix the Source Unavailable error on some videos. The problem is that YouTube's response is totally normal on videos with a corrupted 720p stream. The only workaround is to manually switch to 360p in that case.
    12-05-20 09:52 PM
    I did paste the link we get having tapped the download option into the star player's network stream and as expected it was really easy to download it. Is it possible @Alexey to simply enable bbtube to collaborate with star player and by default set to open star player network stream as a download manager?
    Just random thought, please don't judge.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-20 02:01 AM
    Is it possible @Alexey to simply enable bbtube to collaborate with star player and by default set to open star player network stream as a download manager?
    Apps interaction in BB 10 requires some hardcoded stuff implemented by corresponding developers. Star player is a proprietary software (?), I'm not sure that it has any entrypoints publicly available.
    But honestly, I don't believe that downloading via the stock browser is that difficult comparing to a 3-rd party app.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-20 02:49 AM
    Version 1.3.3.1 is out.

- Fixed Channels import to support Google Takeout output @mikael11
    - Added 'Copy Stream URL' action, see at the bottom of the side menu on the Player View. @XcrazyS

More details regarding Channels import:
    Unfortunately, BB 10 stock browser doesn't work well with Google Takeout, a PC or another device is required to export YouTube subscriptions. Guide:
    -Go to https://takeout.google.com/takeout/c...26authuser%3D0
    -Click on "All data included"
    -Select "Deselect all" and select only "subscriptions" and click on OK
    -Go to "Next step"
    -Click "Create export"
    -Download link will be sent to email by default
    -Use the emailed link to download to obtain subscriptions.json
    -Follow the further steps in BBTube

@XcrazyS, @Wowan, @jamesp614
    Besides that, I didn't manage to fix the Source Unavailable error on some videos. The problem is that YouTube's response is totally normal on videos with a corrupted 720p stream. The only workaround is to manually switch to 360p in that case.
    Great news Alexey, thank you!

Posted via CB10
    12-06-20 03:53 AM
    Apps interaction in BB 10 requires some hardcoded stuff implemented by corresponding developers. Star player is a proprietary software (?), I'm not sure that it has any entrypoints publicly available.
    But honestly, I don't believe that downloading via the stock browser is that difficult comparing to a 3-rd party app.

Posted via CB10
    It has starplayer:// registered as an invocable url, but I don't know about replacing suffixed data.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-20 11:52 AM
    I downloaded this app to my key2, then Bluetooth transfered it to BlackBerry Classic - and it won't install the bar file.

"unable to open" what am I missing? thanks
    12-06-20 04:58 PM
    I downloaded this app to my key2, then Bluetooth transfered it to BlackBerry Classic - and it won't install the bar file.

"unable to open" what am I missing? thanks
    You need a PC to install (sideload) a bar file to your BB10 device. You can use dbbt or the BB10 App Manager extension for Chrome. Lots of tutorials online for both. No way to install a native bar file directly on the device.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-20 05:01 PM
    You need a PC to install (sideload) a bar file to your BB10 device. You can use dbbt or the BB10 App Manager extension for Chrome. Lots of tutorials online for both. No way to install a native bar file directly on the device.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! Will explore this!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    12-06-20 05:02 PM
    Any chance of getting a build for PlayBook?
    I'm not expecting any debug or support, if there's a check box to enable build for Playbook, see if that happens, if not, then forget I said anything!
    12-12-20 10:26 PM
    Any chance of getting a build for PlayBook?
    I'm not expecting any debug or support, if there's a check box to enable build for Playbook, see if that happens, if not, then forget I said anything!
    This question is getting more popular... unfortunately, the answer is no. Playbook uses a different OS and a different runtime, it doesn't support the Cascades framework.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    12-12-20 11:59 PM
    Is this possible I could use the bbtube player independently with other video files I have? Like a third party media player (for atleast videos if not audio files) because that 10 second option is a great utility which I couldn't find anywhere else. Any possibility?

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-15-20 01:44 AM
    Is this possible I could use the bbtube player independently with other video files I have?
    No, it wasn't designed for playing local media files. SuperTube was able to do that, but I don't think it works as expected at the moment

Posted via CB10
    12-15-20 02:12 AM
    Is this possible I could use the bbtube player independently with other video files I have? Like a third party media player (for atleast videos if not audio files) because that 10 second option is a great utility which I couldn't find anywhere else. Any possibility?

Posted via CB10
    You could use the stock browser to play media, it plays minimized too. Just need the path to the file.

Device storage is at file:///accounts/1000/shared/.
    The sd card has a few links but this is one file:///mnt/sdcard/external_sd/.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 12-15-20 at 04:54 PM.
    12-15-20 12:41 PM
    You could use the stock browser to play media, it plays minimized too. Just need the path to the file.

Device storage is at file:///accounts/1000/shared/.
    The sd card has a few links but this is one file:///mnt/sdcard/external_sd/.

Posted via CB10
    I suppose not if it has 5-10 second seek jump for which I'm asking Alexey to allow bbtube to play local files.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-20 10:06 PM
    I suppose not if it has 5-10 second seek jump for which I'm asking Alexey to allow bbtube to play local files.

Posted via CB10
    Worth a try, the videos played that way have additional share targets aswell. I get a lot of use out the browser for non browser related things.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-20 01:23 AM
    Worth a try, the videos played that way have additional share targets aswell. I get a lot of use out the browser for non browser related things.

Posted via CB10
    How do you find a specified path for each file? Do we have an app for it in BlackBerry World?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-20 03:22 AM
    How do you find a specified path for each file? Do we have an app for it in BlackBerry World?

Posted via CB10
    Hope these screen shots explain. How do I? Assistant, Shell, a file manager. A shell could output an index for you with echo.

Seek can sometimes be associated with the browser history, actually at any given time if you resubmit your web address with a # sign added at the end, an event occurs that you can navigate back to from any point using back button or the history.

If you cause this hash change I've described at 2min into the video for example, then navigating back to the hash in history will also resume the video from that point. I use this to skip adds all the time.

BB webkit saves some extra information with these states, it's a shame that hash events became unpopular with the modern web development stacks.
    Attached Thumbnails BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20201216_032721.png   BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20201216_032350.png   BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20201216_032315.png   BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20201216_032221.png  
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 12-18-20 at 01:49 PM.
    12-16-20 05:37 AM
    Where's this app link please?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-20 07:12 AM
    Where's this app link please?

Posted via CB10
    In the first post.
    12-17-20 01:38 PM
    Man, do I love this app.

If Alexey were looking for a new feature to add, I would suggest playback speed control. This can really come in handy. But it's still awesome no matter what.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-21 01:41 AM
    Man, do I love this app.

If Alexey were looking for a new feature to add, I would suggest playback speed control. This can really come in handy. But it's still awesome no matter what.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, I tried implementing that last May but it's not possible. For more details see the post #144 at https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13517347 (summary: BB 10 does not support this feature for .mp4 streams hosted by YT)
    01-02-21 03:22 AM
    No, it wasn't designed for playing local media files. SuperTube was able to do that, but I don't think it works as expected at the moment

Posted via CB10
    I think thats one aspect of seekable media. Have you considered embedding a runtime for dynamic scripting?

On second thought, that might be asking too much. If it doesnt slow the app down it would probably help with balancing network loads.

Happy new year.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 01-02-21 at 11:59 AM.
    01-02-21 11:39 AM
    Hey Alexiey thank you for the app! You know that this... It's a little reason to discard android and still use BB10? You can run background youtube videos like a pro, but I would like to ask you, can be implemented an option to only hear the audio instead of video? I ask that because I use YT to listen many songs and I don't want to consume datas to watch a video. Also the option to see 140p or 240p doesn't always appear. Sorry to bother, and great app! This OS still surprise.
    01-04-21 08:29 PM
    an option to only hear the audio instead of video?
    The app has this feature. While opening video one can use Play Audio only option from the list item's contenxt menu. Or while playing a video go to the quality settings, Audio only will be the last in the list of options. If you your phone has a PKB just use the A key. There is a bunch of issues in this mode, the most critical one is playback being not seekable. That's mainly due to old audio codecs in BB 10.

Also the option to see 140p or 240p doesn't always appear
    No, and that's also due to old codecs: .webm videos are not supported by BB 10, whilst normally the list of qualities for. mp4 videos is quite limited (720p and 360p or 360p only)

Posted via CB10
    01-04-21 10:36 PM
547 ... 1213141516 ...