Is there a possibility we could be able to make our own playlists? (not the favourites/watch later/history)

Posted via CB10
    08-31-20 07:01 AM
    Is there a possibility we could be able to make our own playlists? (not the favourites/watch later/history)

Posted via CB10
    That was a part of my plans but I postponed it until later, wouldn't expect that earlier than in 6 months.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-20 12:06 PM
    Still can't believe we have active development in an OS that was left for dead by its creators like four years ago.

Thank you Alexey

</Passport SQW100-1>
    09-07-20 07:09 PM
    @Alexey I have few questions regarding the downloading.
    When I downloaded a video, it doesn't show its name and only shows the word "videoplayback". It's not worthwhile but still is it possible to get the name instead of it.

Second, the audio gets downloaded in m4a format which you must know cannot be skipped. What to do for that?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-20 10:09 AM
    @Alexey I have few questions regarding the downloading.
    When I downloaded a video, it doesn't show its name and only shows the word "videoplayback". It's not worthwhile but still is it possible to get the name instead of it.

Second, the audio gets downloaded in m4a format which you must know cannot be skipped. What to do for that?

Posted via CB10
    1. The original video's title is in the clipboard, just select Paste from the context menu. This can't be automated
    2. YouTube stores audio tracks in 2 formats: m4a and webm. The former is not seekable, the latter is not supported by BB10. We have to live with that.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-20 12:36 PM
    1. The original video's title is in the clipboard, just select Paste from the context menu. This can't be automated
    2. YouTube stores audio tracks in 2 formats: m4a and webm. The former is not seekable, the latter is not supported by BB10. We have to live with that.

Posted via CB10
    @Alexey I was wondering how some YouTube downloader apps change the format so fast and offer mp3 for audio download.
    Is it possible to convert the audio like those websites do at the request of downloading?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-20 10:12 AM
    Hello, how to install it, thank you

I installed it works great sorry
    Last edited by Marekf; 09-13-20 at 12:27 PM.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-13-20 11:31 AM
    @Alexey the newer versions 1.3.2.4 and 1.3.2.5 don't have 10 second seek.
    Did you remove them already?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-20 12:53 AM
    Regarding mp3 audio: there are tools for conversion from m4a to mp3 but they have to be used by a powerful computer like a server. Mobile devices are not suitable for such a task. I believe those services simply download an audio track and do the conversion in the background.

Regarding 10-sec jump: it still works, but make sure that you aren't playing videos in the Audio Only mode, i.e. the progress bar must be enabled

Posted via CB10
    09-19-20 01:25 AM
    Regarding mp3 audio: there are tools for conversion from m4a to mp3 but they have to be used by a powerful computer like a server. Mobile devices are not suitable for such a task. I believe those services simply download an audio track and do the conversion in the background.

Regarding 10-sec jump: it still works, but make sure that you aren't playing videos in the Audio Only mode, i.e. the progress bar must be enabled

Posted via CB10
    I think smaller files could be converted with an O(1) or O(n) abstract operation and character encoding, but I'm not familiar with the tools and language apis your app was built with.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-20 07:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Okay. It was just extravagant to ask for other mp3 formats. It's best what is current.

I listen audio only sometimes but I remember watching few videos that didn't have 10 second jump. I'll have to check it out again.

The app is working great. Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    09-20-20 10:16 AM
    @Alexey it must be stupid when it sounds but the audio is on mute since yesterday on bbtube.

The day before it as a king for different formats but now the error is way bigger than this.

Do I need to reinstall Bbtube?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-20 05:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just noticed my mistake reading your comment haha. How stupid of me.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 09-24-20 at 03:25 AM.
    09-21-20 06:23 AM
    Can the app notify about any new uploads from the added channels?
    Is it possible to add this notification feature into bbtube?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-20 10:57 PM
    Can the app notify about any new uploads from the added channels?
    Is it possible to add this notification feature into bbtube?

Posted via CB10
    Well it sort of works on the channel list.. just hit the big red "Refresh" button and all your listed channels are showing the new YT videos in the "feed" section... that way you can see what new videos did appear after you checked it out since last time...

If that helps, I don't think a automatic Refresh after every start of the app or a timed refreshing would be in favour because it will cause a heavier load on BBTUBE and your data-use, specially if on limited mobile data contract, may an option if Wifi is detected but why should it be that complicated if you only need to hit the "refresh" button ;-)

 Classic  Passport  OS10.3.3.3216
    09-24-20 05:31 AM
    I guess we have a bit of misunderstanding here. By "notifications" I'm assuming the normal "bell" in the Hub. It can be implemented but that's a whole nother level of complexity, I don't have time for that, sorry.
    otherwise, if BB-nomade got it right then just use the Feed tab after hitting the Refresh button

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-24-20 06:02 AM
    About the notification I requested earlier, I got that idea to check feed beside the channels, it's good enough. However, the length of the videos in the "feed" list is not given. @Alexey if you are free enough to fix it, great then otherwise with a feature requested or major bug fixing that anyone requests anytime sooner or you do yourself, then fix this as well.
    Thanks, the app is great.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-20 05:30 AM
    However, the length of the videos in the "feed" list is not given.
    The feed is based on RSS feeds maintained by YouTube for each channel. Videos' duration is not available from those data. The issue can't be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-20 08:21 AM
    Every time I make a search on bbtube, it says results not found despite of the search suggestion popping up. Why?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-20 08:07 AM
    Every time I make a search on bbtube, it says results not found despite of the search suggestion popping up. Why?

Posted via CB10
    Noticed the very same behaviour today too!
    Search word prediction is Ok as usually but no result..
    May YouTube changed some on their end but I did had this issue before on a non regular basis...

10-22-20 01:38 PM
    The feed is based on RSS feeds maintained by YouTube for each channel. Videos' duration is not available from those data. The issue can't be fixed.

Posted via CB10
    Question :

What protocol are you using to 'get' from youtube? I'd just assume http to udp/tcp.

Can you also fetch the debug info on the videos? Perhaps in parrallel with how you get rss.

The debug infos data is of type 'object', it has a 'len' property which is the video length in seconds.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 10-22-20 at 02:40 PM.
    10-22-20 02:20 PM
    Version 1.3.2.6 is out.
    - Fixed search. @Gordo inc @BB-nomade
    Gentian Salia likes this.
    10-22-20 02:50 PM
    Version 1.3.2.6 is out.
    - Fixed search. @Gordo inc @BB-nomade
    Cool ;-)
    Thanks a lot

10-22-20 02:55 PM
    Question :

What protocol are you using to 'get' from youtube? I'd just assume http to udp/tcp.

Can you also fetch the debug info on the videos? Perhaps in parrallel with how you get rss.

The debug infos data is of type 'object', it has a 'len' property which is the video length in seconds.

Posted via CB10
    I make async requests to https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id={CHANNEL_ID} URLs, e.g. https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos...JkRgWHD7HGBa7Q - returns latest videos for a specific channel
    These data contain only basic information regarding videos.

To get debug info I would have to make async requests for each video which takes ages to complete
    Gentian Salia likes this.
    10-22-20 02:56 PM
    I make async requests to https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id={CHANNEL_ID} URLs, e.g. https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos...JkRgWHD7HGBa7Q - returns latest videos for a specific channel
    These data contain only basic information regarding videos.

To get debug info I would have to make async requests for each video which takes ages to complete
    Yea I was thinking that it would have to iterate like that. Lot of work.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 11-25-20 at 05:36 PM.
    10-22-20 03:09 PM
547 ... 1011121314 ...