How are you making it?
    Just type 'make Youtube'? Or just 'make'?
    It almost looks like you tried 'make Makefile'. If you're using Momentics do you even have to manually deal with Makefiles?

If you have never dealt with Makefiles before this seems like a tough first start to try building this project.

Momentics IDE uses Make, so it runs the commands, I don't know what commands it runs. I'd presume when I press Build, it runs 'make Youtube'. It does seem that behind the scenes, it will also run 'make Makefile', which seems strange. Not sure why or what it is doing there. I've noticed that every time Build is run, it generates one temporary build folder for each architecture, with each own makefile inside, perhaps it was trying to build those?
    Last edited by hoangbv15; 07-16-20 at 06:15 AM.
    07-16-20 03:31 AM
    Hi,
    My background is ASP.NET, so I've always been an IDE-guy, I rarely used any command line tools.
    The good news is that Momentics can do everything without having to know specific make commands. Import the project to your workspace (File - Import), and hit F10 to build the project and Ctrl+F11 to launch or F11 to debug. Under the Console tab you'll see the compiler's output and you'll manage to learn proper make commands to launch the project, the project difinitely contains a make file I believe.

Posted via CB10
    I'm using Momentics too, like I said before, it works for a newly created project from a template, but not for your project that I cloned from git.
    The makefile may be in your local folder, but it is definitely missing on git. Perhaps you have a global ignore that has 'makefile'. in it?

Anyways, I think I have the quickest solution: If you zip the project in a buildable state and send it to me, I will see what is missing and make a pull request to add them to git. Would that be fine with you?

Edit: Just checked the .gitignore in the project, it has Makefile* in it, so the makefile is being ignored.
    Last edited by hoangbv15; 07-16-20 at 06:18 AM.
    07-16-20 03:35 AM
    Edit: Just checked the .gitignore in the project, it has Makefile* in it, so the makefile is being ignored.
    My bad, just pushed missing files to the repository.
    07-16-20 06:35 AM
    My bad, just pushed missing files to the repository.
    Thank you! I will test it out tonight.

Edit: It's all working now, thank you for the help!
    Last edited by hoangbv15; 07-16-20 at 01:05 PM.
    07-16-20 06:36 AM
    Version 1.3.2.2 is out.
    - Fixed app crash on videos with cipher signature, e.g. VEVO music videos and similar
    savaobay likes this.
    07-21-20 08:58 AM
    Last few days I'm having huge problems with BBTube. In most cases "Source unavaliable" or app crashing directly after choosing video to play. Even when choosing videos already played in the past from Favourites or History playlists. Hardly any video can run at all and if so, the app crashes after playing one video only. I thought it can be caused by older version. After upgrading to the last version, still the same result. Reboot of the phone (holding power key until red light) does not help. Anybody else with the same problems? Any suggestions...? Thx.
    07-28-20 04:07 PM
    Anybody else with the same problems? Any suggestions...? Thx.
    I also noticed the same issue yesterday. It's again on videos with cipher signature. They are hard to be identified for regular users, normally it's related to music videos from official channels and other content "protected by law". Google keeps introducing changes into the implementation, 3-rd party apps (non-mature like BBTube) are always behind in this race.
    I'm very limited in tools and time for these few days but I'll try to have a look.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-20 11:30 PM
    Version 1.3.2.3 is out.
    - Fixed app crash on videos with cipher signature, e.g. VEVO music videos and similar
    @MeMeCe let me know if you experience any issues after updating the app
    savaobay likes this.
    07-29-20 03:41 AM
    Version 1.3.2.3 is out.
    @MeMeCe let me know if you experience any issues after updating the app
    Thank you a lot, everything seems OK now (tried 10 videos with 100% success).

I'm a little bit scared about future, if Google makes continuous changes which need BBTube app update...
    07-29-20 05:10 AM
    Thank you a lot, everything seems OK now (tried 10 videos with 100% success).

I'm a little bit scared about future, if Google makes continuous changes which need BBTube app update...
    No worries. I use the app daily and I'll be the most interested user to fix it asap if something breaks again. For now, Google hasn't introduced any really breaking changes, I would say the app wasn't prepared for some edge cases. But it's getting more and more mature, so I hope we'll rarely experience such an issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-20 09:04 AM
    @Alexey: Any progress on the Onedrive-Client?
    07-29-20 09:24 AM
    @Alexey: Any progress on the Onedrive-Client?
    Not yet, but I'm planning to get started from September

Posted via CB10
    07-29-20 09:32 AM
    I'd like to try implement a prototype (at least) of an OneDrive client at some point
    I'm more than a month late but hey, if you need an extra pair of hands I'm here
    Alexey Gurevski likes this.
    07-31-20 08:02 AM
    I noticed that in a Channels video listing that there is no title for the videos. However in the regular Search option, the video title is listed in the results. Will there be any future updates for BBTube where this lack of title can be addressed??

Posted via CB10
    Alexey Gurevski likes this.
    08-16-20 09:03 PM
    Version 1.3.2.4 is out.
    - Fixed missing video titles on the Channel Videos page. @jamesp614
    08-17-20 12:15 AM
    Version 1.3.2.4 is out.
    - Fixed missing video titles on the Channel Videos page. @jamesp614
    Alexey, will you add it to BlackBerry Store?

https://github.com/qnxdev/bbstore

Posted with BlackBerry
    08-19-20 08:59 AM
    Alexey, will you add it to BlackBerry Store?

https://github.com/qnxdev/bbstore

Posted with BlackBerry
    Yeah please... waiting for that to happened all week now ;-)
    BBStore is a very convenient way of downloading BBTube with my BlackBerry device, since that dreadful OneDrive is not accessible without a even worth M$-win10 box this days, please update BBTube to BBStore, many thanks, very much appreciated

Update: yep just checked, the new BBTube 1.3.2.4 is now available on BBStore now, extent thanks ;-)

 Classic  Passport  OS10.3.3.3216
    Last edited by BB-nomade; 08-20-20 at 05:13 AM.
    08-20-20 04:34 AM
    Yeah please...
    I have added both BBTube and Bird 10 latest versions.

Forgot to mention here. Sorry

Bird10 also have a new update with hub integration.

Posted with BlackBerry
    08-20-20 06:06 AM
    Is there a possibility to log in to Youtube account on the BBtube app?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-20 11:56 PM
    Is there a possibility to log in to Youtube account on the BBtube app?

Posted via CB10
    No, and it will never be.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-20 12:53 AM
    No, and it will never be.

Posted via CB10
    That's ok! I am fully enjoying this great app on my Passport.

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-20 01:50 AM
    I found another spot where the titles are missing. It is in the search results. When the results find a channel, after selecting the channel, the list of videos is missing the titles. Loving the updates. Each release makes it more usable. This app is my preferred way to access videos across all the smartphone platforms.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-20 08:54 PM
    Version 1.3.2.5 is out.
    - Fixed missing video titles on the Channel Videos page for some channels. @jamesp614
    Gentian Salia and elfabio80 like this.
    08-28-20 12:50 AM
    Will in-app-downloading ever be available ?

Just a thought, satisfied with current status.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-20 06:55 AM
    Will in-app-downloading ever be available ?

Just a thought, satisfied with current status.

Posted via CB10
    It requires at least 2 things I don't like:
    1. The app should request extra permissions
    2. I should implement a download manager - not the easiest task in programming.

So, I give you 99.9% that the answer is No.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-20 01:41 PM
547 ... 910111213 ...