Would be interesting to compare on today's hardware with a 5G connection... But could be that with that number of subscriptions, it doesn't change much (might be as fast as Google's server can reply?).
    Another bottleneck is Qt/Cascades itself. Afaik the core object for network connectivity has a limit of max 6 parallel requests. It has an inner queue for all requests but it takes no more than 6 at a time. There is a reason beyond this limitation. Some servers consider a large number of simultaneous requests as a potential ddos attack, so this magic number is kind of a safe compromise for both client and server.
    In general, that's an anti-pattern to call a http endpoint for each object in the list. Ideally, there should be a single call and the client should send all parameters in a single request body. But YouTube doesn't have a corresponding "API method" for that.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-18-20 09:38 AM
    Version 1.3.1.1 is out. This version contains one improvement requested by @NaGMeT and few bugfixes.
    - Implemented 'Continue Playing' option. See the context menu of a video. By default, a video is still opened from the very beginning. Also, I've added a progress indicator (red bar) to different lists with videos. The 'Continue Playing' option is available only for videos which have a progress status > 0 and < 100%.
    This feature does NOT affect videos which have been viewed before this release.
    - Fixed an app crash on opening some videos with an "invalid" description in terms of timestamps.
    - Minor bugfixes and improvements.

Important
    It's been relatively quiet here for the last couple of weeks so I'm assuming that the app fits most needs (or BB users are not demanding at all ). I'd like to put active development on pause because I need to switch to another project not related to software development, and, besides that, I'd like to try implement a prototype (at least) of an OneDrive client at some point (like we say in Russian, "my hands are itching to try")
    Looking back, I managed to implement almost everything which I had thought of initially and even a bit more. The only part which is missing is custom (user) playlists and channel playlists. For sure, the app is not even close to NewPipe in terms of the amount of features, but I would say it provides a bare minimum of what any YouTube app should provide.
    I'm not saying that the app is discontinued, I'll keep watching the thread, I'll fix the app if Google introduces any breaking changes into the YouTube implementation (if that's possible of course). And, perhaps, I'll implement minor improvements reported by the Community if they are 1-2 hour work.

I'm still thinking whether to share the code with anyone who would like to fork the project. But I must warn this desperate guy that the project does NOT contain a single line of QML code, everything is written in C++/QT/Cascades. Probably, that's not something you're used to. Anyway, if you're interested then PM me.

Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20200622_200045.png   BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20200622_200057.png  
    06-22-20 12:47 PM
    Important
    It's been relatively quiet here for the last couple of weeks so I'm assuming that the app fits most needs (or BB users are not demanding at all
    Excellent work Alexey! I am just a simple user so this already has WAY more features than I'll ever use. Much appreciated. As far as I was concerned, you could have stopped after the 3rd version, lol.
    06-22-20 12:52 PM
    Thank you so much Alexey. Will contact you in PM
    The app has all features I was waiting for to replace the browser one.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-20 03:29 PM
    Thanks so much for your work Alexey,,,,,,

Posted via CB10
    06-22-20 04:00 PM
    For my part, I am very happy with the app experience and would like to donate some money for your next project if it really is OneDrive.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-20 06:40 PM
    Yep, absolutely outstanding work, thank you very much for all the efforts you have put in to this project.

Well even if it got a bit quiet around here in this thread.. nevertheless I'm sure there are a lot of silent followers still hanging on for any news and enjoying your work in the meantime.

And hey ;-) there hasn't been any complaints from the user point of view, rather a lot of appreciation, so that has to court big time as a community compliment.
    Again thanks a lot.

 Classic /  Passport /  OS10.3.3.3216
    06-23-20 05:38 AM
    Thank you very much for your work. BlackBerry is more exciting because of you. This application has been made very easy to use. If it is technically feasible, I hope to add the option of casting to TV (via the TV code).
    Regarding Onedrive, I look forward to it and hope to integrate it with system file management.
    Also, I wonder if it is very troublesome to develop the BlackBerry proxy application? Hope to develop an application to support SSR/V2ray/Trojan, the VPN that BlackBerry comes with is difficult to use~
    06-23-20 08:46 AM
    I was wondering if there could be an option added to seek few seconds as we do in YouTube application on Android (5, 10 or 15 either fixed or customisable) since it will enhance the user experience, I miss this feature when few channels show their ado and I just have to watch the whole just because I ain't that accurate at manually displacing the seek track.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-20 05:05 AM
    I hope to add the option of casting to TV (via the TV code).
    Good idea! Technically, casting is possible even now, just turn on Miracast over Wi-Fi or use HDMI-mini if your device supports this feature. But that will be a duplicate sharing, i.e. TV will show a full copy of your phone's screen. BB 10 supports more sophisticated sharing: TV can show a media stream, while you can use your phone independently. In theory, that shouldn't be complicated to implement, I'll check.
    hope to integrate it with system file management..
    No, that won't be possible, but I was thinking about implementing an own file system explorer built-in in this new app
    Hope to develop an application to support SSR/V2ray/Trojan, the VPN that BlackBerry comes with is difficult to use
    I have no clue what you're talking about so my own answer would be definitely "No".

I was wondering if there could be an option added to seek few seconds as we do in YouTube application on Android (5, 10 or 15 either fixed or customisable) since it will enhance the user experience, I miss this feature when few channels show their ado and I just have to watch the whole just because I ain't that accurate at manually displacing the seek track.
    Double-tap on the progress slider allows you to move +/- 10% from the current player's position. That's the default behavior of the slider control on BB10. To make a shift more accurate just watch the labels with Passed/Remaining time while holding the slider.
    06-24-20 05:37 AM
    Hi all, I'm facing a volume issue.. not able to hear videos.. can someone help!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-20 10:50 AM
    Hi all, I'm facing a volume issue.. not able to hear videos.. can someone help!!!

Posted via CB10
    I experienced this issue several times few weeks ago, but never since then, and only on Classic and never on Z30, perhaps, just a coincidence.
    Restarting your phone will definitely help. Another tip: run the stock media player, start playing something, then stop. After that, normally, BBTube plays the sound just fine. Hope these steps will help.
    My guess is that this is a system (codec) bug, for some reason the sound card gets locked sometimes, while playing an audio file in the stock player kind of releases it.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-20 12:00 PM
    I experienced this issue several times few weeks ago, but never since then, and only on Classic and never on Z30, perhaps, just a coincidence.
    Restarting your phone will definitely help. Another tip: run the stock media player, start playing something, then stop. After that, normally, BBTube plays the sound just fine. Hope these steps will help.
    My guess is that this is a system (codec) bug, for some reason the sound card gets locked sometimes, while playing an audio file in the stock player kind of releases it.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks will try this

Posted via CB10
    06-29-20 12:24 PM
    What kind of features (as benefits) for BBTUBE could we all expect and receive for later times near future?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-20 10:49 PM
    What kind of features (as benefits) for BBTUBE could we all expect and receive for later times near future?

Posted via CB10
    I described my plans in the post #204. Summary: minor requests from users - probably, big updates - not anytime soon, at least not within the next 6 months. The only exception when I'm going to step in immediately is if Google changes something in the YT implementation that breaks the app. Just to be clear: anything regarding YouTube profile / identity won't be doable. But in general one needs to be more specific while requesting new features or improvements, I'm not going to implement anything just for fun to be more aligned with the official YT app on Android or iOS.
    @huguadao I spent few hours trying to implement TV casting but had no luck, for some reason the behavior of the code contradicts the docs and specs. And I didn't manage to find any code with examples provided by the Community. So I could only recommend to either use Miracast from the Wi-Fi system settings or use an HDMI cable.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-20 11:52 PM
    I spent few hours trying to implement TV casting but had no luck, for some reason the behavior of the code contradicts the docs and specs. And I didn't manage to find any code with examples provided by the Community. So I could only recommend to either use Miracast from the Wi-Fi system settings or use an HDMI cable.
    That's a shame, this may be a limitation at the system level, thank you for trying. Will applications of the same function consider listing on the AppStore? I think BBTUBE on BlackBerry is easier to use than the official youtube app on iPad.
    07-01-20 12:03 AM
    and, besides that, I'd like to try implement a prototype (at least) of an OneDrive client at some point (like we say in Russian, "my hands are itching to try")
    Donated for this eagerly-awaited project! ;-)
    Alexey Gurevski likes this.
    07-01-20 02:38 AM
    I described my plans in the post #204. Summary: minor requests from users - probably, big updates - not anytime soon, at least not within the next 6 months. The only exception when I'm going to step in immediately is if Google changes something in the YT implementation that breaks the app. Just to be clear: anything regarding YouTube profile / identity won't be doable. But in general one needs to be more specific while requesting new features or improvements, I'm not going to implement anything just for fun to be more aligned with the official YT app on Android or iOS.
    @huguadao I spent few hours trying to implement TV casting but had no luck, for some reason the behavior of the code contradicts the docs and specs. And I didn't manage to find any code with examples provided by the Community. So I could only recommend to either use Miracast from the Wi-Fi system settings or use an HDMI cable.

Posted via CB10
    Can you open a webview or canvas from your application?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-20 02:01 AM
    Can you open a webview or canvas from your application?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, a WebView can be easily opened. But why are you asking this?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-20 02:30 AM
    Yes, a WebView can be easily opened. But why are you asking this?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the response, hope my question wasn't a bother.

You mentioned sharing the source and also this problem with screen casting so my question was out of interest, thought maybe the deprecated webkitGetUserMedia and canvas could be used as a context or channel. I'm stil figuring some things out with momentics but I'd hate to lose a chance to see someones work with a client application like yours.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 07-25-20 at 11:07 PM.
    07-03-20 05:42 AM
    I have no problems with the app as it is so far. Haven't hit any bugs yet and I don't really care for functionality associated with accounts or signing in.

It is well used and appreciated!
    A OneDrive integrated app would be nice too and I don't mind paying to support these endeavours
    07-03-20 04:55 PM
    I agree with the factor it being exceptionally excellent. However, I am again going to ask for the "ten seconds skip" ability because I tried with the built in BlackBerry feature for skipping progress track but it's too much, sometimes it seeks upto one and a half minute. So, it would be great to have that option either by tapping the empty screen twice or through an option added in the setting menu or below the progress track/seek.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-20 12:18 AM
    Version 1.3.2.1 is out. Changes:
    - Added two buttons to seek +/- 10 seconds. PKB shortcuts - 'G' and 'J' for backward and forward seeking respectively. @Gordo inc
    - Fixed a bug on 'Continue Playing'. The very first video which one tries to open right after launching the app continued sometimes instead of starting from the beginning.
    Attached Thumbnails BBTube: Introducing a new YouTube client for BB 10.-img_20200705_001741.png  
    07-04-20 04:33 PM
    Awesome. Thanks once again, Alexey. Especially for this 10 second feature.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-20 12:00 AM
    WOW An amazing job!! Thank you so much! ,BB10 is alive and kicking, branding my daily driver BlackBerry 10 Passport SE!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-05-20 11:01 AM
547 ... 7891011 ...