I was just curious if anyone heard when BBM for Windows mobile might be released? They the the 2nd Quarter of 2014 and June is already here and nothing yet??? This is the type of stuff that Blackberry has to improve on is the release dates, you can't keep telling folks "coming soon".
    06-02-14 11:37 AM
    I'm guessing one minute before midnight of July 1st
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    06-02-14 11:51 AM
    I'm guessing one minute before midnight of July 1st
    that's the blackberry way
    06-02-14 01:39 PM
    that's the blackberry way
    They'll release it on July 1st and a few hours later they'll pull it and then wait another few months to release it.... that's the BlackBerry way.

Personally I see no reason to release it if it doesn't work well. They did more harm than good releasing BBM on iOS and Android when it wasn't ready. When one app uses 2 hours of a devices battery life, it isn't ready!
    06-02-14 03:40 PM
    They'll release it on July 1st and a few hours later they'll pull it and then wait another few months to release it.... that's the BlackBerry way.

Personally I see no reason to release it if it doesn't work well. They did more harm than good releasing BBM on iOS and Android when it wasn't ready. When one app uses 2 hours of a devices battery life, it isn't ready!
    Burn the midnight oil, if they must, but BlackBerry must under promise and over deliver.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 11:17 AM
    Saw this on twitter.

BBM For Windows Phone?-img_20140601_205451.png

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    06-03-14 11:38 AM
    I was just curious if anyone heard when BBM for Windows mobile might be released? They the the 2nd Quarter of 2014 and June is already here and nothing yet??? This is the type of stuff that Blackberry has to improve on is the release dates, you can't keep telling folks "coming soon".
    Can I ask where you got your "second quarter of 2014" from? According to this Windows Phone and Nokia X to get BBM in Coming Months | Inside BlackBerry and this BlackBerry announces BBM coming to Windows Phone and Nokia X platforms | CrackBerry.com the only time frame given by BlackBerry for the release of BBM for Windows Phone is "this Summer". Unless there is something else somewhere.
    06-03-14 11:45 AM
    Can I ask where you got your "second quarter of 2014" from? According to this Windows Phone and Nokia X to get BBM in Coming Months | Inside BlackBerry and this BlackBerry announces BBM coming to Windows Phone and Nokia X platforms | CrackBerry.com the only time frame given by BlackBerry for the release of BBM for Windows Phone is "this Summer". Unless there is something else somewhere.
    I was just asking a question and for your information, summer is already here.

Sent from my lovely Q10 on T Mobile USA
    06-03-14 04:01 PM

Nope, sorry the official 1st day of summer in the Northern Hemisphere is: June 21st 2014 at 6:51am EDT.
    tfp likes this.
    06-03-14 04:10 PM

It appears that what BlackBerry really needs is people like you to stop spreading their misinformed opinions as fact and then back peddling when someone calls them on it. And as mentioned, summer starts in and around June 21st so unless you live in some messed up part of the world that doesn't follow the same calendar as the rest of the world does, please tell me how it's already summer?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 12:12 AM
    Maybe the Australian summer? Which is in Dec, or summer in the tropics here which is all year round

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 01:41 AM
    It appears that what BlackBerry really needs is people like you to stop spreading their misinformed opinions as fact and then back peddling when someone calls them on it. And as mentioned, summer starts in and around June 21st so unless you live in some messed up part of the world that doesn't follow the same calendar as the rest of the world does, please tell me how it's already summer?

Posted via CB10
    What is really needed is for you to back off. He made an inquiry and a statement that is reasonably accurate. FYI, Chen has said second quarter:

http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/news/...release-502615

And summer is arriving shortly. In most people's minds, summer is when kids are out of school and the weather gets hot - not when the summer solstice occurs. Both of those things are happening now.

Quit harassing people for making reasonable claims.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-04-14 04:33 AM
    You are confusing what Chen said. He said that it would be available by the end of th 2nd fiscal quarter, which ends September 1st.

A little confusing, but an important distinction.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 04:44 AM
    I hope that the expected new WP version (8.1?) will not contribute to a delay of BBM for WP........integration of BBM in the new notification center has to work flawlessly, as well as integration in the current WP version without notification center. I guess this needs two different programming approaches, which doesn't make it easier...
    06-04-14 04:54 AM

Posted via CB10

Why do we keep having this dispute?

Yes, astronomical seasons start at the solstices and equinoxes.

However, everyone that I know, TV weathermen, news reports, media, etc, etc... uses meteorological seasons aligned with calendar months. June, July & August are Summer months in the Northern hemisphere.

In fact, I've realised the *only* people who use astronomical calendars are BB fans trying to stretch the duration of a season so that BB don't miss yet another deadline.
    06-04-14 04:58 AM
    Looove the hairsplitting! For us, in The Netherlands (which is, perhaps, to quote TFP's comment: "some messed up part of the world that doesn't follow the same calendar as the rest of the world does") there is a distinction between the meteorological summer (the months of June, July and August) and the astronomical summer (June 21 to September 23).

So, if the deadline is 'Summer' for WinphoneBBM, then in the astronomical sense of it, it should be delivered between June 21 and September 23. Even better, if they want to 'over deliver', then June 20th would be killer.

Don't you all love how this bickering is being exactly 0% helpful towards a better BB future?

WinphoneBBM: the sooner the better, but make it good!

Why do we keep having this dispute?

Yes, astronomical seasons start at the solstices and equinoxes.

However, everyone that I know, TV weathermen, news reports, media, etc, etc... uses meteorological seasons aligned with calendar months. June, July & August are Summer months in the Northern hemisphere.

In fact, I've realised the *only* people who use astronomical calendars are BB fans trying to stretch the duration of a season so that BB don't miss yet another deadline.
    06-04-14 05:22 AM
    And by the way: I have only one friend on Winphone; she borrowed my spare Z10 for a while but said she wasn't completely convinced and then I gave that Z10 to my mother in law (56). She absolutely loves it, was up and running the fist evening. And my Winphone friend admits she misses the smoothness of the OS and the blinking LED of the Z10. She actually regrets handing it back to me. Yup!

So, that was also off topic for the most part. Just to state that my vested interest in having WinphoneBBM is to have my friend back on BBM. I myself will not consider Winphone anytime soon: if you make a big thing about having a File Explorer app available now, then I'm not buying. How long have we had that on BBOS and on BB10 it was there on day 1? Come on!
    06-04-14 05:27 AM
    So if something is due during a timeframe, it has to be released at the very beginning of the timeframe? If that was the case, it would be a due date. I don't remember seeing anywhere that it would be released June 1. Second quarter, second fiscal quarter or summer, its all the same, a time frame. I'm not "trying to stretch the duration of a season so that BB don't miss yet another deadline" I'm simply trying to bring facts and common sense to a discussion.

And, regardless of all this back and forth bickering, @BBM tweeted out yesterday that BBM will be coming to Windows Phone by end of summer.
    06-04-14 08:23 AM
    Sounds like their making progress, thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

niss63 likes this.
    06-04-14 08:43 AM