Whatever happened to BBM Music? Will it be available on BB10? I would have thought a Playbook version would have been tested but nothing ever happened. I've heard the line that its because there is no bbm on the Playbook but anyone who has really used it knows that bbm is pretty irrelavent to actually using the service.

Anyway I've enjoyed using the service for over a year now but I guess I will have to cancel my subscription when I score a z10 if I can't use it. Kinda sad.

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using Tapatalk 2
    01-11-13 12:45 PM
    yeah buddy. i pay for 3 BBM music subs and i will miss it if it does not make it on BB10. i so wished for a Playbook app for it.
    01-11-13 12:57 PM
    Same here as well.. Its one of the best ways for me to keep up with new music to listen. Btw, any of you guys on my list? i'm spike12 on there too.
    01-11-13 01:04 PM
    Hope to see BBM Music there as well but its not looking too good =/
    01-11-13 03:08 PM
    Moved to BB10 Apps. I too would like to see BBM Music for BB10. I can't see why they wouldn't do it.
    01-11-13 03:17 PM
    BBM Music has been assimilated in BlackBerry World, previously known as BlackBerry App World. they changed the names because its more then just apps now. it also includes music,movies,TV shows and i do believe access to RIMs accesory store front.
    01-11-13 05:05 PM
    Moved to BB10 Apps. I too would like to see BBM Music for BB10. I can't see why they wouldn't do it.
    i think the provider name is omnifone. They offer service for sony and another company as well. i'm sure they'll have a BB10 version at launch, otherwise they'll lose a few hundred thoudand, maybe millions of subscribers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-11-13 05:36 PM
    Hmmm. I would love it on my playbook. Would be easier for the car and my office. :/
    jonduran86 and FSeverino like this.
    01-11-13 05:46 PM
    i think the provider name is omnifone. They offer service for sony and another company as well. i'm sure they'll have a BB10 version at launch, otherwise they'll lose a few hundred thoudand, maybe millions of subscribers.
    I wonder if the numbers of paying subscribers are even that much, when I used it you used to see so many of your contacts disappear as soon as it came time for them to pay.

Here's hoping that the 3rd party apps end up being fully integrated into bb10 with the hub or bbm.
    01-11-13 07:09 PM
    yeah buddy. i pay for 3 BBM music subs and i will miss it if it does not make it on BB10. i so wished for a Playbook app for it.
    3 subs? Really?

Now, I also pay for BBM Music (mind you, only ONE measly sub). Yes, I actually use it and like it, so I wouldn't mind knowing this myself. I can only assume that this is in the works.
    01-11-13 07:12 PM
    I would be disappointed as well. But as someone else mentioned, i would be surprised if RIM has the service with BB10. I know this is anecdotal, but based on the amount of turnover i have on my BBMM contacts, it doesn't seem like the service is that popular. Also, looking at the BBM Music threads, you can see there is very little activity.
    01-12-13 06:20 PM
    BBM Music is my favourite app! It's the only one I actually pay for. I really hoping it makes it way to BB10 and the PlayBook update...
    01-17-13 10:36 AM
    I hope it gains traction on BB10. I use it all the time at the gym and I thin it's an excellent way to find new music.
    jonduran86 likes this.
    01-18-13 04:01 PM
    now that BB10 is in the hands of a few, can anyone confirm if BBM music is on it or do I have to cancel my subscription before Tuesday?
    01-31-13 07:28 PM
    BBM Music on the PB would be great, but I use it when I workout. My wife uses her crappy little iPod nano and she's stuck with the same songs every time. She has to go into iTunes and screw around searching for music and loading it up. I have an endless supply of music and can switch to whatever category i feel like. If it was ONLY on the PB, then I'd have a bit of a problem keeping it on my shoulder while I run. I NEED BBMM!!!! PLEASEEEEE @BLACKBERRY!! #BB10BELIEVE
    02-01-13 07:48 AM
    No sign of it on bb10 nor any mentions of it by rim so with the addition of music to bbworld as well, I think the only thing in doubt is when it officially gets canned.
    02-01-13 12:43 PM
    I was told by BlackBerry customers service that BBM music ,traffic and travel will not come to bb10.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 06:05 PM
    Which moron told you that....

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 06:15 PM
    I sold my 9900 and forgot to cancel BBM music so I grabbed my work's curve went to app world hit up contact developer. Told them I got a z10 and didn't want to cancel because I didn't want to lose my songs they responded that it is not coming so I asked about travel and traffic they said the same. I am looking for the email it might be on my work computer.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 07:24 PM
    Crap. I switched to my Z10 and no BBm music. if it is not coming, i will cancel. that is too bad. I am sure that BB made some money off of this and it was $60 year ($5 month).

They really should have required a native BB10 version.
    02-23-13 12:55 PM
    I could be wrong but BlackBerry may not wanted it because it has a deal with the content providers in BlackBerry world. I don't like it because they are expensive compared to amazon for movies and most music.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 02:35 PM
    Frankly while some users liked BBM music, it never really caught on with BlackBerry nation. You don't really see anyone talking about it anywhere except in these forums.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 03:08 PM
    Don't understand why it didn't. It was pretty sweet

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 06:06 PM
    The big problem with bbm music is that nobody ever really bothered with it after their free period ran out so as soon as that happened you lost a load of songs from your collection too.

As far as the other two apps you mention, there have already been screenshots of the travel app and when it comes to the traffic app it would not surprise me if any features from that one ended up in bb maps.
    02-24-13 05:33 AM
    I know it's more expensive, but if you're forced into finding an alternative solution I'd really have to suggest Spotify as an alternative, it's the greatest (and it seems that a BB10 Spotify app may well be on the way).
    02-24-13 09:11 AM
27 12