Seriously, worst idea ever.
    All my friends have to phone: an android/iphone and a blackberry
    First phone is for everything, and blackberry is just for BBM
    Think about spending 100s of $ just for this one app.
    And now blackberry is planning to release it on other platforms?
    My friends are already posting and talking about this
    "BlackBerry will release bbm for iphones and androids, lol gonna throw my BB in the garbage soon" that's what basicly all my friends are saying.
    It sure is nice to have all my friends on bbm, and in this way I'm sure bbm will beat whatsapp and Skype, but that means a lot of bb users will replace their bb with an andoid or an Iphone.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 10:57 AM
    You're really short sighted.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 10:59 AM
    I didnt buy my Z10, sim free, just for BBM - only have 9 contacts on it. I bought the Z10 for the full BB experience... OS10. Now we have BBM Channels, soon to be cross platform support. Exciting times ahead
    05-14-13 11:01 AM
    It's an excellent move. Maintain a richer feature set for BlackBerry devices while making it a go-to app on the other platforms.
    05-14-13 11:02 AM
    Seriously, worst idea ever.
    All my friends have to phone: an android/iphone and a blackberry
    First phone is for everything, and blackberry is just for BBM
    Think about spending 100s of $ just for this one app.
    And now blackberry is planning to release it on other platforms?
    My friends are already posting and talking about this
    "BlackBerry will release bbm for iphones and androids, lol gonna throw my BB in the garbage soon" that's what basicly all my friends are saying.
    It sure is nice to have all my friends on bbm, and in this way I'm sure bbm will beat whatsapp and Skype, but that means a lot of bb users will replace their bb with an andoid or an Iphone.

Posted via CB10
    Just posted something similar on another thread. I agree 100%. If there weren't enough reasons to stay with android and iPhone before, BB just added another one. BB has consistently had some of the worst thinking management I have ever seen...it's almost comical at this point.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    newhybridkilla and Fnen90 like this.
    05-14-13 11:03 AM
    what will make a BB unique then?
    Last edited by fbgh1113; 05-14-13 at 11:07 AM. Reason: grammar
    Fnen90 likes this.
    05-14-13 11:06 AM
    they could just release a BBM 'Lite' for android/ios users!
    05-14-13 11:10 AM
    OS 10 makes unique
    europolska00 likes this.
    05-14-13 11:11 AM
    I didn't buy my Z10 for BBM
    I switched from a S3 to BlackBerry and I love OS 10

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:11 AM
    I Don't use BBM as I have not BBM friends, bu if its going cross platform now. I may have my relatives now BBM me.

Yeah there is Skype and Face Flow app and others, but so what BBM is awesome.
    05-14-13 11:16 AM
    what will make a BB unique then?
    I think BlackBerry knows what they're doing. They have a unique os. As mentioned by many people, I don't think people are buying BlackBerrys solely for bbm.
    And as for people like the op's friends, they're probably buying the lower end models, and even so I don't think they're in the majority category.
    BlackBerry10 is very promising, and BlackBerry is putting it all on the table in something they believe in... which I think is a real game changer in the world of mobile communication

Posted via CB10
    europolska00 likes this.
    05-14-13 11:16 AM
    Sure you might say they make bad plans, but surely they didn't decide to do this just on a whim. And honestly speaking, buying a BlackBerry just for BBM is almost an insult. BlackBerry phones weren't meant for executives and the like as a productivity power horse, not just for texting your friends.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:17 AM
    A nice move Imo to slow the progress of what's app. Bbm is much more refined and with channels being beta released today it makes the app that much better.

For once I'm liking them taking a proactive move. Who knows they may even get away with charging for it down the road if it gains traction.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    05-14-13 11:19 AM
    Sure you might say they make bad plans, but surely they didn't decide to do this just on a whim. And honestly speaking, buying a BlackBerry just for BBM is almost an insult. BlackBerry phones weren't meant for executives and the like as a productivity power horse, not just for texting your friends.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't this what got them in to trouble in the first place. Many users in under developed countries ( ie india) buy the phone to solely bbm each other as texting and calling is pricier than a basic data plan.

05-14-13 11:21 AM
    Yeah they have caved to consumer demographic changes I agree. Probably why they announced the Q5

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:23 AM
    Isn't this what got them in to trouble in the first place. Many users in under developed countries ( ie india) buy the phone to solely bbm each other as texting and calling is pricier than a basic data plan.

is this not why imessagecrap was tied to wifi only initially to appease the carrier ATT??? i mean, they loose out on ripping off people with text message fees...
    05-14-13 11:27 AM
    Personally I think BlackBerry can thrive by expanding it and the BlackBerry name. Good idea. I only have a few people on it these days.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:28 AM
    Personally I think BlackBerry can thrive by expanding it and the BlackBerry name. Good idea. I only have a few people on it these days.

Posted via CB10
    and me as well but using it with them makes you realize that whatsapp is whatscrap...
    05-14-13 11:29 AM
    I like the idea.

I especially like the idea of millions of iSheep opening BLACKBERRY Messenger to text their friends after pretending BlackBerry was dead.

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry and dhildreth09 like this.
    05-14-13 11:31 AM
    Do people really buy BlackBerry's just for BBM?! Why not just use whatsapp etc?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 11:31 AM
    Wait I got it. Charge the others for the bbm app more then the BlackBerry phone itself. They will flock to buy BlackBerrys. Lol.

I kind of see where BlackBerry is going with this. Kind of.

Posted via CB10
    tg1 likes this.
    05-14-13 11:32 AM
    LOL @ the people that think that BBM will be the "go-to" message app. Sorry, iMessage, Whatsapp, and hell, even txt message will be far more useful then BBM.
    05-14-13 11:34 AM
    Isn't this what BB fans are asking? Everybody will be now on BBM. Lol! Perfect timing BB, i just switched back to iOS!
    05-14-13 11:34 AM
    Problem is BBM is SO exclusive I only have 2 contacts on there and I don't even know either of the two!

IMO this is a great move, finally some positive buzz. BlackBerry THEN needed BBM to survive, BlackBerry now has TWO great devices and an amazing freshly cooked OS to survive.

Allowing BBM to go cross platform is a classic bait and switch.
    LETS GO FISHING

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    05-14-13 11:37 AM
    Bad idea m the only reason blackberry is the **** is because of the bbm come on guys im a big blackberry fan im so exited about the z10 that will be a major mistake and its like sharing ur hard work to another company M , Im not that Selfish but i hope u guys understand
    05-14-13 11:43 AM
155 123 ...