Looking for bbm alternatives. Bbm was great on bb10, but looking at the android version I think I'll switch. Anyone get telegram to worrk on bb10? Hub? I'm on a Passport.
    08-24-18 12:10 PM
    What are your friends using?

Telegram, Line, WeChat, & Signal I've seen people using those... but Android versions. And some require an older version.

1st Pick one that others use, then search here for info on it.
    08-24-18 12:52 PM
    Looking for bbm alternatives. Bbm was great on bb10, but looking at the android version I think I'll switch. Anyone get telegram to worrk on bb10? Hub? I'm on a Passport.
    SMS/MMS don’t laugh ......
    08-24-18 07:20 PM
    What are your friends using?

Telegram, Line, WeChat, & Signal I've seen people using those... but Android versions. And some require an older version.

1st Pick one that others use, then search here for info on it.
    Pretty much just for my wife and myself. I don't know of a single app that most people use, except facebook messenger, which I won't be using. I pretty much just text everyone else. I downloaded telegram from apkpure today. It demands pretty much every permission possible plus your phone number. But on my wife's Motion I can turn permissions off. I'll give it a go. What I want is the feature of seeing whether or not your message has been received and read by the recipient. I know whatsapp does that, but I'm trying to steer clear of FB products. Thanks for the feedback.
    08-24-18 08:09 PM
    Skype?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-18 08:45 PM
    I am daily using Telegram on B10....you can install any version.... I would not install Telegram X....or you can give it a try. Telegram works pretty well and consumes less battery than WA. Just download any apk version....

Posted via CB10
    08-25-18 07:46 AM
    I am daily using Telegram on B10....you can install any version.... I would not install Telegram X....or you can give it a try. Telegram works pretty well and consumes less battery than WA. Just download any apk version....

Posted via CB10
    Yes telegram work nice on bb10

Love Peace and Share
    hec666 likes this.
    08-25-18 09:45 AM
    KIK.com has a feel like BBM. It was started by Canadians from Waterloo. They got into a tussle with Chen over claims it used patents of BBM and were bannished from BlackBerry. But later settled out of court.
    08-25-18 09:55 AM
    Will try Kik next. Curious if it will work with Hub. I've tried putting Telegram on both the Passport and Motion. Not thrilled. No control over permissions with the android version on bb10. First thing it did was mine my contacts and suggest contacting people. No hub integration and very limited options with notifications. Even on the motion, where permissions can be shut off it nags for access every time you open the app. Will keep looking. I've never used Skype. Didn't know it had mobile IM.
    08-25-18 11:04 AM
    KIK.com has a feel like BBM. It was started by Canadians from Waterloo. They got into a tussle with Chen over claims it used patents of BBM and were bannished from BlackBerry. But later settled out of court.
    KIK and BB lawsuit was before Chen.
    08-25-18 01:37 PM
    Will try Kik next. Curious if it will work with Hub. I've tried putting Telegram on both the Passport and Motion. Not thrilled. No control over permissions with the android version on bb10. First thing it did was mine my contacts and suggest contacting people. No hub integration and very limited options with notifications. Even on the motion, where permissions can be shut off it nags for access every time you open the app. Will keep looking. I've never used Skype. Didn't know it had mobile IM.
    Telegram has a secret chat option that works great!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-18 01:54 PM
    I use Line, Telegram and Viber on a Classic. All work well

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 10:45 AM
    I use Line, Telegram and Viber on a Classic. All work well

Posted via CB10
    With line is video or voice working well ? Because some issues with whatsapps

Love Peace and Share
    08-28-18 11:57 AM
    With line is video or voice working well ? Because some issues with whatsapps

Love Peace and Share
    Have not tried the video, but voice is reliable and clear. Notifications work correctly. File sharing cross platform also works fully.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 12:05 PM
    It's a novelty, but I wonder how many would actually buy one.
    Has anyome mentioned Signal? It's very lean like Telegram.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-18 10:08 PM
  16. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    whatsapp

BlackBerry Passport RED Edition 10.3.3.2049
    09-16-18 08:20 PM
    Use Threema, it is the best. For BlackBerry 10 take the version from the Amazon App Store. Read the "Help" inside the app !
    MorphWVUtuba likes this.
    09-17-18 06:28 AM
    I never heard about the settlement, good to know. Didn't they intern at then RIM with the BBM team?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-18 10:56 PM
    Yeah i'd use Skype. It works pretty much everywhere, even on desktop. On BB10, voice and video calls work to other devices.
    12-31-18 12:08 AM
    nearly everyone is in WhatsApp sadly. few on Telegram (which is a great messenger). just me and wife on BBM.

I want to get off Zuckerberg app such as fb and ig, which work. pretty no usage of filthy social media which has become more of a freak show.

but everyone is on WhatsApp to commute. very sad
    12-31-18 04:06 AM
    Here's my own project, which replaces Android emojis with BBM emoticons.

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12854722
    02-09-19 04:22 PM
    wu-wei has done a wonderful thing here: he has mapped the most frequently used BBM emoji into full versions of Telegram and its sister app, Telegram Plus.

His 2 updates, called respectively TeleBBM and PlusBBM, are each the full version of the stock app, the only difference being the substitution of the BBM emoji over the Android ones.

I'm using PlusBBM on my Classic, and it runs beautifully on a BB10 device. Highly recommended!

Here's my own project, which replaces Android emojis with BBM emoticons.

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12854722

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    02-09-19 05:04 PM