When I attempt to use the Voice Control option on the Verizon BB10 device, i get the following error:

"Unable to connect to the voice control server. Please try again later."

Has anyone else encountered this same behavior?
    02-28-13 03:50 PM
    Silly question - but were you connected to the Internet when you tried to use Voice control? I believe it needs a connection to the web to work.
    02-28-13 04:52 PM
    Sorry to jump in but I'm having the same issue. I'm connected to the internet through my home wifi network and I have 3G as a backup should that fail, but I still get the same error as above. Any thoughts?
    03-07-13 10:11 PM
    I'm also having that issue with my new z10
    03-07-13 11:18 PM
    Same problem on both 4GLTE and wifi. Any suggestions out there?
    03-09-13 08:19 PM
    Really? I just pressed the middle button on the side and asked to search and it worked perfectly. All this while streaming a movie from my Z10 to my TV via DLNA wireless.
    Try a reboot?
    03-09-13 10:17 PM
    Seems to be working now. Still don't understand why I need a data connection if I just want to use it to make a note. If that's the case then the app is inoperable in places like underground parking.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 11:40 PM
    Seems to be working now. Still don't understand why I need a data connection if I just want to use it to make a note. If that's the case then the app is inoperable in places like underground parking.

Posted via CB10
    You need a data connection because nobody has come out with a reliable voice control that would be able to run on a phone. Either your phone's storage would be completely used up before you even buy it or it wouldn't be able to handle the processing. Even if they could make it run on the phone, they would not be collecting all of the information that they do now, and without that information they would be unable to improve their voice control.
    03-10-13 09:09 AM
    Understandable, thanks for your reply. What I wanted/needed to do yesterday was make a quick voice note which I believed I could do through voice command. I realize now that it would convert it to a note which uses external processing via the voice control server which was "unavailable ... try later". Seems that making a simple voice recording is not an option - ended up downlading an app which seems a bit redundant.
    behzadakbari likes this.
    03-10-13 02:51 PM
    Just got my Z10 today and tested out voice control at home and everything worked fine. Tried to voice dial in the car and I kept getting a message that I wasn't connected to wi-fi (which I wasn't)....but why didn't it automatically switch to network? I can't find any setting to overcome this? I can use it on the network, right? Wouldn't make sense if I couldn't use it over network while driving to make a phone call. Any ideas out there?
    03-22-13 07:26 PM
    to eephus1
    Just got my Z10 today and tested out voice control at home and everything worked fine. Tried to voice dial in the car and I kept getting a message that I wasn't connected to wi-fi (which I wasn't)....but why didn't it automatically switch to network? I can't find any setting to overcome this? I can use it on the network, right? Wouldn't make sense if I couldn't use it over network while driving to make a phone call. Any ideas out there?

I had this problem and finally found the solution. You need to go to settings on z10 home screen / select voice control / at top selection is voice recognition mode / tap that line and select voice dialing only / this solved the voice recognition working at all times withjout wifi... the full voice recognition features are now disabled though,,,, good luck
    05-12-13 02:03 PM
    Thanks for the info

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 11:30 AM
    I get "unable to connect to voice control server" on both wifi and data network.
    behzadakbari likes this.
    09-13-13 03:26 PM
    I have a new issue. I use voice control to BBM someone on my contact list. Voice control sent the message correctly but when I look back on my BBM the message wasn't logged. Anyone have this problem?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 12:14 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion...works great!
    11-05-13 06:53 AM
    Thanks...now my Supertooth Voice works like a charm!
    11-05-13 06:55 AM
    and i can't too.always z10 says:unable to connect to the voice control server please try again+self rebooting issu+BB ID problem+no apps downloaded,but i still want this Z10 so much.
    12-19-13 11:43 AM