Ever since I have owned a BlackBerry, I have always been a Score Mobile user, to check scores, standings, and news. Up to this very day, it is still loaded onto my BlackBerry Q10. However, latelyI've realized what was once the world best sports app, has just become a false claim. The app is slow, there has been a spark bug issue that hasn't been resolved in half a year, rare updates, and an overall app experience that is a shade of its former self on BlackBerry 7. I have never been a big app user, all I ask for is Twitter, a banking app and a top notch sports app. The Score neglecting the olympic update for BlackBerry 10 pushed me over the edge, the only reason I stick with the app is for push notifications of breaking news, which is sporadic at best, but works. Ive reached out to the Score to question their lack of effort, specifically in terms of the olympic update and pretty much received an answer which said that they needed to focus their workload on the growing platforms of IOS and Android, however they do still support the BB10 app, though if that is there definition of support, they might want to re check that.

I do apologize for the rant, however it has frustrated me greatly lately to see such a lack of effort from a brand I could count on in the past. My overall question here is what sports apps do you guys use on BB10? I have tried TSN but they don't currently support push notifications. I can also no longer find the Sportsnet app in BlackBerry world, specifically I am looking for something with push notifications of breaking news, any suggestions?
    02-11-14 03:12 PM
    Have you tried the Android version? Often times it works better and is updated more.
    02-11-14 04:43 PM
    Try CBS Sports or Bleacher Report, but yeah Score has some issues although it's still gokd

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-11-14 04:51 PM
    Have you tried the Android version? Often times it works better and is updated more.
    I do this myself...

Now if the android version's alerts came through, I'd be golden.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 06:48 PM
    I do this myself...

Now if the android version's alerts came through, I'd be golden.

Posted via CB10
    The push notifications don't work through this method either? Was going to do this, but looks like a pretty hefty process, want to be sure it works perfect before I do.

On a side note Sportsnet app disappeared in BB world, which is strange, wonder if they pulled their app from the BlackBerry platform.
    02-11-14 07:38 PM
    Try CBS Sports or Bleacher Report, but yeah Score has some issues although it's still gokd

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    +1 on the cbs sports app. It's become my "go to" app for sports.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 07:41 PM
    Just a heads up about Score apk. It runs in the background all of the time. You can kill it with taskmanager but it will come back shortly. I don't know if it drains battery or uses tons of data as I didn't keep it long enough to find out. Just a heads up

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 08:57 PM
    I've tried to get some developers together to build a native sports app (specifically hockey) but cant really get it going.

I use NHL game center and Soccer Ticker. I have theScore just for periodic breaking news notifications.

Posted via ZED10-BEAST
    02-12-14 08:52 AM
    I've tried to get some developers together to build a native sports app (specifically hockey) but cant really get it going.

I use NHL game center and Soccer Ticker. I have theScore just for periodic breaking news notifications.

Posted via ZED10-BEAST
    I've done the same with the Score. Notifications... so frustrating how close they are to a decent app!

What was the hold up with your native sports app?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 08:21 PM
    I've done the same with the Score. Notifications... so frustrating how close they are to a decent app!

What was the hold up with your native sports app?

Posted via CB10
    I have good ideas and such but im looking for someone to do it on their spare time sort of thing. One dev was willing to work on it but wanted to get paid...too much for my liking. if i owned my own company and needed app for it then i would pay.

Posted via ZED10-BEAST
    02-28-14 09:00 AM