Does it still work?
    Does it ever! I'm a user since way back when I had my Pre. I guess the developer has always had a thing for failed platforms…

Some things about it that make it so great (many of which aren't on the stock video player):
    1. It still plays videos when the screen is turned off (which is great for saving battery whilst listening to music or a video where the audio is the important part, such as a presentation).
    2. Ever since Amazon Prime Video stopped working on BB10, I've been torrenting more and more on the go (I used the money that usually went to Amazon and put it towards a truly unlimited mobile plan) using the Android application Flud. One of the nice things about Flud is that it has an option for sequential downloads***, which means that the torrent will download the data in order. Let's say you are downloading a torrent that contains a 120-minute movie, but it has 90 minutes until it finishes. Normally, you have to wait 90 minutes for the torrent to complete and then open the video. Instead, sequential downloading means that (as long as the time left to complete is less than the runtime of the video), you can start the torrent download and start watching instantly. However, on the stock video player, you can't watch videos until they're complete. With KalemSoft, you can. Given that I like to read about movies and then watch them right then and there, the app is worth double its price to me for this feature alone.
    3. File formats. I have never ever ever ever thrown KalemSoft a video (or audio, for that matter) file it can't play. Go ahead, download an obscure video format with obscure encoding and then intentionally give it the file format of another, equally obscure file format. It'll still play like a charm. Don't quote me on this, but I don't even believe that the stock player can play .mkv files, which make up a solid percentage of torrent videos these days as they deliver fantastic quality in a tiny file size.
    4. The stock video player doesn't have the 'stretch' option when it comes to filling the screen with a video. Let's say I'm watching a video that's 16:10. On the stock video player on the 16:9 Z30, either a little bit of that video will be cut off, or it will make it noticeably smaller so that nothing gets cut off. With KalemSoft, you can simply have it stretch the video to the size of the screen. Your brain won't notice that the video is very slightly distorted, but what it *will* notice is that the entire screen is filled, making for a much, much more enjoyable viewing experience.

So yeah, it doesn't just work, it's probably one of the best apps on the entire BB10 platform.

----------------------

***this is super bad torrent etiquette. torrents are designed so that you download the 'rarest' parts of torrents first, so if the people you downloaded them from go offline, you can still give the 'rare' parts to other people. by forcing sequential downloads, you're overriding that setting. don't do this for torrents with very few seeders, since it's awful for torrent health. if it's a popular movie with dozens of seeders though, go right ahead
    07-10-17 06:22 PM
    Neutron Music Player

It's Still the best on any platform.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/128241

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand why people say this. What do you like about it?
    07-10-17 11:11 PM
    It's really good for people with a technical ear for music. Audiophiles I believe. It has a ton of settings to tweak in regards to audio.

I don't find any app on BB10 for music to be better than the stock one. I'm not an audiophile though.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 11:16 PM
    I don't find any app on BB10 for music to be better than the stock one. I'm not an audiophile though.
    We might not have Spotify or Apple Music, but we do have Slacker to play on-demand songs. It's 10 bucks a month and the app hasn't been updated since 2013, but somehow it hasn't broken yet and functions just like it was when it was released. It's a very bare-bones app, but technically, it should be on our list.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 11:24 PM
    It's really good for people with a technical ear for music. Audiophiles I believe. It has a ton of settings to tweak in regards to audio.

Posted via CB10
    same, I love the bb10 music app. Might be the best of any platform. However,
    My recently formed opinion is that the majority of 'audiophiles' suffer from the same illness as those who spend hundreds on gold plated monster hdmi cables. With a comfortable amount of certainty I'd bet that most people couldnt tell the diff between a flac and mp3 @ 320kbps . Of course, there's always exceptions.
    In terms of the app, I felt pretty disappointed after buying it for a few big reasons:
    -interface looks like trash
    -performance seems buggy on every device I used it on
    -didn't play everything I threw at it
    07-10-17 11:29 PM
    We might not have Spotify or Apple Music, but we do have Slacker to play on-demand songs. It's 10 bucks a month and the app hasn't been updated since 2013, but somehow it hasn't broken yet and functions just like it was when it was released. It's a very bare-bones app, but technically, it should be on our list.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried using the spotify android app? It isn't perfect but it definitely works
    07-10-17 11:30 PM
    same, I love the bb10 music app. Might be the best of any platform. However,
    My recently formed opinion is that the majority of 'audiophiles' suffer from the same illness as those who spend hundreds on gold plated monster hdmi cables. With a comfortable amount of certainty I'd bet that most people couldnt tell the diff between a flac and mp3 @ 320kbps . Of course, there's always exceptions.
    In terms of the app, I felt pretty disappointed after buying it for a few big reasons:
    -interface looks like trash
    -performance seems buggy on every device I used it on
    -didn't play everything I threw at it
    You might be right. I can't tell the difference between 320 and anything higher.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 11:33 PM
    Have you tried using the spotify android app? It isn't perfect but it definitely works
    Oh absolutely, thanks for the tip. I just meant for the purposes of this list, Slacker counts but Spotify doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 12:53 AM
    With the right options activated, the sound quality is far better than any other player.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    07-11-17 01:35 AM
    Neutron Music Player

It's Still the best on any platform.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/128241

Posted via CB10
    Yes!!!!!!!! When I owned a Q10 back in 2013/14 I paid for Neutron. When I broke my sprint contract and was unable to unlock it (software enforces carrier restriction), I switched to android and paid for it again but wasn't as happy with it as the BlackBerry version. Recently I got another q10 and was extremely happy to be able to login to my BlackBerry ID and download it again.
    07-11-17 01:39 AM
    Evernote. It's a note taking app that is linked to your Gmail account so you can login on any device and access your notes. I don't know when it was last updated but I do know that it still works. I have been using Evernote on android for a few years and I just logged in on my BlackBerry and all my notes showed up.
    07-11-17 01:54 AM
    Rad.io the best radio native ap on bb10.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 03:03 AM
    I can't find Slacker on BlackBerry World, Evernote's support has been discontinued and Rad.io is a nice free alternative still I prefer Star Player.
    07-11-17 06:43 AM
    Retrowave, Translate and Extend have been updated today.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 12:51 PM
    I can't find Slacker on BlackBerry World, Evernote's support has been discontinued and Rad.io is a nice free alternative still I prefer Star Player.
    The topic of the thread is apps that are updated and supported OR that still work. Evernote still works so it's fair to include in the list.
    07-11-17 12:57 PM
    Retrowave, Translate and Extend have been updated today.

Posted via CB10
    Most on the list, please read before posting.

Via Pasta CB10
    lolo9269 likes this.
    07-11-17 12:59 PM
    The topic of the thread is apps that are updated and supported OR that still work. Evernote still works so it's fair to include in the list.
    Still, I'd say.

Via Pasta CB10
    07-11-17 01:00 PM
    Since you didn't start this thread and you're not a mod, I think it's fair to say you don't control the criteria.
    07-11-17 01:02 PM
    Since you didn't start this thread and you're not a mod, I think it's fair to say you don't control the criteria.
    Which I didn't state lol ^^

Via Pasta CB10
    07-11-17 01:13 PM
    OK so then Evernote should be on the list. End of discussion.
    07-11-17 01:15 PM
    OK so then Evernote should be on the list. End of discussion.
    Maybe, maybe not

Via Pasta CB10
    07-11-17 01:53 PM
    Nope not your decision sorry buddy good day I'm not arguing with you anymore.
    07-11-17 01:54 PM
    That's how easy it is to end up on my ignore list. Bye.
    07-11-17 01:55 PM
    Evernote. It's a note taking app that is linked to your Gmail account so you can login on any device and access your notes. I don't know when it was last updated but I do know that it still works. I have been using Evernote on android for a few years and I just logged in on my BlackBerry and all my notes showed up.
    Evernote has been removed recently from BlackBerry World so I'm not sure it counts.

Edit: oh, I now see that this discussion has already happened is already over, never mind then

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    07-11-17 03:53 PM
    Most on the list, please read before posting.

Via Pasta CB10
    Supermegahugeendless sorry!!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 04:48 PM
1,136 ... 45678 ...