Playcloud 10 seems to still be able to access Box. Is anyone aware of a way to get the full version? The trial version currently in BBW doesn't allow to download files, and it looks like the developer didn't incorporate ways to purchase the full version after the changes back in April.
    11-15-18 01:33 PM
    Playcloud 10 seems to still be able to access Box. Is anyone aware of a way to get the full version? The trial version currently in BBW doesn't allow to download files, and it looks like the developer didn't incorporate ways to purchase the full version after the changes back in April.
    Other than directly contacting (emailing) the dev, sorry no other way.
    11-15-18 01:36 PM
    If you can contact the developer to buy, PlayCloud 10 continues to work well. I purchased the app several years back and continue to use it on my Q10 to access cloud servers (e.g. G-drive).
    Personally, I do not use Box and so can't comment on whether it works for that specific service.
    11-16-18 06:57 AM
    I need memopad that can open quickly as possible.
    And can be written immediately after open.Having one cushion to write is no good.
    And not too small letter size,and can grant to after filename '.txt' automatically.
    And be able to set as dark background.
    What app on BBW should I download?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-18 12:08 PM
    Other than directly contacting (emailing) the dev, sorry no other way.
    Thank you, I tried that. However there seems to be no activity in the dev webpage since at least 2016. I'm not very hopeful.
    11-16-18 01:11 PM
    And can be written immediately after open.Having one cushion to write is no good.
    And not too small letter size,and can grant to after filename '.txt' automatically.

Posted via CB10
    Helium seems to fit your needs. Quick to open, dark background, and you can type right away. It's not the lightest one, though, so I don't know if it would be fast in devices much slower than the Passport.
    11-16-18 01:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do you have a Blackberry with a physical keyboard? If so, would the built in ability to open a new note (long press the D key) or new task (long press the T key). This doesn't help with the requirement to save the file as txt or have a dark background, though.

Could Docu Shortcut or ShortcutMe help? http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59966903

I was thinking you could save a blank .doc using the built in Docs To Go app and use Docu Shortcut or ShortcutMe to have a link to it on your home screen that you can access immediately and start editing. You'd then be able to use 'save as' to save your new file.

(for the above, it is interesting to know that Docs To Go seems to save new documents as doc files and doesn't give the option to save as txt. Weirdly, it will happily open txt files).

Or, what about the app TxtEdit? http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20061898
    It isn't dark themed though. I thought you could program your shortcut keys (if you have a physical keyboard device) to make quick access easy?

Or some mixture of the above few apps to help achieve what you want?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-18 01:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh, and this editor looks like it has a dark theme also: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59997017

Or this http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59966045

I've enjoyed searching through BB World tonight and discovering a few apps! I forgot how good HugSoft stuff was.

Hope this can be of use to you

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jamescarruthers; 11-16-18 at 01:35 PM.
    11-16-18 01:24 PM
    Thank you very much for iled and james.

I'm using classic.
    At the first,pre-installed Remainder and Docs are not quickly to open.They require some seconds for be able to write.And of course,they can't save '.txt' file.I don't use they for simple memo ,but for some of another purposes.

I tried Helium. It's so quickly and dark,but seems don't support automatically adding '.txt' to last of filename.
    I not do cording,so I don't need 'c' or 'xml' etc. Just need 'txt'.

TxtEdit and Editor.
    They are not quickly to open. First screen still view for long seconds.They are not suitable to my purpose.

aEDIT is better than others here.Supporting automatically save with adding 'txt'.And quickly and dark.That's great,but I desire more,to be able to change view size. It's a little bit too small for me.

I want something like as default pre-installed MemoPad of Windows7.On BBW,I haven't ever found like this thing.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-18 07:56 PM
    Very strange!

Why would it not be able to find a street address any more, just like out of the blue?

As far I'm aware, this is an app that can be used purely offline. And it's not as if there have been any updates to the app which could potentially cause a bug.
    It's not out of the blue, and it's not really the fault of NavFree, or OsmAnd, or any of the mapping apps based on Open Street Maps. The problem is that physical building location data is very sparse in OSM. Unlike the proprietary maps used by paid apps, most streets only have every tenth or twentieth building location. Paid apps based on OSM like Apple Maps have to interpolate where a missing address is after checking a proprietary list of valid addresses. OsmAnd is far superior to NavFree IMHO, but it has exactly the same problem searching for addresses offline. That why they have to ask Google for the coordinates of most addresses before they can plot a route for you.
    11-17-18 09:13 PM
    it's not really the fault of NavFree, or OsmAnd, or any of the mapping apps based on Open Street Maps. The problem is that physical building location data is very sparse in OSM. Unlike the proprietary maps used by paid apps, most streets only have every tenth or twentieth building location. Paid apps based on OSM like Apple Maps have to interpolate where a missing address is after checking a proprietary list of valid addresses. OsmAnd is far superior to NavFree IMHO, but it has exactly the same problem searching for addresses offline. That why they have to ask Google for the coordinates of most addresses before they can plot a route for you.
    Shame.

There is one exception - Nokia Maps (on Symbian). It's totally free and believe it or not, it's STILL the only gps app that fulfils all the following requirements:

a) Purely offline maps
    b) Great internal search
    c) Ability to save maps on SD card
    d) Turn-by-turn voice navigation

A decade on, and I've yet to see a mapping app (whether free or paid) that comes close to it.
    11-25-18 07:27 AM
    There is one exception - Nokia Maps (on Symbian). ....
    A decade on, and I've yet to see a mapping app (whether free or paid) that comes close to it.

Nokia maps was rebadged as HERE WeGo maps, it continues to work well on Android (and possibly other platforms) with most if not all of the features you outline.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....here.app.maps
    11-27-18 07:44 AM
    Yep, I'm aware of that thanks, but alas it pales compared to the original Nokia maps on Symbian.
    11-30-18 11:35 AM
    I think I tried and failed with this idea.

NavFree was *THE* best native navigation app but combining out of date maps and non-working Google search means it is just pretty and useless now. So sad!

Posted via CB10
    Why not use Navitel? Turn-by-turn directions still work like a charm.

BB10: List of native bb10 apps still supported or that still work great & useful!-lqojgxx.png
    12-02-18 04:18 PM
    Why not use Navitel? Turn-by-turn directions still work like a charm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lQOJgXx.png 
Views:	558 
Size:	392.8 KB 
ID:	441593
    Because it doesn't work and is in Russian!?

Thanks for the recommendation though. Maybe it works for you because you downloaded it/activated it when it was still current

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jamescarruthers; 12-02-18 at 04:57 PM.
    12-02-18 04:23 PM

Thanks for the recommendation though. Maybe it works for you because you downloaded it/activated it when it was still current

Posted via CB10
    I have it set in English. Not sure what you mean by current though

Posted via CB10
    12-02-18 07:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Also if you think that's Cyrillic script in the screenshot I think you have bigger problems to worry about

Posted via CB10
    12-07-18 01:18 PM
    Also if you think that's Cyrillic script in the screenshot I think you have bigger problems to worry about

Posted via CB10
    Haha, no the version I downloaded was full on Russian (or similar looking to me anyway) and I couldn't work out how to change the language. Admittedly I did give up pretty quickly!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-18 10:34 AM
    Haha, no the version I downloaded was full on Russian (or similar looking to me anyway) and I couldn't work out how to change the language. Admittedly I did give up pretty quickly!

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure if it's still supported but if it is, it might be worth contacting the dev for help if it's worth it to you to have a functional native GPS app

Posted via CB10
    12-15-18 12:52 PM
    I'm not sure if it's still supported but if it is, it might be worth contacting the dev for help if it's worth it to you to have a functional native GPS app

Posted via CB10
    With your reminder, I downloaded again this morning. I managed to change the language to English. It was just a drop down box which I missed first time around! I can't use the app as my trial time probably started when I first tried the app.

I'll have a think about paying the 13 EUR to buy the UK maps but there's no point doing this immediately as I'm working away in a non-supported country for the month.

Does it search POI's alright or do you need to enter an address which you find elsewhere? E.G. Can I search a restaurant name or business name? Also, are the maps current?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-15-18 11:07 PM
    With your reminder, I downloaded again this morning. I managed to change the language to English. It was just a drop down box which I missed first time around! I can't use the app as my trial time probably started when I first tried the app.

I'll have a think about paying the 13 EUR to buy the UK maps but there's no point doing this immediately as I'm working away in a non-supported country for the month.

Does it search POI's alright or do you need to enter an address which you find elsewhere? E.G. Can I search a restaurant name or business name? Also, are the maps current?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    That makes more sense about the drop-down menu -- I vaguely recall having to figure out the same process years ago when I first downloaded it.

POIs work flawlessly. It's sort of like Google Maps in that you don't have to be 100% accurate with the name of the POI or address, it's pretty good at figuring out what you're trying to tell it. Streets where I live have two official names in the two official languages, and it recognises both.

I'm not really sure how often streets really change in my city that much these days, but I've never had any trouble with it not knowing the street I was telling it, or taking me on some road that no longer exists. Hope that answers your question re: updatedness.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-18 04:53 PM

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    I'd be interested to hear your experiences with the app once you use it!

Posted via CB10
    01-08-19 06:22 PM
    Connect to OneDrive isn't working anymore?

Posted using a BlackBerry Passport
    01-09-19 07:03 AM
    Connect to OneDrive isn't working anymore?

Get X-Plore file browser (APK) from the Google Play Store through Yalp store. You can sign in through this app and access all your cloud services.
    01-09-19 07:20 AM
    Get X-Plore file browser (APK) from the Google Play Store through Yalp store. You can sign in through this app and access all your cloud services.
    Thanks for the tip, I installed the app and connected to OneDrive but then I got an error message displayed underneath the OneDrive saying; "HTTP error. This API is no longer supported."

I don't think BlackBerry will update the Connect to OneDrive app to work with the newer API. But chances are X-plore File Manager might update theirs.

01-09-19 09:11 AM
1,136 ... 4142434445 ...