Damn! Unavailable for this device (Passport).
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/901

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried the Nobex app in BBW?
    01-11-18 10:56 AM
    Have you tried the Nobex app in BBW?
    Isn't Nobex just podcasts? He wants a full-featured on-demand music catalogue, like Spotify and Tidal.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-18 12:56 PM
    Isn't Nobex just podcasts? He wants a full-featured on-demand music catalogue, like Spotify and Tidal.

Posted via CB10
    Ahh- sorry my bad-- Nobex is a really nice radio streaming app (an podcasts).
    01-11-18 12:58 PM
    Ahh- sorry my bad-- Nobex is a really nice radio streaming app (an podcasts).
    Hi guys. I did use Nobex until recently until there seemed to be more adverts. It's a good app and I would have been happy to pay for the ad-free version-- but they've stopped offering that. So, I Switched to another native app called "rad.io".

I think Slacker is my only native 'on demand' option. I'll play with sim cards then credit cards and see what I can achieve.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-11-18 04:11 PM
    Hi guys. I did use Nobex until recently until there seemed to be more adverts. It's a good app and I would have been happy to pay for the ad-free version-- but they've stopped offering that. So, I Switched to another native app called "rad.io".

I think Slacker is my only native 'on demand' option. I'll play with sim cards then credit cards and see what I can achieve.

Posted via CB10
    If you like podcasts, bPOd is native and the absolute ****.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    01-11-18 06:04 PM
    Lastapp was recently updated.
    01-12-18 11:17 AM
    Lastapp was recently updated.
    I update list

Love Peace and Share
    01-15-18 10:21 AM
    Try Slacker radio. It's preinstalled on all BB10 devices, is native, and is comparable to Deezer.

Posted via CB10
    Never saw that app on my Passport, my mum's Z30, my mum's Passport or my dad's Z10. So it's not pre-installed on all BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    01-15-18 05:16 PM
    Never saw that app on my Passport, my mum's Z30, my mum's Passport or my dad's Z10. So it's not pre-installed on all BB10 devices.

Think we've worked out it was USA only. Shame, I've only just learnt about it as it sounds good!

Posted via CB10
    01-16-18 04:23 AM
    Good news regarding Genius Maps: I enquired with their support about the age of the free map and updates. The reply shows that by purchasing Pro Guidance that you get newer maps and that they continue to support our platform.

From Genius Maps:
    "When you purchase Pro Guidance in Genius maps you have software and map update.
    We usually release 4 times a year map update.
    When you first install Genius maps then the map was from September 2016 and you cannot get any update unless you purchase Pro Guidance.

Latest maps in Genius maps are from September 2017 and we are planning to release new update by the end of January."

Posted via CB10
    01-16-18 04:29 AM
    Good news regarding Genius Maps: I enquired with their support about the age of the free map and updates. The reply shows that by purchasing Pro Guidance that you get newer maps and that they continue to support our platform.

From Genius Maps:
    "When you purchase Pro Guidance in Genius maps you have software and map update.
    We usually release 4 times a year map update.
    When you first install Genius maps then the map was from September 2016 and you cannot get any update unless you purchase Pro Guidance.

Latest maps in Genius maps are from September 2017 and we are planning to release new update by the end of January."

Posted via CB10
    You get map updates until Mireo decide the product is EOL, the lifetime updates that came with their last product Don't Panic lasted about two years.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-18 07:24 AM
    You get map updates until Mireo decide the product is EOL, the lifetime updates that came with their last product Don't Panic lasted about two years.

Posted via CB10
    Can confirm. "Lifetime" is the life of the product, not yours. (Even officially I'm pretty sure they're open about this if you ask.)

Posted via CB10
    01-17-18 01:05 AM
    [QUOTE=Vistaus;13117378]Never saw that app on my Passport, my mum's Z30, my mum's Passport or my dad's Z10. So it's not pre-installed on all BB10 devices.

News to me!
    01-17-18 01:07 AM
    Think we've worked out it was USA only. Shame, I've only just learnt about it as it sounds good!

Posted via CB10
    Did you try asking them for the .bar?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-18 12:43 AM
    I wish the guy who makes Annapurna browser would come back to BB10. David has some amazing apps but have not seen him active although his apps remian potent IMO..

Posted via CB10
    Hi DreadPirateRegan,

most apps from David Jones II have been rated 4.5 indeed .. Did you try to contact him ? Maybe we can ask to open source some apps and take over the dev ?

Personnally I'm trying to port my first application to BB10, and looking for a tiny application to start with ..
    01-18-18 03:47 AM
    Did you try asking them for the .bar?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, they wouldn't give it. Their reply was:

"The app is no longer available to the Blackberry OS, you would have to download it through the Amazon app if you have Android on the Blackberry."

Posted via CB10
    01-18-18 04:32 AM
    All I want is a native Twitter app with a native look-and-feel that supports 280 characters. Twittly doesn't feel native, Blaq doesn't either and has a weird interface...

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    01-18-18 04:46 PM
    All I want is a native Twitter app with a native look-and-feel that supports 280 characters. Twittly doesn't feel native, Blaq doesn't either and has a weird interface...

I opened Blaq the other day and it said 280 characters but I did not put it to the test
    01-18-18 04:57 PM
    I opened Blaq the other day and it said 280 characters but I did not put it to the test
    *facepalm*

Re-read my post.

01-18-18 05:00 PM
    *facepalm*

Re-read my post.

OopsY! I miss read
    01-18-18 05:06 PM
    OopsY! I miss read
    Come on Passporter. Didn't we cover some things in your annual review?? Happy New Years anyway.. LOL
    01-18-18 05:33 PM

I agree that Twittly doesn't feel native (NONE of Nemory's apps do, I can't believe people buy that poorly-designed, ugly, unintuitive cråp), but Blaq feels native to me. I agree totally that the UI/UX is very unique, but once you get used to it, it's MUCH more enjoyable than at first.

Is there any chance that Twitter will update the official app? Surely it can't be THAT difficult to make the change to 280.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-18 07:53 PM
    Yes, they wouldn't give it. Their reply was:

"The app is no longer available to the Blackberry OS, you would have to download it through the Amazon app if you have Android on the Blackberry."

Posted via CB10
    Ugh, how frustrating. Let me call them and explain the situation tomorrow and see if I can't get them to send it to me. It's not like they're drowning in cash these days. It'd only take a few minutes to send the file, we're not even asking them to support the OS or the app.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-18 08:05 PM
    ...Is there any chance that Twitter will update the official app? Surely it can't be THAT difficult to make the change to 280.
    It is a matter of 30 mins. With a coffee break.
    But they just give a damn.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus and Kraeutermann like this.
    01-19-18 01:44 AM
    I agree that Twittly doesn't feel native (NONE of Nemory's apps do, I can't believe people buy that poorly-designed, ugly, unintuitive cråp), but Blaq feels native to me. I agree totally that the UI/UX is very unique, but once you get used to it, it's MUCH more enjoyable than at first.

Is there any chance that Twitter will update the official app? Surely it can't be THAT difficult to make the change to 280.

Posted via CB10
    I tried to get used to Blaq multiple times in the past 13 months or so but I just can't get used to it. It feels a bit more native than Twittly, I'll give it that, but true native means it makes more uses of Cascades, like, in this case, the official Twitter app.

Regarding the official Twitter app: one can only hope...
    01-19-18 03:29 AM
1,136 ... 2829303132 ...