Starplayer have receive update today. List have been update

Thanks to developper still support bb10 users

Love Peace and share {channel C004E5406}
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    11-14-17 02:45 AM
    Chess-wise for those lovers of games has been updated too.

BlackBerry Passport SE from Prague, Czech Republic, OS 10.3.2.2836
    11-15-17 03:51 PM
    Love FF as an entity but to attached to Q Browser Pro for native and YuBrowser for anything it can't do, Yubrowser does and with lightning speed. I may however give mozilla (I use firefox for everything on my windows since opera swapped to Blink) a try since you mention this new feature. Thanks. I agree supertube is spectacular with an even more spectacular dev but for a basic youtube with some very enhanced features like picture in picture to watch youtube whilst one another .apk beings NewPipe doesn't use any background resources if not launched - imo NewPipe it great for this purpose. Again, thanks for the tip! -DPR

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    I do find Yubrowser to be much faster that the Firefox Quantum but I just can't seem to keep it shut down. Using Taskmanager I always see it running or doing something in the background. Do you or anyone know how to make sure it stays down until I decide to open it? It's not a huge deal but if there is a trick I would like to try and see.
    11-18-17 10:44 AM
    I do find Yubrowser to be much faster that the Firefox Quantum but I just can't seem to keep it shut down. Using Taskmanager I always see it running or doing something in the background. Do you or anyone know how to make sure it stays down until I decide to open it? It's not a huge deal but if there is a trick I would like to try and see.
    First, do you use cobalts apps as in play services, etc or do you go as native as possible? I agree, YuBrowser is bad a$S! Super fast and no issues on my end. Worth its weight over that one possible con you mention as in "at least seeming" to not be shutting down although I may have an answer and if not...

I know there is a way to edit .apks to remove them from ever running in background. Some are easier then others..

I think what @conite said is obviously true to at least some degree as he posted proof, well.. blackberry proof. Hehe.

Anyway, maybe we add extra hooks, etc when we have play services and all installed which they as in BlackBerry doesn't account for which may keep some stuff working in the background. With that said, this is a good thing (if even true) as again:

"thank God for Cobalts reverse engineering of those much needed apps"... I would be screwed without him! .....

....But, maybe this creates an exception?..

Far worth it in my opinion if it does,
    however maybe it does indeed create one?

YuBrowser doesn't bother me in the background with battery life. I notice no diff with it installed or not and with task manager or not however with that said I can't say the same for a few other apps. Just a few here and there though..

Some people code like a Cobalt, I mean like a "GOD" (same difference) and others do not, it's how it is I suppose but yeah, curious if you run them or not?...

BTW: where did you get your YuBrowser, straight from the PLAYStore on your phone, updated? Now I am looking I don't see it running but I can check. Maybe you are being overly cautious as I once was and still am sometimes with my O.C.D., he'll, I am diagnosed so not being rude just also another possibility? I will help you check though...

Can you post a screen-shot of the energy percentage wise that YuBrowser USED after 48 hours of being installed but not opened AT ALL except after install of course once? Use a different browser for the rest of that time?..

11-18-17 01:41 PM
    Let me also give you a tip for dealing with Conite (since u seem like myself in ways) as Conite has been a tremendous help to me and others but I had to learn that he is short and to the point and usually correct. Read between the lines..

With him, he says they don't run and provides proof..

However your main situation is "do they consume energy " skip if they run or not.. do they consume energy ask him, as you surely have proof of that...

However this is just an example as ..

I think that is what he was trying to explain in his last posts as to how they can consume energy yet not truly be running.

11-18-17 01:51 PM
    First, do you use cobalts apps as in play services, etc or do you go as native as possible? I agree, YuBrowser is bad a$S! Super fast and no issues on my end. Worth its weight over that one possible con you mention as in "at least seeming" to not be shutting down although I may have an answer and if not...

I know there is a way to edit .apks to remove them from ever running in background. Some are easier then others..

I think what @conite said is obviously true to at least some degree as he posted proof, well.. blackberry proof. Hehe.

Anyway, maybe we add extra hooks, etc when we have play services and all installed which they as in BlackBerry doesn't account for which may keep some stuff working in the background. With that said, this is a good thing (if even true) as again:

"thank God for Cobalts reverse engineering of those much needed apps"... I would be screwed without him! .....

....But, maybe this creates an exception?..

Far worth it in my opinion if it does,
    however maybe it does indeed create one?

YuBrowser doesn't bother me in the background with battery life. I notice no diff with it installed or not and with task manager or not however with that said I can't say the same for a few other apps. Just a few here and there though..

Some people code like a Cobalt, I mean like a "GOD" (same difference) and others do not, it's how it is I suppose but yeah, curious if you run them or not?...

BTW: where did you get your YuBrowser, straight from the PLAYStore on your phone, updated? Now I am looking I don't see it running but I can check. Maybe you are being overly cautious as I once was and still am sometimes with my O.C.D., he'll, I am diagnosed so not being rude just also another possibility? I will help you check though...

Can you post a screen-shot of the energy percentage wise that YuBrowser USED after 48 hours of being installed but not opened AT ALL except after install of course once? Use a different browser for the rest of that time?..

I don't use cobalt fix or patches anymore everything I get is from the Google Play store except one or two. It is not just the battery that concerns me as I described the issue I have with these hooks or requests that occur causing a media player to stop randomly requiring me to open the active frames and press play again. This hasn't happened lately but I have becomes more diligent in keeping the house clean.

I will post a screen shot at a later time for I do not have my Passport with me today. Again battery usage is only 50% of my concern. CPU or Memory usage is the other 50%

Let me also give you a tip for dealing with Conite (since u seem like myself in ways) as Conite has been a tremendous help to me and others but I had to learn that he is short and to the point and usually correct. Read between the lines..

With him, he says they don't run and provides proof..

However your main situation is "do they consume energy " skip if they run or not.. do they consume energy ask him, as you surely have proof of that...

However this is just an example as ..

I think that is what he was trying to explain in his last posts as to how they can consume energy yet not truly be running.

I still disagree with what Conite says and I am no one to know much about code but I know what I'm seeing and there is a link to what I've described. Conite is unable to explain it only offering a quote from Blackberry's blog so I am not content with his answer but do respect him and value his Assistance.

I also thank you for your help and all that you do here, you are a huge help to the BB10 Community
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 11-18-17 at 03:13 PM.
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-18-17 02:22 PM
    This sounds very enticing to me.
    11-18-17 07:42 PM
    Which phone do you retrieve them from via Google Play Store as you don't use any of Cobalts fix so hoping it an ARM?

11-19-17 10:54 AM
    I don't use cobalt fix or patches anymore everything I get is from the Google Play store except one or two. It is not just the battery that concerns me as I described the issue I have with these hooks or requests that occur causing a media player to stop randomly requiring me to open the active frames and press play again. This hasn't happened lately but I have becomes more diligent in keeping the house clean.

I will post a screen shot at a later time for I do not have my Passport with me today. Again battery usage is only 50% of my concern. CPU or Memory usage is the other 50%

I still disagree with what Conite says and I am no one to know much about code but I know what I'm seeing and there is a link to what I've described. Conite is unable to explain it only offering a quote from Blackberry's blog so I am not content with his answer but do respect him and value his Assistance.

I also thank you for your help and all that you do here, you are a huge help to the BB10 Community
    Thank you and TBH, mostly everything I learned came from Conite. He took allot of time grooming me and I still have a ways to go.. thank you. Heck, I say anybody rocking a BB10 is an auto asset to this community!

11-19-17 10:56 AM
    Also, I'd just want to share this with you. Over at reddit they always release a version of Showbox minus ad's and no backround running as its an android app. I know it Def has zero trigger for background running as reddit users are fairly savoy especially in that thread. This guy's been doing this for us for years with "Showbox in Motion" and it still shows to be running in the background however it can't be as thousands of Droid users say his method works as he removed ad's (check!) and removed backround running services within Showbox (seem to be check but shows in device manager) however at the same time, not all my Droid apps do.. hmm. So I totally do get what Conite is saying with the triggers. If he said it wasn't using energy which he didn't as far as I saw then I would disagree. It's Def using some resources even if very little and I'm with you as in even a little add's up to allot when one has allot which basically is repeating conite speaking to me years ago!..

The trigger within dalvik sounds like it but why for some and not for others and does having play services for some add more hooks. I bet so and glad it does as we have that option. Again, I wouldn't be able to run my Passport without Cobalt!

....or it be TOUGH!

Go Philadelphia Eagles today, 9/1 baby! Superbowl bound! Bye Bye, Cowgirls! #TheGangGreen #TheSilverLining is here....

Wait, this isn't the football section?

11-19-17 11:21 AM
    It's a controversial topic here but if you want to stop triggers/processes/services/however you define it the best way to do it is to close the app through device monitor or to use an app like Greenify.
    11-19-17 12:39 PM
    It's a controversial topic here but if you want to stop triggers/processes/services/however you define it the best way to do it is to close the app through device monitor or to use an app like Greenify.
    Yeah I had Greenify and it's a good app but android but I wouldn't even use it on an android anymore. I am more of a device manager guy as you say or just let them be and only keep what I need. It took me awhile to get to this point as @conite kept drilling it into my head but again, in the end, it's the most sensible to me, personally..

Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 11-20-17 at 01:26 AM.
    11-19-17 05:36 PM
    Instagram stories is available in mobile Web version

11-20-17 12:02 PM

Way to go nemory, I mean facebook!

I can see it now, hey guys memory added stories into our Web wrapper without an update. He's a magician! HaHaHaHa...

11-20-17 01:14 PM
    Thank you and TBH, mostly everything I learned came from Conite. He took allot of time grooming me and I still have a ways to go.. thank you. Heck, I say anybody rocking a BB10 is an auto asset to this community!

Hey brother I need another favor or if anyone else knows the answer. Ive been using Folder Player on my Oneplus 3T and have become accustomed to selecting any song from any folder to play next by adding to the queue. I downloaded the paid pro APK to my Passport but for some reason the options not there.

I did download Neutron Music player but I couldn't figure out how to get it to do the on the go queuing of songs.

I would love to know if there is a music player app that can do this or is the capability now absent from BB10 ?
    11-20-17 04:05 PM

You can create stories as well. It bugs out on the BB10 browser though if you try to view a story and there's a video in your timeline (within 1 or 2 posts), for some reason the browser pushes the timeline video to you instead of the story.
    11-20-17 05:33 PM
    Chess-wise for those lovers of games has been updated too.

BlackBerry Passport SE from Prague, Czech Republic, OS 10.3.2.2836
    i add chess-wise to list.
    Pavelsan likes this.
    11-20-17 09:35 PM
    Hey brother I need another favor or if anyone else knows the answer. Ive been using Folder Player on my Oneplus 3T and have become accustomed to selecting any song from any folder to play next by adding to the queue. I downloaded the paid pro APK to my Passport but for some reason the options not there.

I did download Neutron Music player but I couldn't figure out how to get it to do the on the go queuing of songs.

I would love to know if there is a music player app that can do this or is the capability now absent from BB10 ?
    Neutron is amazing but use secondary to star. I think star does what your looking for. Brookie are you out there? @starsoftware

Love Star Player and he's still building the app to this day! It Def works with folders and pinned materials and updates them each time you launch star I use it for my movie player as well as music. Native!

11-20-17 10:41 PM
    Neutron is amazing but use secondary to star. I think star does what your looking for. Brookie are you out there? @starsoftware

Love Star Player and he's still building the app to this day! It Def works with folders and pinned materials and updates them each time you launch star I use it for my movie player as well as music. Native!

Downloaded it last night but don't see the feature. I'll keep playing with it but I had it before and never noticed that feature then. I wonder if I can even be done on BB10. I say that only cause I downloaded the very same APK I use on my Oneplus 3T and it remains absent from the options in the app and it is the Pro version.
    I even saw the option in Neutron but it did not work. Strange

Thanks bro.
    11-21-17 09:51 AM
    Downloaded it last night but don't see the feature. I'll keep playing with it but I had it before and never noticed that feature then. I wonder if I can even be done on BB10. I say that only cause I downloaded the very same APK I use on my Oneplus 3T and it remains absent from the options in the app and it is the Pro version.
    I even saw the option in Neutron but it did not work. Strange

Thanks bro.
    Write to @starsoftware in the Star Player here on CB it's a fairly active thread as he is adding features to it now. Maybe it would be something he could add or is already there as I overlooked stuff before then he showed me how cool it really was with some features neatly tucked away.

I used to use folder player from BBW port yellow and black.
    @paulwallace1234

11-21-17 11:41 AM
    Unfortunately, as is the usual case with Star Player the Playlist implementation doesn't support inserting items at a set position, you see it's called a GroupDataModel which is designed to only be managed via sorting Keys, so things like Searching the model/inserting at a user given place aren't supported.

As much as I'd love to change the model system I always run into trouble when I try converting it.
    11-21-17 01:23 PM
    Twittly for Twitter, FacePro updated.
    lolo9269 likes this.
    11-22-17 07:10 AM
    Twittly for Twitter, FacePro updated.
    Facepro on list is already have last update date. And for twittly I prefer don't add to the list don't want to promote nemory because he sell apps like Telegram skype and other and it's only a url short cut with webview bb10

11-22-17 02:03 PM
    Someone here use card Brower ? It is like hub browser. Because hub browser have issues for reader mode don't work and developper don't give any response.

Is reader mode on card browser pro functionality

11-22-17 02:05 PM
    Write to @starsoftware in the Star Player here on CB it's a fairly active thread as he is adding features to it now. Maybe it would be something he could add or is already there as I overlooked stuff before then he showed me how cool it really was with some features neatly tucked away.

I used to use folder player from BBW port yellow and black.
    @paulwallace1234

Thanks for getting this topic noticed by the dev.
    Unfortunately, as is the usual case with Star Player the Playlist implementation doesn't support inserting items at a set position, you see it's called a GroupDataModel which is designed to only be managed via sorting Keys, so things like Searching the model/inserting at a user given place aren't supported.

As much as I'd love to change the model system I always run into trouble when I try converting it.
    Appreciate your quick response so it's not missed. Nice to see you are still active and a pro BB10 supporter
    11-22-17 04:59 PM
1,136 ... 2324252627 ...