The browser is so good that most apps can simply be done from there. No banking app of interest, just use the mobile website. No good facebook or twitter, use the mobile site. No stock app, same. On and on.

I think adblocking is needed though without sideloading, which is too much hassle.
    06-29-13 07:30 AM
    You mean like adblock filtering? Kinda like on FF?
    06-29-13 07:32 AM
    I have a home screen link to my banking app, Gmail, Google maps, and google translate. All work great

Posted via CB10
    jjs6w likes this.
    06-29-13 08:36 AM
    You mean like adblock filtering? Kinda like on FF?
    Yup, someone in the forums suggested that firefox has adblocking that works when sideloaded? I didn't try it though because first it's a port, so speed sacrifices already kill the adblocking feature and second, sideloading is a bit complex for me.
    DaMaRa1109 likes this.
    06-29-13 09:54 AM
    The browser lacks allot of the unique functions an app has has built into it and side-loading is not an option for new users who wouldn't have a clue what your talking about. I really think the developers are going to continue to shun the Blackberry world because the real money is being made in developing for the Android and Apple markets and that's the cold hard truth.

The more these die hard BB users keep telling folks who are new to the Blackberry world "Just use the Browser", the developers on the outside who might consider spending their hard earned time and resources to develop applications are just not going to waste their time and energy in developing apps that the "browser crowd" thinks are useless.

Apps are what folks here use and thats not going to change any time soon, in this highly competitive smartphone market, you have to be better and/or equal to what your competitor currently has or folks are just going to look elsewhere, this is not 2008 when you where the only game in town. This is 2013 in the market dominated by the big two, IOS and Android and that's just the way is it, like it or not.
    06-29-13 01:13 PM
    Yup, someone in the forums suggested that firefox has adblocking that works when sideloaded? I didn't try it though because first it's a port, so speed sacrifices already kill the adblocking feature and second, sideloading is a bit complex for me.
    Sideloading can be easier than trying to copy/paste on the Z10. Here's a very simple guide for you.

How to put Android apps onto your BlackBerry 10 phone (Windows Guide) | CrackBerry.com

The hard part is getting everything together to do the .apk to .bar converting, but we've got a couple tools for that. ie. my thread below
    jjs6w likes this.
    06-29-13 01:21 PM
    The more these die hard BB users keep telling folks who are new to the Blackberry world "Just use the Browser", the developers on the outside who might consider spending their hard earned time and resources to develop applications are just not going to waste their time and energy in developing apps that the "browser crowd" thinks are useless.
    Well, I don't want to discourage developers from making apps to improve the experience, but the browser versions are often adequate...
    06-29-13 02:20 PM
    Sideloading can be easier than trying to copy/paste on the Z10. Here's a very simple guide for you.

How to put Android apps onto your BlackBerry 10 phone (Windows Guide) | CrackBerry.com

The hard part is getting everything together to do the .apk to .bar converting, but we've got a couple tools for that. ie. my thread below
    BlackBerry World has a lot of quality native apps available that suit all my need. However, after reading threads about sideloading apps in this forum, I started to be curious how easy it is and decided to try sideloading yesterday . Yay, it is a piece of cake using GoodEreader. This site let you convert .apk to .bar! I managed to sideload Instagram and SpeedTest within 3 minutes. Both of the apps work great.

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    06-29-13 02:35 PM
    The BB10 browser is probably the poorest of any of the major browsers I've used.
    Without text reflow, reading on webpages is really really hard.
    Banking websites aren't an option in the UK where most banks need a keyfob for the mobile banking site, not the apps.

The browser is a poor man's solution to an app shortage, and the browser on BB10 isn't all it's cracked up to be by some.
    06-29-13 02:37 PM
    Other than having more apps, having a super great browser is still crucial and useful for mobile users. The browser of BB10 is the best by far. I showed how fast the browser to an iPhone user the other day. He was just jaws dropping and admitted he never gets that fast on his iPhone and kept saying that "iPhone sucks, always lagging behind the technology". This was my first time hearing an iPhone user saying "iPhone sucks".

06-29-13 02:44 PM
    Are u people completely brainwashed ???????
    The BlackBerry browser is a huge improvement over the BlackBerry 7 browser. And in terms of speed it is comparable to android and ios. But to say that it's the best just shows a total lack of connection to reality. Talk about Jonestown. Geeez!!!!!!!!
    For one thing u can not organize or save the order of your bookmarks favorites. That in itself is a major disappointment. And every time u go back to your list of favorites, the order has changed. It's as if the developers intentionality wanted to frustrate new users.
    There is no reading list like there is in iphone. There is no forward button handy. Only a back button. These are things the other browsers have. Especially ios. The iPhone browser is stunningly efficient.
    I don't count my load times in nanoseconds. So if BlackBerry browser is a fraction of a second faster than the competition I don't consider it a major accomplishment. But I'd like to be able to organize my Web pages which I can not do at the current time with the bb10.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 04:47 PM
    I have a Z10, iPad, iPod touch and a Playbook (poor decision). Playbook browser is so sluggish. BB10 is leaps and bounds ahead. Compared to iOS browser, it's equal to me. If my bank, TD bank, wants to make an app for BB10, I would of course use that in a heartbeat. The user above is right... it is a poor person's solution...
    06-29-13 09:58 PM
    I have a Z10, iPad, iPod touch and a Playbook (poor decision). Playbook browser is so sluggish. BB10 is leaps and bounds ahead. Compared to iOS browser, it's equal to me. If my bank, TD bank, wants to make an app for BB10, I would of course use that in a heartbeat. The user above is right... it is a poor person's solution...
    TD bank app is available for BB10 since a couple of weeks ago!

06-30-13 12:46 AM
    TD bank app is available for BB10 since a couple of weeks ago!

I cant find it... I did a search for 'bank' and scrolled then entire list..
    06-30-13 08:16 AM
    I cant find it... I did a search for 'bank' and scrolled then entire list..
    Try this link:
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/10661

By the way, it's a Canada only app according to the app store (just incase)
    jjs6w likes this.
    06-30-13 08:54 AM