I have contacted a number of developers on the status and/or possible release dates of apps for BB10, and have mostly received the same boilerplate response:

"Our development team is continually working on bringing the service to as many platforms and regions as possible, there are currently no plans to release the App for BlackBerry 10. We will be paying close attention to how quickly the platform is adopted and make the appropriate adjustments at that time."

This means these developers just aren't seeing enough demand from their customer base to even warrant spending a lunch hour to submit their Android app for approval.

I encourage everyone to please send an email to those in the list below you prefer. Most of these companies are just taking a wait-and-see approach to see what type of response there is for BB10, and if they get lots of direct requests they'll be more likely to bite the bullet and throw some resources into BB10.

EDIT: This list was getting too long and hard to manage so I've created a Google Spreadsheet instead. I've made it public so anyone with the link can edit, so if anyone has any others to add to the list or any status updates please go ahead and do so!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing

<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjO6poRFXwxldEJXTU4yMXJjckJMeXBpd1B2bTdlY 2c&usp=sharing>
    Last edited by pcondello; 02-04-14 at 07:03 AM.
    03-14-13 02:11 PM
    I think sales numbers of the Z10 and Q10 in each country will determine what type of apps will be available. Is it going to worth their time and effort.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 02:16 PM
    You're absolutely right that sales numbers will be a big factor in deciding whether or not to invest in a new platform. But also, with some of the responses I've received, I've been told that the direct feedback is vital in helping them determine future directions, and that my request would be forwarded to the appropriate department for consideration. Although this rhetoric is somewhat BS (I'm not delusional), I really do think that at some point, someone who makes decisions does eventually take notice at this sort of feedback.

There is actual market response (based on hard sales numbers) and then there's perceived response to the platform. This perceived response can be a powerful driver also, can cause share prices to boom and bust.

For example, anyone who followed the fall and return of Apple and IBM knows that both companies were also in dire straits. But after Steve Jobs returned to Apple at the brink of bankruptcy, a critical factor was the premature belief that the company had turned a corner - and the reality followed that image. If the media (and therefore people) believed that Apple would fail, Jobs' efforts would have made little difference, and both customers and investors would have jumped ship.
    What I’m saying is it’s a self-fulfilling prophesy: developers believe interest in the platform is high, they throw their support and develop software for it, interest in the platform becomes high due to the developer support.

If all developers were to take a wait-and-see approach, interest in the platform would not build, and those hard sales numbers you refer to would never materialize. I know I’m oversimplifying the complex decision for a developer to invest in BB10, but certainly letting them know we’re here can’t hurt the cause.

I think sales numbers of the Z10 and Q10 in each country will determine what type of apps will be available. Is it going to worth their time and effort.
    s7khan, jacob763 and loyalIND like this.
    03-14-13 02:58 PM
    I use the Magicjack app in my iPhone, iPad and Lenovo ( Android) tablet and it works great. I got tired waiting for it for my Playbook. I found and downloaded the Comwave app and it works just as good. In fact, better, as you do not need an account. The app is free to make long distance calls anywhere in North America.

You do not need a Magicjack number/account to use the MJ app but it makes it a much easier experience. Comwave has no such requirement.
    03-15-13 02:21 PM
    Are you using the Comwave app on Blackberry? If so can you provide the bar?

I found and downloaded the Comwave app and it works just as good. In fact, better, as you do not need an account. The app is free to make long distance calls anywhere in North America.
    buchan likes this.
    03-16-13 12:13 PM
    Anyone know where to send an email to Amazon Instant Video or Chase Bank?
    03-17-13 02:20 AM
    Autotrader.ca app is in beta testing right now. Should be out soon.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck and Sexy Sadie like this.
    03-17-13 02:26 AM
    How about Flip board, ebay and of course bebuzz?
    I have side loaded the first two but it is not the same.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 04:30 AM
    Not sure where you got the info of an autotrader app in beta testing, but this is the response I got from [email protected] on March 13 (5 days ago). They're so out of touch with Blackberry they don't even know that the Z10 has already launched in Canada.

Thank you for your email.
    OS10 has not been released yet, . Until we have a BB10 version users can visit the mobile optimized version at m.autotrader.ca.
    Thank you for using autoTRADER.ca.

Even if they're in beta testing, email them, let them know there's interest in BB10!

Autotrader.ca app is in beta testing right now. Should be out soon.
    03-18-13 11:34 AM
    Trust me on this.

Not sure where you got the info of an autotrader app in beta testing, but this is the response I got from [email protected] on March 13 (5 days ago). They're so out of touch with Blackberry they don't even know that the Z10 has already launched in Canada.

Thank you for your email.
    OS10 has not been released yet, . Until we have a BB10 version users can visit the mobile optimized version at m.autotrader.ca.
    Thank you for using autoTRADER.ca.

Even if they're in beta testing, email them, let them know there's interest in BB10!
    03-18-13 02:15 PM
    Temple run is ideal for me I don't play games 24-7 but there fun and good to play and kill time its ssomething blackBerry has always lacked and it's a big reason most people have never turned over ( lack of apps ) z10 has changed everything we are now getting apps we have never seen before on an blackberry platform but it's vital to get even more. Android and apple are winning the race on apps so hopfully we will get a bit more. If we get more big named apps then that's it blackberry is set to take over android hopfully one day! S4 sucks anyway

Got questions? Having problems not listed below? Email us at [email protected]. We try to respond to all emails, we promise.

-Keith and Natalia

See if you read faq they say they wanna be on as much as can just most can't handle the game. Well z10 definitely can I emailed them several times without a reply

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 06:11 PM
    At least some of these are already on the way. Kindle has already committed. Skype is likely to hit any day now (though I wonder if it's going to need that Jelly Bean update to the Android Player... that could stretch it out a bit...). CIBC's banking app will apparently support NFC payments, so that's kind of a big deal. FortyTwoApps says a trader.ca app is forthcoming (and he likely knows because he's the one building it). These are ones we KNOW are coming.

LogMeIn is a Citrix product, and Citrix has supported the Playbook so I'd be surprised if this isn't already in the works.

And a Crackle app might be cool, but it works so well from the browser that it wouldn't be my highest priority...
    03-18-13 06:19 PM
    FortyTwoApps says a trader.ca app is forthcoming (and he likely knows because he's the one building it).
    autotrader's dev team is in BC. I like in Toronto

...and to be a little clearer: I don't work for autotrader.
    03-18-13 07:43 PM
    I just started another thread before I noticed this one.
    I received an email from kijiji stating they plan on releasing a BlackBerry App sometime this year.

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    03-19-13 08:30 PM
    I just started a thread about GO Transit (@GOtransit) and their GO Mobile app. I don't know what their contact info is beyond their twitter account, though. But I have gotten the boilerplate response via their twitter account so I know they're listening.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    03-19-13 11:22 PM
    Added Chase Bank to the list. Not sure about Amazon Instant Video

Anyone know where to send an email to Amazon Instant Video or Chase Bank?
    03-25-13 11:40 AM
    Could you please add Grooveshark to the list? [email protected]
    03-25-13 01:18 PM
    Response from Sonos ([email protected]):

Thank you for contacting Sonos Support. Unfortunately, Sonos does not comment on future products / controller apps. What I can do is put in a feature request to show that there is interest in a Blackberry App. Our product team looks over and considers each request.
    03-25-13 04:18 PM
    Response from Nest ([email protected]):

The Nest mobile apps are currently only available on Android and Apple IOS devices. We do not have any information on whether or not a Blackberry app will be released.

If you would like to see a Blackberry app in the future, you can suggest it in the product suggestions section of our community page:

https://community.nest.com/welcome/
    03-25-13 04:21 PM
    Response from CIBC ([email protected]):

CIBC has not made any announcement concerning that matter.

Thank you for your suggestion to offer a Mobile Payment app for the new BlackBerry OS10. Your comments are valuable to us as we monitor customer demand and evaluate the feasibility of various enhancements to our service.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    03-25-13 04:30 PM
    Response from Shazam ([email protected]):

While I can say our development team are continually working on bringing the service to as many platforms and regions as possible, there are currently no plans to release the App for the BlackBerry 10 handsets.

Full details of any new release will be made available on our website.
    03-25-13 04:32 PM
    Response from RBC:

I'm very pleased to confirm that we're actively working on a BlackBerry 10 application We currently don't have any dates to share at this time however you can stay up-to-date by visiting Mobile Banking - RBC Royal Bank.
    03-26-13 09:13 AM
    Keep on e-mailing them.
    03-26-13 04:30 PM
    Thanks for the updates.
    03-26-13 04:42 PM
    Not sure if there was another thread like this before (if so post a link)... I have contacted a number of developers on the status and/or possible release dates of apps for BB10, and have mostly received the same boilerplate response:

"Our development team is continually working on bringing the service to as many platforms and regions as possible, there are currently no plans to release the App for BlackBerry 10. We will be paying close attention to how quickly the platform is adopted and make the appropriate adjustments at that time."

I found actually emailing the developers got more responses than spamming them over twitter using that website provided a few months ago.

If anyone who reads this could please send an email to those in the list below you prefer, it would be greatly appreciated. I know some of these companies are just taking a wait-and-see approach to see what type of response there is for BB10, and if they get lots of direct requests they'll be more likely to bite the bullet and throw some resources into BB10.

If anyone has any other oddball apps (besides the usual instagrams, shazams, skypes, netfix, etc) they would like, please comment with the developer's contact info and I will certainly fire off a message to them!

Name <email> @twitter

You asked and you received:
    Check out this thread. . .http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...m-know-756442/

Where you will find this HUGE list. . .
    03-26-13 04:47 PM
202 123 ...