The BB World app on my phone needs to be updated ('No Network Connexion'). However, does updating it and logging in to it mean it will be constantly running in the background, alongside other store-related processes, checking if there's an app which needs to be updated, and so on? I'd like to keep junk to a bare minimum.
    04-17-21 06:05 AM
    The BB World app on my phone needs to be updated ('No Network Connexion'). However, does updating it and logging in to it mean it will be constantly running in the background, alongside other store-related processes, checking if there's an app which needs to be updated, and so on? I'd like to keep junk to a bare minimum.
    The store is pretty much dead. I’m not sure if any updating happens there anymore. Just update and be done with it.
    04-17-21 08:04 AM
    https://crackberry.com/how-fix-black...-blackberry-10
    04-17-21 08:43 AM
    If it's the one time update, it works well. I don't think it changes how BBWorld functions other than fix a bug.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-21 11:50 AM
    I know - just wonder if it won't bother me with app-related rubbish. Could I update the service, download the apps I need, and log out / delete the BlackBerry ID afterwards? Coming from a Symbian phone, I'd like to keep the junk to a bare minimum, as I already said. Not being paranoid, just need decent battery life, and don't quite want to be distracted while out and about. I do most of my stuff perched in a cosy chair at the desk

By the way: how do I get rid of those pesky 'app/service requires you to validate your BlackBerry ID' notifications?
    Last edited by Al3xander M; 04-17-21 at 01:48 PM.
    04-17-21 12:48 PM
    I know - just wonder if it won't bother me with app-related rubbish. Could I update the service, download the apps I need, and log out / delete the BlackBerry ID afterwards? Coming from a Symbian phone, I'd like to keep the junk to a bare minimum, as I already said. Not being paranoid, just need decent battery life, and don't quite want to be distracted while out and about. I do most of my stuff perched in a cosy chair at the desk

By the way: how do I get rid of those pesky 'app/service requires you to validate your BlackBerry ID' notifications?
    If you want to remove your BBID you will need to wipe the device. To get rid of the notification you would need to sign in with a BBID, which you probably shouldn't do if you don't have to as the servers are scheduled to shut down end of this year.

Which apps are you looking for? You may be able to get them without BBW.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-17-21 04:25 PM

Updating BBW will NOT bother you in the least nor will it decrease battery life. I would update it just in case you ever need an app that's in there.
    anon(5597702) and parryberry like this.
    04-17-21 05:15 PM

You can’t keep apps from BB World on your phone without a BBID unless the .bar files are available outside BB world.
    04-18-21 06:49 AM