I received the following letter from my bank regard their BlackBerry app. Starting 8/25/13 they won't even offer their app for my OS7 device!!!

BB & T is one of the largest banks in the southeast USA too.

BB&T bank dropping its BlackBerry app!-img_00000002.jpg

I am going to call them and voice my opinion anyway.

Posted using my white Q10 via CB app
    08-15-13 06:40 AM
    Do they have a BB10 app? Just wondering because this thread is in the BB10 Apps Forum.

If not, I'll move this thread to the BBOS Apps Forum for you.
    08-15-13 06:58 AM
    Your title is a bit misleading.

Nothing new to see the support for an App get dropped, especially with the advancements made in our web interface. I'm with RBC in Canada and we've yet to see the app for us, though it was scheduled in the fall, regardless from launch I've been using their mobile site, and when compared to the app on legacy devices, the web interface is much quicker.
    I know that no one asked, but for myself, as long as there's a mobile website version of anything, the lack of a supported APP really isn't necessary, it's a matter of switching habits.
    08-15-13 07:01 AM

Nothing new to see the support for an App get dropped, especially with the advancements made in our web interface. I'm with RBC in Canada and we've yet to see the app for us, though it was scheduled in the fall, regardless from launch I've been using their mobile site, and when compared to the app on legacy devices, the web interface is much quicker.
    I know that no one asked, but for myself, as long as there's a mobile website version of anything, the lack of a supported APP really isn't necessary, it's a matter of switching habits.
    FYI I had already changed the title of this thread to be more specific.

FWIW, RBC has told me via Twitter at least couple times that their BB10 app is "coming soon." Can't imagine what's taking so long. Yes using mobile site too for now, but it has a few shortfalls.
    08-15-13 07:10 AM

Unless you need something like mobile deposits.
    08-15-13 07:11 AM
    Unless you need something like mobile deposits.
    Good point.
    Most of the Canadian banks don't do that, so the other member probably didn't even think of that.

Did BB&T offer mobile deposits via its BBOS app?
    08-15-13 07:13 AM
    Good point.
    Most of the Canadian banks don't do that, so the other member probably didn't even think of that.

Did BB&T offer mobile deposits via its BBOS app?
    Good question; if it didn't, my point is moot.
    08-15-13 07:14 AM
    Mobile Deposits.. you're absolutely correct, from what i know that's non existing our side of the border.

Elite 1, i was slow to type, as you were correcting the title, i was typing my message.
    Also regarding the APP, if i'm not mistaken RBC and BB were doing some sort of joint venture with mobile payment access and that was the reason for the delay. I believe it may have been covered here on Crackberry, i'll need to do some searching.

Thanks again
    08-15-13 07:16 AM
    AFAIK none of the big Canadian banks do mobile deposit but some credit unions do, such as Vancouver-based Westminster Savings via its iOS app.

Looks like ING Direct actually offers it on their BB10 app! It has a feature called Orange Snapshot that does this.
    08-15-13 07:30 AM
    Do they have a BB10 app? Just wondering because this thread is in the BB10 Apps Forum.

If not, I'll move this thread to the BBOS Apps Forum for you.
    No they don't so move to wherever is appropriate. I couldn't decide. LOL

Thanks!

08-15-13 12:39 PM

FWIW, RBC has told me via Twitter at least couple times that their BB10 app is "coming soon." Can't imagine what's taking so long. Yes using mobile site too for now, but it has a few shortfalls.
    I don't even remember what I titled it. I was so mad & disappointed when I read the letter I just wanted to post so I did.

BB&T "says" they have a mobile site but I have yet to get it to load on my Torch or my Q10. It always loads their regular site. Print is so small I can't see if there is an option to get to mobile from there.

08-15-13 12:42 PM
    They offer mobile deposits app for android I think. I've seen a sign at the drive thru about making deposits w/ your smartphone but I never paid much attention to it.

08-15-13 12:47 PM

If the website had short falls maybe their bb10 app will as well. Why don't you chime in on their suggestion box.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 01:16 PM
    Here is a screen shot of their "mobile" website:

BB&T bank dropping its BlackBerry app!-img_00000004.png

08-16-13 06:23 AM
    Mobile sites often have a m. in front.

May want to check.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 07:44 AM
    Mobile sites often have a m. in front.

May want to check.

Posted via CB10
    OMG!!! Thank you that was exactly it!! (slaps self upside the head)

08-16-13 10:49 AM