Hi all!

Yesterday I've released a new app called "Basket" - https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...05897/?lang=en

If someone still needs a native Dropbox client ob BB 10 - that's the way.

It has an early version, but already almost fully-featured. Some new cool features will be added soon. Unfortunately, there is NO integration with core file manager, because BlackBerry does not provide an API to integrate with. But... anyway I completely deleted android app and instead use Basket for my goals.

Basket - native Dropbox client for BlackBerry 10-featured.jpg

Basket - native Dropbox client for BlackBerry 10-img_20171228_104414.jpg

Basket - native Dropbox client for BlackBerry 10-img_20171228_104402.jpg

Basket - native Dropbox client for BlackBerry 10-img_20171228_104610.jpg
    01-04-18 10:53 AM
    So nice! Thanks a lot!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-18 12:19 PM
    Great work! I'm sure this will be a useful alternative for many.
    01-04-18 01:25 PM
    I'd buy it but Blackberry World is useless and won't accept any of my payment options.
    01-04-18 01:37 PM
    It must have been a really draining experience ... wouldn't you have been a "basket case" at the end of the process?
    01-04-18 01:54 PM
    I'd buy it but Blackberry World is useless and won't accept any of my payment options.
    I thought BB10 users don't need apps like Dropbox since BB10 has mobile browser.

All joking aside, BBW didn't let you use PayPal.?
    01-04-18 02:00 PM
    I thought BB10 users don't need apps like Dropbox since BB10 has mobile browser.

All joking aside, BBW didn't let you use PayPal.?
    I don't use my Passport as my main phone anymore. I moved to Huawei on Android and it's much better than BB10 in most ways. The customization is endless.

But my Passport is going to live the remainder of its life as a gaming emulator with sideloaded native RetroArch. The physical buttons are perfectly mapped as an NES or SNES controller. Emulators with touchscreen controls don't do it for me.

And no, Blackberry World has had problems for a long time with accepting payments.

With Dropbox native integration, I can play the same game and save state among different devices like my PC. Losing native Dropbox on BB10 sucked. No way around it.
    01-04-18 02:27 PM
    I don't use my Passport as my main phone anymore. I moved to Huawei on Android and it's much better than BB10 in most ways. The customization is endless.

But my Passport is going to live the remainder of its life as a gaming emulator with sideloaded native RetroArch. The physical buttons are perfectly mapped as an NES or SNES controller. Emulators with touchscreen controls don't do it for me.

And no, Blackberry World has had problems for a long time with accepting payments.

With Dropbox native integration, I can play the same game and save state among different devices like my PC. Losing native Dropbox on BB10 sucked. No way around it.
    In future releases I want to try to create a "service" folder for my app on BB10 file system. By adding or editing something inside this folder all changes will be synced automatically with Dropbox without launching an app, like on PC. But it's just a plan for future and that task will be complex enough
    Pavelsan likes this.
    01-04-18 02:40 PM

I'm aware of the payment issued within BBW. Some have achieved varied success by using PayPal option when they could not update other card methods.
    01-04-18 02:57 PM
    Purchased and loving it so far (my first BB10 app purchase in 20 months apparently hah). Thank you for the support and providing a needed service as a native app.
    01-04-18 04:15 PM
    In future releases I want to try to create a "service" folder for my app on BB10 file system. By adding or editing something inside this folder all changes will be synced automatically with Dropbox without launching an app, like on PC. But it's just a plan for future and that task will be complex enough
    That would be awesome! Hope I can find a way to buy the app so I can support you.
    01-04-18 04:42 PM
    Great app! Thank you!
    01-05-18 10:52 AM
    Guys, today I've released a next Basket version - 1.1.0!

What's new:

- ability to "share" file or several files with app (Basket will be invoked as Card inside the invocation app, uploading files will be in headless mode)
    - ability to "share" an URL with app. It may be an image from internet or some html-page etc. The URL will be saved in Dropbox.
    - ability to download a folder from Dropbox as ZIP file. But note! Dropbox has restrictions: folder shouldn't be more than 1Gb and shouldn't contain more than 10k files inside.
    - added "Clear cache" button on Settings page.
    - bug fixing
    01-09-18 12:58 AM
    Guys, today I've released a next Basket version - 1.1.0!

What's new:

- ability to "share" file or several files with app (Basket will be invoked as Card inside the invocation app, uploading files will be in headless mode)
    - ability to "share" an URL with app. It may be an image from internet or some html-page etc. The URL will be saved in Dropbox.
    - ability to download a folder from Dropbox as ZIP file. But note! Dropbox has restrictions: folder shouldn't be more than 1Gb and shouldn't contain more than 10k files inside.
    - added "Clear cache" button on Settings page.
    - bug fixing
    Well done!

We need @Bla1ze's attention there too!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-18 04:20 AM
    Well done!

We need @Bla1ze's attention there too!

Posted via CB10
    Noted.
    01-09-18 04:22 AM
    Noted.
    Thanks for the dev on his effort!

Posted via CB10
    eiruvrav likes this.
    01-09-18 04:24 AM
    Updated my installation. What a great app, thank you!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-18 12:14 AM
    I know there is still a long way to go, but would you support your users if/when BBW is shut down? How?
    01-10-18 07:53 PM
    I know there is still a long way to go, but would you support your users if/when BBW is shut down? How?
    https://github.com/doctorrokter/basket/releases

Via Pasta CB10
    01-10-18 11:32 PM
    I will send apps updates on CDs via post
    01-11-18 01:25 AM
    Guys,

today released next version 1.1.1 which contains a fix of minor bug in Headless part of an app.

Already available in BBW.
    01-11-18 01:33 AM
    Thanks for the app, tried to use android apk, but it regularly made my Passport go crazy and drain battery.

Now, how does it work with Basket and photos sync? I enabled the feature in settings, so what will happen now?

I have not synced my photos since the native app dropped support, so will the sync just go on from now on or shall I get all my photos synced into past?

And they'll will be in BlackBerry folder or Camera Uploads folder?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-11-18 12:27 PM
    Thanks for the app, tried to use android apk, but it regularly made my Passport go crazy and drain battery.

Now, how does it work with Basket and photos sync? I enabled the feature in settings, so what will happen now?

I have not synced my photos since the native app dropped support, so will the sync just go on from now on or shall I get all my photos synced into past?

And they'll will be in BlackBerry folder or Camera Uploads folder?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Hi!

The "autoload" feature in Basket works by the following method: when you enable autoload, the Headless part of an app begin to "watch" the Camera directory on your device for changes. This means that when NEW files added by camera app (image or video) exactly then these files will be uploaded to your Dropbox. And so on. Also, app will create "Camera" folder in Dropbox automatically after switching the "autoload" setting. All your prev camera files you should sync manually if needed
    01-11-18 01:39 PM
    Will the autoload feature work with other directories rather than Camera? This question is regarding other apps that have dropbox integration for synchronization across devices. I'm not sure if autoload would be the way to go. It worked well with Connect to dropbox.
    01-18-18 05:01 AM
    Will the autoload feature work with other directories rather than Camera? This question is regarding other apps that have dropbox integration for synchronization across devices. I'm not sure if autoload would be the way to go. It worked well with Connect to dropbox.
    Currently autoload works only against local Camera folder (not on SD card). I plan to add "pinned folders" in the future. But now as is.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-18 02:34 AM
75 123