In my experience the opposite is true... I would struggle if I had to be forced into using an app. I don't necessarily want to be locked into a situation where I have to rely on apps to perform basic tasks. I used my banking website on my Z10 and compared this to the functionality and UI on my BlackBerry Curve for which there is an app. The online banking experience using a browser was considerably better than the phone app, had full functionality and resembled the experience on my PC so no learning curve to get to know way around an app.Posted via CB10
    my exact same experience with 2 of my banks!!
    I couldn't said it better!!
    10-14-13 12:51 PM
    In my experience the opposite is true... I would struggle if I had to be forced into using an app. I don't necessarily want to be locked into a situation where I have to rely on apps to perform basic tasks. I used my banking website on my Z10 and compared this to the functionality and UI on my <b>BlackBerry Curve for which there is an app. The online banking experience using a browser was considerably better than the phone app,</b>had full functionality and resembled the experience on my PC so no learning curve to get to know way around an app.

Posted via CB10
    I never had a BlackBerry before bb10, but it seems that the majority of people who come from old Blackberries have a lack of appreciation for apps in general. Were apps that horrible on the old BlackBerry platforms? For me I find apps to be useful when done right. They usually add features that streamline the process, and overall navigation in one way or another.

(BBM#33)
    devin266 and pauld19 like this.
    10-14-13 01:02 PM
    A banking app is quicker functions for checking your balance and paying saved contacts. It takes longer to login through the browser

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 01:02 PM
    Very true, the app makes life easier. Scrolling, pinching and zooming are all well and good but when there is an app to help smooth the process out then that's a forward move in my book. Sadly and I do mean sadly as I think the bb10 phones and OS are very good blackberry have fallen behind a long way and life is just easier for me personally on my iphone.

I just don't understand blackberrys attitude to apps as they really do drive the smart phone market and the fact that a great OS and hardware is failing is proof if this.
    devin266 and Acvdm like this.
    10-14-13 01:24 PM
    A banking app is quicker functions for checking your balance and paying saved contacts. It takes longer to login through the browser
    I thought only the "mindless masses" would notice this.

Wait until it more point of sale systems allow you to tap to pay over the course of 2014. Try that in a browser.

The ideal is to have both options, but our data shows that Android and iOS users, who do have both options readily available, strongly prefer the app for speed alone.
    Tre Lawrence and bobauckland like this.
    10-14-13 01:27 PM

Wait until it more point of sale systems allow you to tap to pay over the course of 2014. Try that in a browser.

The ideal is to have both options, but our data shows that Android and iOS users, who do have both options readily available, strongly prefer the app for speed alone.
    Oh stop. You're killing the whole "mindless masses" buzz term with logic.
    bobauckland likes this.
    10-14-13 01:31 PM
    For banks that offer it, mobile deposits are well worth the apps. Try that from a browser.
    10-14-13 01:33 PM

On my iPad I love it. But I would prefer it on my Blackberry Z10

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 01:43 PM
    Just so you know I bank with natwest. I also have a capital one credit card which I wish has an app

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 01:44 PM
    "I just realize BB10 it's not for the masses, don't let the door hit you on your way out, have a good one.. "

Wow - I can not think of a siliier (I'm being generous in my restrained use of language) expression of support for anything. So let me get this straight, anyone who is currently using a BB10 device who thinks there should be more banking apps should go. and anyone considering a BB10 purchase, that would like to have more apps shouldn't bother with this platform. Are you one of those Science and History Deniers? Or do you really just want to see BB fail. BB has the fewest users, is bleeding users and money at an alarming rate. Nearly $1B dollar loss last quarter. And the answer is.."We're exclusive and we don't need you?"

Let me tell you something young person, the mindless masses, as you put them, built BB. Lifted RIM from a small software solution company to the biggest name in tech. From $8 per share to over $200 p share. And when those masses asked for a camera, BB said you don't need one, when they asked for a media player, BB said you don't need one, when they asked for wifi BB said you don't need it. And eventually the masses migrated away and BB now has been decimated. Losing money, shedding employees, talent, market share and market value. The assinine notion that people who point out short-comings are somehow whiners, babies, complainers,trolls and mindless caused the collapse of BB and will eventually leave you without the handhelds and software you claim to love.
    10-14-13 01:55 PM
    We need apps to gain market either.
    10-14-13 01:59 PM

I am in agreement for the most part. Having multiple options is good... apps, browser, telephone etc. I just want to dispel the "mindless mass" notion that without an app you can't get by in life. Regarding POS transactions with NFC ... I have some faith that such apps will make it to BB10 but if they don't there will, because of the need for accessibility, many alternative payment options available.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 02:13 PM
    I am in agreement for the most part. Having multiple options is good... apps, browser, telephone etc. I just want to dispel the "mindless mass" notion that without an app you can't get by in life. Regarding POS transactions with NFC ... I have some faith that such apps will make it to BB10 but if they don't there will, because of the need for accessibility. many alternative payment options available.

Posted via CB10
    You don't really "need" much outside food, water and shelter, though. People will tend to go for the solutions that provide ease and simplicity. Apps provide that.

You can see it here every time you see the "posted via CB10" postscript.
    bobauckland likes this.
    10-14-13 02:17 PM

I thought that tap to pay is all ready out pretty much everywhere....

(BBM#33)
    10-14-13 02:21 PM
    I am in agreement for the most part. Having multiple options is good... apps, browser, telephone etc. I just want to dispel the "mindless mass" notion that without an app you can't get by in life. Regarding POS transactions with NFC ... I have some faith that such apps will make it to BB10 but if they don't there will, because of the need for accessibility, many alternative payment options available.
    So there is one extreme of saying it's not possible to live without apps. Then there is the other extreme of saying apps are useless if you have a browser. The truth is somewhere in between. And for banking apps in particular, the browser has real limitations that will become more apparent as bank start using true native apps (most now are just wrapping their websites in shells, which still has some advantages but not as much as we'll see over time)

It's possible to live without smartphones altogether. You can do most of what you need with a feature phone. It's just that smartphones give you convenient ways to save time and discover new services. Smartphones with good app stores give you even more convenient options and more interesting ways to interact with services and things around you.
    10-14-13 02:23 PM
    I thought that tap to pay is all ready out pretty much everywhere....

(BBM#33)
    Not as widely as it will be. Not all banks support it very well, and not all carriers support it properly. And app integration is primitive still. Now that there are tens of millions of Android phones with NFC, the payment networks, Google, and banks/issuers are finally investing in this in a big way.

Look back next summer and things will be very different.
    10-14-13 02:25 PM
    You would think that banks would put their apps on as many platforms as possible to draw customers.

I'd change bank for ease of access and customer support.

There we go, enough if us with that attitude and the first banks to get apps worth using over would gain customer base.

Typed on and then corrected by my Z10. http://geekphreek.com
    10-14-13 02:27 PM
    Not as widely as it will be. Not all banks support it very well, and not all carriers support it properly. And app integration is primitive still. Now that there are tens of millions of Android phones with NFC, the payment networks, Google, and banks/issuers are finally investing in this in a big way.

Look back next summer and things will be very different.
    Hmm... I see how the tap, and pay could catch on. It has proven it's worth to me the first time I used it. My card wouldn't swipe so I just launched Google wallet.

(BBM#33)
    10-14-13 02:35 PM
    You would think that banks would put their apps on as many platforms as possible to draw customers.

I'd change bank for ease of access and customer support.

There we go, enough if us with that attitude and the first banks to get apps worth using over would gain customer base.

Typed on and then corrected by my Z10. http://geekphreek.com
    Banks have ROI to consider. Yes, on paper, it sounds good to put it on every platform, but costs have to be justified.

Tizen. Bada. Symbian. Asha. Nemo. There are quite a lot. One has to pick and choose.
    10-14-13 03:00 PM
    They do ... it's called the Internet ... a well designed mobile site can reach many consumers on many platforms.

PS I just replied to this post on the Crackberry mobile site. The website is richer in content than the app, but conversely the app is slightly quicker to use. I could happily use either.
    Last edited by bbtino; 10-14-13 at 03:37 PM.
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-14-13 03:21 PM
    Only reason I want a Barclays app is I hate using pincentry to login!! Miss the app on my old BlackBerry which just ur pin and viola, even pingit will be missed..but it's nothing new still doesn't devalue my z10 (in my eyes)! Browser it is then )

Love My Z10, Posted via Excellent CB10
    10-14-13 03:40 PM
    Sad thing is that it turns into a looping vicious circle, people don't buy the phones cause it lacks apps, and devs don't make apps cause people don't buy the phones
    Stwutter and 1magine like this.
    10-14-13 04:39 PM
    Catch 22.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 04:58 PM
    It was up to Blackberry to do whatever it took to get the major apps on board which they didn't manage for whatever reason. If the major ones were there then people would have purchased the phones which would filter down and provide more dev support.

I would have thought doing whatever to secure these big name apps would have been paramount for any new platform as without them all the consumers that rely on them won't be interested in your phones. Blackberry didn't do enough and they are paying the price which is a great shame.
    1magine likes this.
    10-15-13 01:43 AM
    HSBC needs a keyfob code using it's mobile site, nowt using the Android or iOS site.
    If BlackBerry couldn't get app developers online, they should have made the smart choice and gone with a skinned Android.
    Having such a poor app ecosystem on an OS with so much potential is criminal, if they couldn't handle making a true competitor they should have piggy backed on someone who could.
    10-15-13 04:46 AM
71 123