Feature Request: Let us backup android apps. That is the most annoying thing after restoring your phone
    04-22-14 11:54 AM
    This is the pro version of Firechest backup from the Fire chest series. It looks like he is taking Firechest out of the app names.

The dev is Sasha Kanthan

Fire chest backup that was once free is now $0.99, if you downloaded it already before then you don't have to pay the $0.99 now except now you are missing a lot of the features it use to have. He also took a lot of features out of the $0.99 (Fire Chest Backup) version and put them into the $4.99 (Backup Pro) version.
    He just got greedy I guess :P

once leaks start popping up I will probably get the pro version though lol
    Got greedy? Wonder how u would have been if u were a developer and didn't even get a single penny for your efforts!

Posted via Z30
    pystha and Omnitech like this.
    04-22-14 12:49 PM
    Got greedy? Wonder how u would have been if u were a developer and didn't even get a single penny for your efforts!

Posted via Z30
    $5 is a bit much for when it use to be free. Most apps are $1.99 which seems to be a good price

Anyways I'm not complaining since I said ill buy it anyways.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 03:14 PM
    $5 is a bit much for when it use to be free. Most apps are $1.99 which seems to be a good price

Anyways I'm not complaining since I said ill buy it anyways.

Posted via CB10
    Nop, Backup Pro is not the free app which was available earlier, it's got a lot more features and we can backup to Memory card, Dropbox, Box etc.

Posted via Z30
    04-22-14 07:16 PM
    Nop, Backup Pro is not the free app which was available earlier, it's got a lot more features and we can backup to Memory card, Dropbox, Box etc.

Posted via Z30
    everything was the same except it was only to dropbox and no express or book backup
    04-22-14 08:03 PM
    everything was the same except it was only to dropbox and no express or book backup
    Yup maybe this is the reason! Anyways a backup app is more important than angry birds that's y it's more expensive. But it's worth it I believe!

Posted via Z30
    04-22-14 08:10 PM
    I meant I wished there was a way to back-up BBM chat history and attachments. Even selecting the save chat history does nothing for me if I do a fresh install. Only a nondestructive OTA update will keep my chats.

If this app could do that, along with backup/restore of native web browser bookmarks, I would be very happy.

It seems that we have to slowly build 3rd-party apps to do just a fraction of what Desktop Manager did for legacy BBOS devices for years: granular backup/restore.

Sigh.

Right now - if you have OS problems and do not want to restore "everything" because it oftentimes "restores problems", you are basically S.O.L. and face a ridiculous amount of re-configuring things by hand after doing a fresh OS install. (Especially if you're like me and have ~100 apps installed)

This was what I spent most of last weekend doing - and Backup Pro was a key component of getting my new OS install up and running, along with several other 3rd-party tools and a lot of manual work.
    04-24-14 07:22 AM
    If this app could do that, along with backup/restore of native web browser bookmarks, I would be very happy.

It seems that we have to slowly build 3rd-party apps to do just a fraction of what Desktop Manager did for legacy BBOS devices for years: granular backup/restore.

Sigh.

Right now - if you have OS problems and do not want to restore "everything" because it oftentimes "restores problems", you are basically S.O.L. and face a ridiculous amount of re-configuring things by hand after doing a fresh OS install. (Especially if you're like me and have ~100 apps installed)

This was what I spent most of last weekend doing - and Backup Pro was a key component of getting my new OS install up and running, along with several other 3rd-party tools and a lot of manual work.
    I wonder if the dev of this app is seeing this post and will hopefully add all the features mentioned here, in its future updates!

Posted via Z30
    04-24-14 11:03 AM
    I wonder if the dev of this app is seeing this post and will hopefully add all the features mentioned here, in its future updates!

Given that the developer already "liked" your very first post in this thread, I would guess the answer to that question is probably "yes" or at least "maybe".
    jevinzac likes this.
    04-25-14 02:22 AM
    Given that the developer already "liked" your very first post in this thread, I would guess the answer to that question is probably "yes" or at least "maybe".
    Oh I never noticed that! Am using this stupid CB10 app so i can't see who liked my post and all! Hm if he's watching this, then great! xD
    Hopefully I'll get his upcoming apps for free then, for marketing haha! :P

Posted via Z30
    04-25-14 02:40 AM
    This app seems to have vanshed from App World as of May 22, and I really need it ...
    05-22-14 05:10 PM
    This app seems to have vanshed from App World as of May 22, and I really need it ...
    Yes, it is missing, but Firechest is still available.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 05:32 PM
    i can still see it :S.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    05-22-14 07:28 PM
    Edit: sorry but when i searched for it, i cant find it. But that link is working. :S

05-22-14 07:30 PM
    Edit: sorry but when i searched for it, i cant find it. But that link is working. :S

Yeah, the link works, but I'm scared to buy it if it isn't listed in BBW...

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 08:12 PM
    Yeah, the link works, but I'm scared to buy it if it isn't listed in BBW...

Posted via CB10
    i asked the dev on what happened, he said he took it off BBW cuz the last update had a bug with the contacts, and he fixed it and the new update will appear by Tuesday

niss63 likes this.
    05-22-14 08:32 PM
    i asked the dev on what happened, he said he took it off BBW cuz the last update had a bug with the contacts, and he fixed it and the new update will appear by Tuesday

Aha, excellent news.

Because I was the one who reported the bug, and I was beginning to think he was ignoring it.
    FireChestApps likes this.
    05-23-14 04:12 AM
    Aha, excellent news.

Because I was the one who reported the bug, and I was beginning to think he was ignoring it.
    Any word on when the developer is going to make this available again on BBW? Just had to down grade from 10.3 back to 10.2, and when I go to reload my apps Backup Pro is no longer available. Not going to be a happy camper if I'm out paying $4.99 that I can't get back.
    That would not be AWESOME
    Last edited by Golf-Guy; 05-28-14 at 03:53 PM.
    05-28-14 03:31 PM
    Any word on when the developer is going to make this available again on BBW? Just had to down grade from 10.3 back to 10.2, and when I go to reload my apps Backup Pro is no longer available. Not going to be a happy camper if I'm out paying $4.99 that I can't get back.
    That would not be AWESOME
    just click on this link http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/50717887

05-28-14 07:17 PM
    just click on this link - BlackBerry World

I did and Blackberry World states: Unknown item: The requested item does not exist or is not available. (EC )
    Did check on Firechest Website, and dev states that there is a bug in Backup Pro. So I'm keep hope that things get corrected.
    05-28-14 07:46 PM
    I did and Blackberry World states: Unknown item: The requested item does not exist or is not available. (EC )
    Did check on Firechest Website, and dev states that there is a bug in Backup Pro. So I'm keep hope that things get corrected.
    oh but its available for me .
    The dev is not planning to go away from BB10 anytime soon, he said he likes BB a lot and will only make apps for BlackBerry 10 and will keep making more but he needs support from us users

05-28-14 08:42 PM
    Backup Pro is back on BBW xD

niss63 likes this.
    06-04-14 10:51 AM
    Yes Backup Pro is back online and now it's so fast (compared to the old version) that you will have to hold on to your hat!

Thanks to everyone who has sent in feedback.

I don't come to the forums so much anymore. Prefer to concentrate on the creative process. Currently working on adding SMS backup and sorting out some critical issues in Usage Pro.

Also working on a plan to deal with browser bookmarks. This will be in the form of an add-on app that not only manages your bookmarks, but also allows you to create a reading list which is cached offline (articles and embedded video). For example, you are about to get on a flight and still want to be able to read/watch online content in flight. Before you board, quickly "Share" each page within the browser to the bookmark app. Please let me know your thoughts.

Finally, could everyone please spread the word about Backup Pro amongst the BlackBerry community (forums, blogs, Twitter, Facebook). We have no marketing budget and rely solely on satisfied users to spread the word and recommend the app to others.

Much effort has gone in to making the app flawless - not just in function, but also in UI, design, and grammar. And the app is so essential to the OS that people will thank you for recommending it to them.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 04:30 PM
    Thanks for your efforts and time to develop this app. I just downloaded the app not only because I need it but also to support you devs.

Keep up the good work !
    06-05-14 04:47 PM
    How do we access Box for back-ups?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 01:26 AM
101 12345