Hi guys,

I've been searching for an app that supports the ability for my Classic to auto turn-on/turn-off Bedside Mode (i.e. at scheduled times), but unable to find anything so far.

Can anyone please push me in the right direction?

Many thanks.
    09-15-18 06:46 AM
    Hi guys,

I've been searching for an app that supports the ability for my Classic to auto turn-on/turn-off Bedside Mode (i.e. at scheduled times), but unable to find anything so far.

Can anyone please push me in the right direction?

Many thanks.
    An app in BBW called LaunchMe (toysoft) will do this but it is a paid app and you had to have purchased it beforehand. Maybe someone else will give you other suggestions but that is the only app I know of that can launch the Clock (and bedside mode) at a scheduled time.

*****Correction***** Sorry, this app will launch the Clock only and does not put it into Bedside Mode as I thought. I just tried it!
    09-15-18 11:46 AM
    Buy some NFC sticker and store settings on it. When you will put the phone o top of that sticker it will set the predefined settings.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-18 03:37 AM
    Buy some NFC sticker and store settings on it. When you will put the phone o top of that sticker it will set the predefined settings.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, but I'm looking for an easier solution, as opposed a hardware based one. I put my phone under my pillow, don't have a desk next to me.

Anyway, surely an app has to exist for such a basic functionality?
    09-16-18 11:29 AM
    Anyway, surely an app has to exist for such a basic functionality?
    I don't think one exists (I may be wrong, of course,lol). I've used bedside mode every night for 5 years now and I've never even thought about an app to do what you are wanting, but that's just me. Besides, I never go to bed at a consistent time.
    09-16-18 11:56 AM
    I added Bedside Mode to my Quick Settings a long time ago. I swipe down from the top of my screen, and there it is - quick tap and I'm done. That's as close to automatic as I'd ever need. (I too, go to bed at different times every night.)
    brookie229 likes this.
    09-16-18 01:32 PM
    Simple swipe down from the lock screen also does the trick (switch on the bed side mode)! EDIT: speaking about Passport not sure about Classic

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MeMeCe; 09-16-18 at 03:54 PM.
    09-16-18 03:40 PM
    I added Bedside Mode to my Quick Settings a long time ago. I swipe down from the top of my screen, and there it is - quick tap and I'm done. That's as close to automatic as I'd ever need. (I too, go to bed at different times every night.)
    Yep, that's the closest thing there is I know.

I go to bed at a pretty much regular time most nights, so an auto bedside mode would be a great option for me. Another issue is, I sometimes forget to put the phone back on / exit bedside mode, when I get up.
    09-16-18 03:54 PM
    Follow up question - is it in anyway possible to develop an app which auto launches bedside mode, for example, when plugging in the charger?
    12-08-18 06:21 AM
    ^^This is what I do. It's so fast and easy.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    12-08-18 08:22 AM
    Isn't Bedside Mode just really a profile like Silent, vibrate, etc. In which case, look at Profile Changer apps in BBW that are still free. I was going to suggest Profile Changer, also by Toy Soft, but you won't be able to access it as it was paid. I had a look and there are still some free profile changing apps available.

This is just the one at the top of the list and explicitly has bedside mode shown in its preview pictures http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/46380891 there are a few more

Posted via CB10
    12-08-18 10:41 AM
    Isn't Bedside Mode just really a profile like Silent, vibrate, etc.
    Nope, because the main advantage of Bedside Mode is to turn off all wireless connections, such as wifi, bluetooth, mobile (as opposed to merely quietening alerts).
    12-09-18 01:12 PM
    Nope, because the main advantage of Bedside Mode is to turn off all wireless connections, such as wifi, bluetooth, mobile (as opposed to merely quietening alerts).
    Ah yes, I remember now, that is an option. I guess as it's under your pillow you don't want it cooking your brain all night?

Did you try Nick Leonov's app 'Profiler' which mentions bedside mode in the app preview pictures? Does it just do the sound/alerts profile or can it properly control full bedside mode like you want it to?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-18 02:26 PM
    Follow up question - is it in anyway possible to develop an app which auto launches bedside mode, for example, when plugging in the charger?
    I have been using Power Clock for a number of years. It works very well. When you plug in to your charging cord, it will activate and when unplugged, the device goes back to normal mode.

Q10 Powered
    12-10-18 05:50 AM
    Ah yes, I remember now, that is an option. I guess as it's under your pillow you don't want it cooking your brain all night?
    Yep, exactly. Whilst the radiation is minimal when not being used, having it on every night for 7+ hours, next to my head - isn't the wisest of ideas; especially as a cumulative effect over a number of months/years.

Did you try Nick Leonov's app 'Profiler' which mentions bedside mode in the app preview pictures? Does it just do the sound/alerts profile or can it properly control full bedside mode like you want it to?
    Yeah I did try it. A very decent app, although it just silences the alerts (i.e. not a true bedtime mode).

I have been using Power Clock for a number of years. It works very well. When you plug in to your charging cord, it will activate and when unplugged, the device goes back to normal mode.
    Thanks, although looks like it was removed from the appstore.
    12-10-18 04:32 PM