App Name: Authomator
    Summary: Two-factor authentication codes on BlackBerry 10
    Link to BlackBerry World Listing: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/22517879/
    Price: Free ($2.99 in-app upgrade)

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd post up here to announce that Authomator is now released in BlackBerry World at BlackBerry World - Authomator. You can check out our site at Authomator - Two-Factor Authentication for BlackBerry 10.

Here's the Crackberry review of the app:
    Manage your 2-step authenticator codes with Authomator and its active frame | CrackBerry.com

Go download it now! It's free! (With an in-app upgrade available)
    Last edited by HorizonXP; 03-02-13 at 12:47 AM.
    Sith_Apprentice and Omnitech like this.
    03-01-13 08:01 PM
    Love this app. Made me fire up two-factor on a bunch of accounts again today.
    HorizonXP likes this.
    03-01-13 09:14 PM
    This app fits the Z10 perfectly... gorgeous and works perfectly.
    HorizonXP likes this.
    03-01-13 09:53 PM
    Horizon! We miss you on GTAM!
    03-02-13 05:16 AM
    Horizon! We miss you on GTAM!
    And I miss GTAM!

I haven't been riding in nearly a year. And you know that I'm in the Bay Area right now, with gorgeous weather and gorgeous roads, but no bike!
    03-02-13 12:29 PM
    We just updated our website. We added links to get support, and a blog where we'll be posting tutorials and other content.

Authomator

Setting Up Google Accounts to use Two-factor Authentication with Authomator
    Setting Up Dropbox to use Two-factor Authentication with Authomator
    03-03-13 12:22 AM
    Will there be support for Q10?
    07-01-13 05:31 AM
    Hey guys,

After a long time working on other projects, I finally got a chance to update Authomator. Updates will come more frequently now. The latest one, which is in BlackBerry World right now, adds Q10 and Q5 support. So for everyone that has been e-mailing me non-stop about it, there it is!
    07-06-13 02:40 AM
    Hey guys,

After a long time working on other projects, I finally got a chance to update Authomator. Updates will come more frequently now. The latest one, which is in BlackBerry World right now, adds Q10 and Q5 support. So for everyone that has been e-mailing me non-stop about it, there it is!
    Ads seem to be gone in free version.

I like that!

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    07-06-13 03:18 AM
    Ads seem to be gone in free version.

I like that!

Yeah, we got rid of them since the fill-rate seemed to be so low, so it just looked bad and didn't earn us much money. We may regret that decision, not sure. Either way, we're hoping to make the premium version more appealing with support for things like Battle.net, Verisign, PayPal, active clipboard, and desktop integration via Bluetooth.

Edit: Yeah, I just checked our advertising dashboard. 27,771 requests -> 6,134 impressions = 22.09% fill rate. Of those, the ads were clicked 13 times, for a grand total revenue of $0.10 USD.

So yeah, no brainer to remove the ads.
    Last edited by HorizonXP; 07-06-13 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Ad stats
    07-06-13 03:46 AM
    Yeah, we got rid of them since the fill-rate seemed to be so low, so it just looked bad and didn't earn us much money. We may regret that decision, not sure. Either way, we're hoping to make the premium version more appealing with support for things like Battle.net, Verisign, PayPal, active clipboard, and desktop integration via Bluetooth.

Edit: Yeah, I just checked our advertising dashboard. 27,771 requests -> 6,134 impressions = 22.09% fill rate. Of those, the ads were clicked 13 times, for a grand total revenue of $0.10 USD.

Lol that's insultingly low. Thanks for sharing, will not be considering ads for our apps in near future!
    07-06-13 04:18 AM

PayPal now supports two-factor? I didn't know that...

Honestly it has been said before but I find it appalling that social networking sites are supporting this but not banking websites. -_-

Anyway, I'm definitely considering the full version. Can the active frame be toggled off for security?

07-06-13 09:11 AM
    PayPal now supports two-factor? I didn't know that...

Honestly it has been said before but I find it appalling that social networking sites are supporting this but not banking websites. -_-

Anyway, I'm definitely considering the full version. Can the active frame be toggled off for security?

It can't currently be toggled off. I thought about adding that but... why not just close the app?
    07-06-13 04:29 PM
    It can't currently be toggled off. I thought about adding that but... why not just close the app?
    True...might be better implemented as just selecting none to be "the three displayed".

I'd rather you add horizontal support. In fact, can I use you as a test case respondent?

How difficult would it be for you to take Authomator as it is right now and change nothing else but make it rotation-supported?

You may say why for this type of app but I'm trying to support/push for universality in orientation so one can use the device entirely in any orientation they choose save for a select few necessary exceptions such as widescreen games or phone app in handset/ear mode.

07-06-13 06:16 PM
    I'd love to be able to rearrange the entries on the main screen. Any word on whether that is on your roadmap too? Thx!
    07-07-13 01:03 PM
    I would love to have battle.net support that's a good idea

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 09:56 AM
    Had never used 2FA on mobile devices so decided to give this a go. Awesome app! Enabled it on all the accounts that it could because the app was so slick an easy to help the process. Could have easily got by with the free version, but bought the paid to thank the dev for an awesome app.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 12:33 PM
    True...might be better implemented as just selecting none to be "the three displayed".

I'd rather you add horizontal support. In fact, can I use you as a test case respondent?

How difficult would it be for you to take Authomator as it is right now and change nothing else but make it rotation-supported?

You may say why for this type of app but I'm trying to support/push for universality in orientation so one can use the device entirely in any orientation they choose save for a select few necessary exceptions such as widescreen games or phone app in handset/ear mode.

So supporting landscape orientation is always a goal of mine when developing apps. In this case, it boiled down to three really simple reasons:

1) I couldn't come up with a way to make the items look good when in landscape; there's just too much empty space.
    2) The popup tutorials that we use are somewhat fixed in their size.
    3) Some of the other assets are restricted to portrait.

Moving to landscape orientation would require a redesign of some assets. Not impossible to do, but I've got other features that likely should be built out first.

I'd love to be able to rearrange the entries on the main screen. Any word on whether that is on your roadmap too? Thx!
    Waiting for the support in the 10.2 SDK. There are ways to do this in 10.1, but they're not elegant. I'd rather use the new ones in 10.2 to reduce my work, and to make it more in line with what the user expects.

I would love to have battle.net support that's a good idea

Posted via CB10
    Glad you think so!

Had never used 2FA on mobile devices so decided to give this a go. Awesome app! Enabled it on all the accounts that it could because the app was so slick an easy to help the process. Could have easily got by with the free version, but bought the paid to thank the dev for an awesome app.

Posted via CB10
    Glad you like it! Thanks for supporting us!
    08-28-13 04:21 AM
    Hey guys

If you want to stay up to date on the latest Authomator developments, join our channel.

Authomator - Two-factor authentication on BlackBerry 10-img_00000688_edit.png

C000B75EB

Posted via CB10
    joesworld likes this.
    08-28-13 04:44 AM
    Hey folks,

I just released a new beta version of Authomator to TestLab. It adds a new premium feature:

Automatic encrypted backups!

Now if you delete Authomator, when you reinstall it, your keys will come back! That also means that if you switch devices, they'll be there too!

I'd really appreciate as many people testing this as possible. Join the BBM Channel to get an invite!
    11-17-13 04:59 PM
    BBM sent through your channel. Useful app. Add a master password feature and forget about the other TFA apps in BBW.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2228 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2228
    03-15-14 01:56 AM