I posted this in the MLB At Bat 14 announcement thread a few days ago, but didn't receive a reply. I'm hoping by making it its own thread someone will have some advice.

I installed the At Bat 14 app when it was released on 2/25 and I was able to listen to audio of a game on Thursday 2/27. At first I had issues with the audio not playing, but I remembered having the same issue with At Bat 2013. To correct it, a post here advised to uninstall and reinstall the app and then restart the phone and that fixed it. So I did it again this year and that worked for Thursday's game. Since then, however, I've been unable to get audio to play for any game. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and restarted the phone several times but it didn't work. I restarted the phone both with a battery pull and by holding down the + and - volume keys on the side of my Z10, but it isn't working. Is anyone else having the same issues? Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Last edited by parothd95; 03-07-14 at 03:38 PM.
    03-07-14 03:24 PM
    I've emailed and spoken to MLB customer support twice with no success. One operator referred me to AT&T and the other to BlackBerry. Their email replies referred me to their FAQ page (gee, thanks) and the other suggested I call the MLB customer support line.

I've tried again a few times to uninstall and reinstall the app. This last time I did it, I can't get it to reinstall. I'm afraid it didn't uninstall correctly. I held down the icon and then clicked the trash can. That left a vacant space on my desktop where the app icon was. But when I go into BB World > My World > My Apps and Games, it's still listed under "installed". If it is uninstalled I believe it should be listed under "available". When I click on the app to open the page, I have the option to "open" instead of "download". So then I thought I would try to uninstall it by opening the At Bat app page and clicking on the vertical ... menu and selecting "uninstall". When I do that I get a box that gives me the option to cancel, uninstall, or delete. When I click on either "delete" or "uninstall", I get a box that says "failed to uninstall MLB.com At Bat 14". Anyone have a way to get the app completely uninstalled?

EDIT: I should have mentioned that I am also unable to open the app. So if it is still installed on my phone, it won't open.

Since I have AT&T, I haven't yet been given the 10.2 OS upgrade. I know that I can download it here and if I thought that would clear it up I would. But since I was able to get audio for the At Bat 14 app to play on 2/27, I don't think the OS is the issue.

My phone's audio works with other apps and it also is working with the archived video options in the At Bat 14 app. It's just the Gameday audio that won't play. It says it's playing, but there is no sound. And this is for every radio feed for every game.

Another strange issue is that I seem to be the only one having this problem. I've checked several forums and no one else is reporting issues with the audio. Unlike last season when several of us had issues, but we were able to correct them with the uninstall/reinstall/restart solution.

At this point I don't even care if I have to pay for the app again. I just want it to work. Any suggestions would be welcome.
    Last edited by parothd95; 03-08-14 at 07:43 PM.
    03-08-14 06:53 PM
    My audio won't play as well for the radio feed.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 04:26 PM
    Thanks for replying. Sorry you're having the same trouble, but I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one. Hopefully one of the wizards here will have a solution (*fingers crossed!*).
    03-10-14 11:07 PM
    Yesterday I installed the 10.2 update via Sachesi to my Z10. Love the update but it didn't solve the At Bat audio issue. One thing that I did notice is that as soon as the phone rebooted after the update, I had a box pop up that said something like "media audio issue has been corrected". Of course this raised my hopes, but when I launched At Bat and selected the Gameday audio, it didn't work. It said it was playing, like it always does, but there wasn't any audio no matter which game or radio feed I selected. After the update I also tried the uninstall/reinstall/reboot solution and that didn't help either.

After the update I also loaded the Snap app which will allow me to get Android apps. I am almost willing to purchase the Android version of At Bat and see if that works. I'd rather avoid paying for it again, if I can. But if no one has any suggestions, I think I might have to take a chance
    03-10-14 11:16 PM
    I think there's supposed to be an update prior to opening day. I'm not too worried since they're only spring training games. I'd this issue continues into the regular season then we'll have a problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 06:47 AM
    parothd95, I'm also having trouble with Gameday Audio on MLB At Bat 14. I saw your review on BB World for the app: my 1-star review is a few posts after yours. I love this app: I'm a Pittsburgh Pirates fan and now live in Maine, so it's the only way I can follow the Bucs. My AT&T Q10 was updated about a month ago to 10.2 (thanks to Sachesi and lots of good guidance in these forums). Tech support for MLB At Bat 14 has been in regular email contact with me, but I don't think they have a solution. One thing they did say is to make sure you don't have MLB At Bat 13 also installed on your phone. Their other solutions (also mentioned in this thread) have not worked. I went into BB World, My Apps and uninstalled MLB 14 and it showed up in the "Available" column with the other apps I uninstalled. I restarted the phone per their directions, then went back to BB World, My Apps, and reinstalled (it downloaded again). Still nothing. The audio plays beautifully on the Classic Games videos, but there's just dead silence on the Gameday Audio. Not sure what the next steps might be....
    03-19-14 04:09 PM
    MLB customer support found the problem and my audio is now working!!

Here's what I needed to do: Settings > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions > find the MLB 14 At Bat and make sure Device Identifying Information is set to ON. My was OFF but as soon as I changed it to ON the audio started playing.

Can't say enough good things about Mike at MLB.com customer support. After a few of my emails received nothing but canned replies, I had given up on them. But yesterday I received an email from Mike asking for more specific information about my phone, carrier, etc. He even worked with me over the phone and finally found the problem.

Hope this solution works for others as well.
    Heidi

EDIT: I tried posting this fix to the reviews on BB World but it won't let me since I already left a review. Guess you can't post twice and I can't find a way to edit that the one I already left. If someone else can post it there, I would appreciate it. I'd like to help get the word out. Thanks!
    dhbrell10 and wordworkr58 like this.
    03-19-14 05:37 PM
    MLB customer support found the problem and my audio is now working!!

Here's what I needed to do: Settings > Security and Privacy > Application Permissions > find the MLB 14 At Bat and make sure Device Identifying Information is set to ON. My was OFF but as soon as I changed it to ON the audio started playing.

Can't say enough good things about Mike at MLB.com customer support. After a few of my emails received nothing but canned replies, I had given up on them. But yesterday I received an email from Mike asking for more specific information about my phone, carrier, etc. He even worked with me over the phone and finally found the problem.

Hope this solution works for others as well.
    Heidi

EDIT: I tried posting this fix to the reviews on BB World but it won't let me since I already left a review. Guess you can't post twice and I can't find a way to edit that the one I already left. If someone else can post it there, I would appreciate it. I'd like to help get the word out. Thanks!
    This worked! Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 07:49 PM
    Excellent, glad it worked! Thanks for posting the fix to the BB World reviews. Hopefully it will solve the issue for other Users as well.

Play ball!!
    03-19-14 11:50 PM
    Excellent, glad it worked! Thanks for posting the fix to the BB World reviews. Hopefully it will solve the issue for other Users as well.

Play ball!!
    Ditto: the MLB At Bat 14 customer support was amazing and they stayed with until they found the problem. Let's Go Bucs!!!

Thanks dhbrell10 for posting that fix to BB World.
    03-20-14 08:49 PM
    Just got MLB At Bat and had no audio...this fixed it! Thanks!!!!
    04-03-14 01:23 PM