07-28-14 02:30 PM
59 123
tools
    Hey I think maybe everyone is requesting for tokens to load the apps now because I requested for one ages ago and I got it but I did so again, twice yesterday and got nothing.

Also, I've managed to load audible the new way but there are no sound coming out even though it shows that it is playing! Anybody have the same problem?

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 12:04 PM
    Hey I think maybe everyone is requesting for tokens to load the apps now because I requested for one ages ago and I got it but I did so again, twice yesterday and got nothing.

Also, I've managed to load audible the new way but there are no sound coming out even though it shows that it is playing! Anybody have the same problem?

Posted via CB10
    No, my audio is loud and clear with this app. I'm sure you checked your volume settings, so I don't know what else to suggest. Maybe reinstall?
    unbreakablej likes this.
    06-19-13 12:09 PM
    No, my audio is loud and clear with this app. I'm sure you checked your volume settings, so I don't know what else to suggest. Maybe reinstall?
    I was actually really glad u didn't suggest that I check the volume... I was thinking it is too obvious a point but part of me expected some double bag to point it out lol... I'm wondering if it is because I installed my. bar in a very weird way.. dragged and dropped the bar file myself because for some reason it didn't work. I used the new method that didn't required android sdk I think...

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 12:29 PM
    I tried to run my audible app just for chits and grins today, and low and behold it worked. I was able to stream from my library, I hadn't tried to download it though. I am on a BB bold 9900. The app I am using is for a torch I think.
    I will give it a few weeks n see how it goes and then re activate my subscibtion if all is good.
    06-22-13 03:16 PM
    Must be a multiple canned letters and depends on who answers your email what that canned letter says: mine said the same thing as yours:

Thank you for contacting Audible. My name is Jahnel and I am happy to help.

I understand you are interested in possible Audible playback options for your Blackberry Z10. I am sorry for the inconvenience but can surely advise you further.

The Audible for BlackBerry application has unfortunately become very outdated and as a result we are no longer able to provide support for BlackBerry phones or the Audible for BlackBerry mobile application. We've chosen to use our development resources on other mobile platforms and continue to evaluate opportunities to bring additional wireless access to our customers, and hope youíll check back for future updates.

I completely understand how convenient it is to access your audiobooks while on the go. Hopefully we may have a suitable solution for you at a later time.

If I can do anything else for you, please don't hesitate to contact us. Feel free to call our Customer Care at 1-888-283-5051 (USA & Canada), (US Country Code) 1-973-820-0400 (International) or simply reply to this email. We are here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Thank you once more for contacting Audible and have a great weekend!

Sincerely,
    Jahnel H

Audible Customer Support
    07-01-13 09:35 AM
    I tweeted them and there was no indication that there was no intention to bring an app to BB10 devices. In fact quite the opposite. Apparently they are working on something but aren't able to give an ETA yet. Quite frustrating.

Posted via Q10 goodness!!
    07-11-13 07:24 AM
    I just spoke to support on the phone (for a different issue) and asked about BB10 support. She indicated that they were no longer supporting BlackBerry.

I wonder why they don't just get the Android version running on BB10.

@marc_lepage developer of Alpha Memory and NeverMaze
    08-31-13 07:39 PM
    OK, judging by earlier in the thread, the Android version *does* work. So why don't they just release it? Even if it needs some testing and maybe a tweak or two, it's gotta be worth it.

Oh well, I'm off to try sideloading it...

@marc_lepage developer of Alpha Memory and NeverMaze
    08-31-13 07:50 PM
    No sideloading needed with this process:
    1. Install Amazon app store app on your BB10 device: Install Amazon Appstore
    2. Login with an Amazon account and download the Audible app
    3. Bob is your uncle
    07-28-14 02:30 PM
59 123