O that sucks, gotta use my 5 credits soon then. Another question, if we download and burn it into a cd, can we then copy it back to the computer and the drm would be gone?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 03:05 PM
    This is what they said to me about Blackberry 10-

The Audible for BlackBerry application has unfortunately become very outdated and as a result we are no longer able to provide support for BlackBerry phones or the Audible for BlackBerry mobile application. We've chosen to use our development resources on other mobile platforms and continue to evaluate opportunities to bring additional wireless access to our customers, and hope you�ll check back for future updates.
    06-03-13 09:59 PM
    Yes I believe that works. I've been burning my cd's to a virtual drive with nero which makes an Image file. Then I load the image files using daemon tools lite program to a virtual cd drive, then use winamp (full version) to rip the files to mp3. Takes a bit but then you have mp3 files forever.
    06-03-13 10:02 PM
    O that's perfect. Thanks for the tip. Too bad audible Canada doesn't have the tawny man trilogy. On that note any of you guys have a fantasy series to recommend?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 10:06 PM
    Try World Without End. Dodger by Terry Pratchet
    Oh and Homunculus, classic Sci-fi.

I usually get a mailing list with recommendations for my favourite categories!!!

I love Audible but I am so tempted to cancel too!

Shall send them an email again and see what they say!!! This is pretty annoying as their audible app is pretty awesome on the iPad!!!
    06-04-13 01:54 AM
    Just got this reply today:

I understand that you would like to get an update as to when and if the Blackberry device will become compatible. I am able to advise you on this.

Audible is currently working on making all existing devices compatible. While the brand is not new to our service and was taken off because of some issues the format generated on it, there is a general interest in consumers like you to convert the entire 'Blackberry' model brand into an Audible supported device. As of right now however, the Blackberry devices are not Audible ready.

Even though we currently do not have a time frame on its availability, you are always welcome to visit www.audible.co.uk/devices and check our updated models. When a device is made compatible, the manufacturer of the device changes the firmware so that the device can read and play back the .aa file format we use on our website. These .AA files are special encrypted files to insure the copy right law protection we have with our publishers. We are more than willing to support yours and every device; however, the manufacturer of 'Blackberry' Smartphone has not expressed an interest to make it compatible with our service as yet. Our company actually has aspirations to be compatible with every device on the market and that continues to remain one of our goals. We do know that this device as been requested before and there is not a standard number of requests for a petition to have this added.

I have however sent another form to our team to get further updates on this issue.

Posted via CB10
    shadwellal likes this.
    06-04-13 06:09 AM
    I have a question, if I choose to cancel, will my remaining credits be wiped or will they remain till i choose to resume my subscription?

Posted via CB10
    I used my credits and then canceled.
    However, after I did cancel I noticed the books that I got that month all were removed from my library.
    I called and they gave me more credits to replace them, I thought I was done. Today, a week later I noticed another book was missing and called again. This time the girl told me about 20 books were removed and couldn't tell me why. So, she and I went through all of the removed books and she added them all back.

So, to some it up,
    --several books were removed from library, do not know why, nor do I know when exactly it all happened.
    -- Audible support either put the books back or gave me credits to replace them.

No way in hell can I burn all of these to CD, so I will prolly end up downloading them all to a removable HDD.
    06-06-13 01:12 PM
    I sent my email off asking when a BB10 app will be ready. Hope lots of other people do as well so they get interested.
    06-10-13 05:20 AM
    I sent my email off asking when a BB10 app will be ready. Hope lots of other people do as well so they get interested.
    try this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...-world-778988/
    06-10-13 10:45 AM
    Cool but sometimes there really is a disparity between the quality of free and paid audio books. The ones on audible are usually pretty awesome and I have certain "readers" that I go for si I am hoping they will make a native app!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 11:46 AM
    Has anyone tried the new method of getting android apps to see if the Audible app will work?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 03:17 PM
    Good ide I think I will try so tomorrow!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 04:23 PM
    I've cancelled audible twice and each time my books have remained in the library and then I can repeatedly download to whichever medium I need. I'm so disappointed with audible though for not having a BlackBerry App.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 03:12 AM
    To those asking if the new way of side loading works, i can tell you that it DOES indeed work. The process of doing it has gotten much simpler since I did it so if you follow the instructions you should be done in about half an hour.

One caveat is I don't think it's possible to download the audio books to your SD card

audible.com BB10 application is coming!-img_00000317.png

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 09:00 AM
    To those asking if the new way of side loading works, i can tell you that it DOES indeed work. The process of doing it has gotten much simpler since I did it so if you follow the instructions you should be done in about half an hour.
    Oh wow, that is great news! What is this new way of side loading? Where can I find more info? Do you know if the Whispersync for Voice works normally on BB10? I assume this is on 10.2, right?
    06-16-13 12:46 PM
    Everything you need to know is here. First page.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...erry10-817781/

With regards to whisper sync, I don't think it works, at least with the version I have working. You basically have to find the version that is 2.3.3. Since we only have 10.1. Pretty much the majority of the apps that are 2.3.3 will work using this method.

Once we do get 10.2 though, I imagine we can use most of the apps that require JB like vine.

There is a but however, this new method requires you to create and install a debug token on your phone. These tokens expire 30 days after activation. So you will have to renew the token after a month. I'm not quite sure if the apps installed using this token goes away or stays. I guess I'll find out in 30 days lol. Renewing the token should be easy as well. Better than nothing until amazon smartens up and gives us a native app.

It might sound confusing now but if you follow the instructions it should make more sense. Have fun!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 02:19 PM
    Great, thanks for the info. I hadn't seen that post, will start playing with that soon, I need to set up my Android development environment which I haven't done on this computer yet.

I believe that the apps signed with the debug token stop working after 30 days then you have to send the debug token again. I'm a developer and a few months ago created an Adobe Air app just to try out some things and it worked perfectly on the phone, a few weeks later when I started the app it closed immediately. I sent the debug token again to the phone when I started playing with native code and Cascades and the Adobe Air app started working again. So when the Audible app on your phone stops working, you will have to send the debug token to the phone again. You can keep the app. At least that was my experience.

I don't mind if they only give us the Android version of the app, I just want it to work!!! Audible is the only thing that is giving me Android envy every time I see my husband's Nexus 4, lol.

I can't wait until 10.2.

Another question, how do I find a 2.3.3 version of the app? Maybe using an Android 2.3.3. simulator to download the apps and extract the APK from there? I have a Nexus tablet, I usually download the apps from the Play Store there and then extract the APK to convert them and install them on my phone, but maybe I will get a Jellybean version of the app?
    06-16-13 07:14 PM
    I'm using the latest version of Audible and it's pretty much flawless. Mind you I'm 10.2.341 so I'm also running the 4.2.2 Runtime.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 07:16 PM
    Just wanted to confirm that Whispersync for Voice works on the sideloaded version of the app.
    Love it!
    Now my Z10 is complete, no more Android envy

Now if Audible doesn't want to give us at least the Android port officially via Blackberry World after 10.2 we'll need to smack them upside their head :P
    06-16-13 08:17 PM
    i really like the audible service... hope it comes it sooner
    06-17-13 10:21 AM
    I wonder if the audible android app will work? Can someone please port it or something? Please?

Just read the the above posts. Do I need an android device to be able to Dow load the. Apk if I try using the new method?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 03:41 AM
    I wonder if the audible android app will work? Can someone please port it or something? Please?

Just read the the above posts. Do I need an android device to be able to Dow load the. Apk if I try using the new method?

Posted via CB10
    It works. You don't need an Android device. Use this link, http://bit.ly/adbl_v145_b508-market, from this thread, http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8656618, to get the .apk file.
    unbreakablej likes this.
    06-18-13 10:03 AM
    Everything you need to know is here. First page.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...erry10-817781/

With regards to whisper sync, I don't think it works, at least with the version I have working. You basically have to find the version that is 2.3.3. Since we only have 10.1. Pretty much the majority of the apps that are 2.3.3 will work using this method.

Once we do get 10.2 though, I imagine we can use most of the apps that require JB like vine.

There is a but however, this new method requires you to create and install a debug token on your phone. These tokens expire 30 days after activation. So you will have to renew the token after a month. I'm not quite sure if the apps installed using this token goes away or stays. I guess I'll find out in 30 days lol. Renewing the token should be easy as well. Better than nothing until amazon smartens up and gives us a native app.

It might sound confusing now but if you follow the instructions it should make more sense. Have fun!

Posted via CB10
    You do not need to renew the token to RUN an application, only to LOAD it.

Loaded apps will remain working after the token is expired or if it is removed.
    araskin likes this.
    06-18-13 10:49 AM
    Huhhm that's good to know. Thanks for the info!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 03:23 PM
    Any hint as to how to pry a token or two from Blackberry? I sent a request yesterday at noon, and have heard nothing since receiving a confirmation of my request received about a half hour after I sent it. I waited 3 hrs and sent query to the support link provided in the confirmation email. Have checked all spam filters, and found nothing.

So I sent another request about 8am this morning, again received a confirmation, and again nothing since.

Do they mean 2 hours on some other planet where hours are acutally days long? HELP!
    06-19-13 10:28 AM
59 123