Yesterday I e-mailed audible.com regarding a BB10 app and I got this response.

I understand you're wondering when your Blackberry Z10 Platform will be compatible with Audible. We are so sorry that the new and improved Audible App for this device has not been released as yet and will be glad to look into this for you.

At this time, the the Blackberry 10 Platform does not allow playback of Audible content. This is because the Blackberry Z10 Platform supports a different OS than the earlier versions of the BlackBerry and we are still crafting an app that is fully compatible with this new OS.

This combined with the fact that we intend to do a serious overhaul for the application itself is causing a slight delay in the application being released. We are extremely sorry about this and will be working assiduously to have this App created as soon as possible.

I have already submitted your email address to the Apps team in regards to the Blackberry Z10 App and they will get back to you as soon as any additional information is available on it. If you would like to be a part of any future beta testing or to be notified of any other future applications for Audible and any device, please send an email to [email protected].

Thanks again for contacting Audible, I hope this was satisfactory and had addressed your issue.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues, feel free to use the reply feature above or call our customer care numbers at:
    1-888-283-5051 (USA & Canada)
    (US Country Code) 1-973-820-0400 (International)
    We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

For further assistance please use the reply button above to contact Audible's Customer Care.

So the audible.com app is coming
    Who knows when though
    03-03-13 08:00 AM
    Thanks for sharing. I've wanted this app before.

It sounded a hassle to get a working audio book on a Bold.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 05:56 PM
    So the audible.com app is coming
    Who knows when though
    I just emailed them too, I will see if I can press them for a release window.
    03-22-13 09:47 AM
    I signed up for audible yesterday because they had an audiobook I wanted to listen to on my Z10 when running. I paid for the book, downloaded it, but couldn't put it on my phone, and couldn't strip the DRM without buying some 3rd party application.

I cancelled my subscription right away and found another way to get my audiobook.
    03-22-13 10:13 AM
    I also contacted them. I got the same response. Hopefully they will get it done soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 05:46 AM
    I'm looking forward to an BB10 app for my phone as I have a number of Audible books that I would like to use on my phone. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later!
    03-23-13 03:47 PM
    This is good news. I'm a subscriber, and I really didn't like having to give this up. For me, this is the last major app whose absence gave me reason to hesitate about getting a Z10 this week.

I know it won't be quick getting here, but as long as I know it's in development, I'm okay with it. It took months for them to get it on WP.
    03-23-13 03:55 PM
    Anyone using a DRM-removal tool for Audible files that you like? I've emailed Audible and get no schedule of a release of a BB10 app, just vague replies. They have had plenty of time to prepare a BB10 app.

I plan to strip the DRM from the books I bought to listen to them on the Z10. Commercial DRM removal tool shows as $35 US, rather expensive for my limited need. What are you using?
    03-27-13 11:16 AM
    What email address did you send to get a response? I sent to [email protected] and never got a response.

I have a list of other developers and their email addresses in the following thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-out-781831/
    03-27-13 11:54 AM
    Anyone using a DRM-removal tool for Audible files that you like?
    I haven't found anything that works yet. I agree that $35 is a little pricey.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 06:16 PM
    Oh that is awesome I hope it works for audible.co.uk too? The audible app on ipad is awesome. Much better than iTunes so I actually uses it a lot! I've emailed them the moment I got my z10 but they gave a vague reply before so hopefully we will get something soon!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 06:18 PM
    What email address did you send to get a response? I sent to [email protected] and never got a response.

I have a list of other developers and their email addresses in the following thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-out-781831/
    Yes, that was the email address I used. First response was the do not have a BB10 app. No mention of being in development. So I responded that this ignorance by them is forcing me to resort to stripping DRM from the files to listen to books that I own. I told them to get back to me with whomever I need to talk to about getting this app. Nothing so far.

So I will ignore the DMCA and strip DRM from these files that I purchased legally and own to be able to listen to them on my BB10. Nice when companies force you to ignore the law, eh?
    03-27-13 10:59 PM
    It is disappointing that Audible is not already available on the Z10! Let's hope they don't take too to release the app.
    04-02-13 11:15 PM
    Here was the reply I received from Audible today after writing to them about canceling Blackberry support completely as of 4/26/13 - don't hold your breath....

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by this situation.

The Audible for BlackBerry application has unfortunately become very outdated and as a result we are no longer able provide support for BlackBerry phones or the Audible for BlackBerry mobile application itself. We've chosen to use our development resources on other mobile platforms and continue to evaluate opportunities to bring additional wireless access to our customers, and hope you’ll check back for future updates.

Your feedback has been forwarded to the proper department so it can be reviewed and taken into consideration. We always appreciate customer input, since it lets us know how we can improve.

If you need assistance about any other topic, feel free to contact us either by replying to this email or by calling us at 1-888-283-5051.
    05-02-13 05:39 PM
    Here was the reply I received from Audible today after writing to them about canceling Blackberry support completely as of 4/26/13 - don't hold your breath....

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by this situation.

The Audible for BlackBerry application has unfortunately become very outdated and as a result we are no longer able provide support for BlackBerry phones or the Audible for BlackBerry mobile application itself. We've chosen to use our development resources on other mobile platforms and continue to evaluate opportunities to bring additional wireless access to our customers, and hope you’ll check back for future updates.

Your feedback has been forwarded to the proper department so it can be reviewed and taken into consideration. We always appreciate customer input, since it lets us know how we can improve.

If you need assistance about any other topic, feel free to contact us either by replying to this email or by calling us at 1-888-283-5051.
    This sucks hard. I can't believe that such a popular service would not put the effort into developing a BlackBerry App. I already moved my account to an annual subscription and I'm considering canceling it altogether. I'm so disappointed in them. First with not supporting the 9930 now with the Z10/Q10 and then to top it off completely dropping support for BlackBerry. This really sucks.
    05-02-13 07:23 PM
    Also just call Audible - and they confirmed that there will be no support/development going forward for BBOS or BB10 - I will have to cancel my account unless I can get an Android port to work.
    05-07-13 11:03 AM
    Also just call Audible - and they confirmed that there will be no support/development going forward for BBOS or BB10 - I will have to cancel my account unless I can get an Android port to work.
    Yes, it looks like they made a recent decision to pull the plug on BlackBerry altogether. I tweeted them about a month ago for an update, and got a reply yesterday that there would be no BlackBerry option. The Android app won't work, apparently because it has native Android code in it. I cancelled my account yesterday.

I'm trying out Audiobooks.com, a similar service. They don't have a BB app, but they haven't categorically stated they won't make one. I urge all disgruntled Audible subscribers to request an app from Audiobooks.com. In the meantime, their web app does work in the BB10 browser. I've been using it since yesterday. There are some glitches, but not too serious. They are:

1. The +30 and -30 buttons don't seem to work.
    2. The web app seems to set the device volume to zero when you resume a book. It took me a while to figure out that this had happened and to crank the volume back up.

Obviously it would be better to be able to download the books and playback in offline mode, but at least the web app works for streaming.
    05-07-13 11:32 AM
    Sigh. This is their loss. As someone who wants to get into audiobooks, Audible looked like the one place that I could have actually spent a good amount of money in.
    05-23-13 10:36 PM
    I too would spend a lot of money at Audible. Strange since it seems "easy" to port from android to BB10... Their loss indeed.
    05-28-13 01:34 PM
    Tweeted yesterday and got a reply. Promptly sent a mail too!

"audible_com: We're sorry, we currently do not support Blackberry. For more info, email [email protected]"

Fill their inbox with "please bring to BlackBerry 10!"

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 03:22 AM
    "Thank you for contacting Audible Social Support!

Sorry to hear about your frustration with our recent decision to no longer support BlackBerry devices.

Unfortunately, we can no longer support BlackBerry devices because the Audible for BlackBerry application has unfortunately become very outdated, and as a result, we are no longer able to provide support for BlackBerry phones or the Audible for BlackBerry mobile application.

Even though the BB10 is a new and capable Smartphone, we've chosen to use our development resources on other mobile platforms and continue to evaluate opportunities to bring additional wireless access to our customers, and we hope you?ll check back for future updates.

With that said, you can still download the Audible experience to about 800 devices, including iOS devices, Android devices, Windows Phone and hundreds of the most popular digital audio /MP3 players.

Thank you for understanding. Have a great day."

That will be me unsubscribing then...

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 03:38 PM
    Ignore this blank message
    05-29-13 04:37 PM
    Just called them, same thing. I cancelled...
    So now I have around 100 or so books that I cant listen to without buying some other media device (I have a Sony walkman MP3 Player that isn't supported as well). I could burn some books to CD, but good grief it takes 12 or more CDs sometimes.
    This digital media crap is getting old fast. I am sick and tired of being forced to buy or use something.
    05-30-13 11:46 AM
    I have a question, if I choose to cancel, will my remaining credits be wiped or will they remain till i choose to resume my subscription?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 11:11 PM
    They wipe the credits. I chose the books I wanted and then cancelled. This is so annoying with audible. I love listening to books on long journeys. I'm going to have to burn them to cd in the meantime.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 01:57 AM
59 123