Was thinking if I should download ARKick to try it out, or wait for Wikitude to release their final version.

Does ARKick work really well and worth the money??

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 04:36 PM
    I have tried both and ARKick is much, much better. At least at the moment. A lot more results in my area, better browsing. It will probably get more support than the Wikitude app, I have only seen one update from them so far. They are both apps that use a lot of phone resources (memory/battery), but they are not meant to be running all the time in the background anyway.
    Paying a few bucks for an app like this feels like a steal to me, just skip your next cup of coffee.

I know it is tempting to try and set up your phone with 100% free apps, but sometimes paid versions really are the better option.
    09-23-13 05:03 PM
    Thanks man!

That's a really good reply! Haha.. but would you say that this is one of the must have apps for my z10?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 05:24 PM
    Depends, are you a consumer or a prosumer?
    I would not call this a must-have app for everyone. Look at it this way:
    How often are you in the city, looking for a certain shop you can not find anywhere? Or maybe you want to eat out, but do not know any new restaurants? If you are in the mood for some music, but do not know any venues, look them up. The app is made for those situations, when you want to find something new in your area. You can use the browser of course, this app is just an easy shortcut. And it's visual which adds a nice effect and interface.
    If you are never in that kind of position, this app is probably not for you.
    09-23-13 05:51 PM
    Yeah I do like those information from time to time.

I use foursquare for that sometimes, but it's not giving me too much information too..

Plus, the UI looks really cool too.. hahaha!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 06:36 PM
    I'm concerned about the accuracy of the app though.. Like are the suggestions and locations accurate?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 06:37 PM
    I've used Wikitude for my Torch and had more results than Airkick. Probably depends on the area.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:58 PM
    I have AR kick it's great. You should get it well worth the $3.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    09-24-13 03:07 AM
    just btw: i think ARKick uses the Wikitude SDK
    NicolaR likes this.
    09-24-13 04:12 AM
    Cool I think I will get it

What is it powered by though? Like the locations etc.. where does it get its information from?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 07:54 AM
    ARKick vs Wikitude-img_00000006.png
    Shot taken from within the app. I am not sure about the wikitude SDK (could not find it in-app), but they might use such information as well.
    So FB and Foursquare information for sure, with login possibility announced.
    The current benefit over using the Foursquare app is of course the realtime view.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    09-24-13 10:29 AM
    MUCH better. ARKick is any day better than wikitude
    09-24-13 12:10 PM
    @julianrt is spot on - ARKick uses the Wikitude SDK to power the AR functions. When we released our Wikitude SDK for BlackBerry, ARKick was our featured user. We worked closely with the folks from Refocus Labs, providing assistance and support in helping them create a fantastic user experience.

And considering that ARKick just took home the top prize at the BlackBerry Jam Hackathon award, we're extremely proud to be a part of this project.
    julianrt likes this.
    09-30-13 02:45 AM
    Arkick is no joke. When I tried it out I was skeptical I admit. I thought it might kinda sorta maybe work almost well. I was wrong. It's actually precise, accurate, native application that makes your phone feel like something from the future. Awesome app. Make other mapping programs feel like they are missing this.

Posted via SEGA master system
    09-30-13 02:54 AM
    I have tried both and ARKick is much, much better. At least at the moment. A lot more results in my area, better browsing. It will probably get more support than the Wikitude app, I have only seen one update from them so far. They are both apps that use a lot of phone resources (memory/battery), but they are not meant to be running all the time in the background anyway.
    Paying a few bucks for an app like this feels like a steal to me, just skip your next cup of coffee.

I know it is tempting to try and set up your phone with 100% free apps, but sometimes paid versions really are the better option.
    I very much agree with your last statement. Although using the free app to demo a purchase is always recommended I find, then buying the full if you like it. The best features are usually payed for, and more importantly, the developers will realize that developing for bb10 is worth it.

Posted via SEGA master system
    09-30-13 02:58 AM