Hello everyone,
    ReFocus Tech is proud to announce that the award winning Augmented Reality app ARKICK has been updated to v2.0 on BB World!

ARKick updated to v2.0 - now live on BlackBerry World-arkick-2-featured-image.png

With this update, ReFocus boasts a completely new feature “Virtual Locations”. With Virtual Locations, all you have to do is enter a date, time and a place. In return, the app will consider that you are currently at the said place, and filter places with that context. This is very useful in preparing for future journeys, outings, and visits.

Along with that, the next biggest difference users will notice is a new ‘homescreen’ with shortcuts to the most frequently used categories, as well as one for the sidekick engine. This makes browsing for places in ARKick a lot faster than before.

v2.0.3.1 Changelogs:
    * You can now view places in a 'List mode' via a button on the top right of the AR view
    * BlackBerry Maps integration
    * Revamped info page now more compact with native interface
    * Option available to directly call a place (if provided)
    * Virtual Location search box changed to native search box
    * Google Map view updated with Traffic Layer
    * Share ARKick with #arkick option
    * Bug fixes

v2.0.2.1 Changelogs:

• Improved Sidekick Engine (Better suggestions via more contextual filters)
    • Revamped user interface
    • Home screen shortcuts for frequently used categories and sidekick engine
    • Virtual locations – Experience any place in AR view, without having to go there!
    • Estimation of time to destination
    • More compact info page, showing only necessary information
    • Map now enhanced with a traffic layer
    • Multiple category selection
    • New app icon, in preparation for Blackberry 10.3
    • Optimized for Z10, Z30, Q10, Q5
    • Drastically reduced loading/wait time
    • Reduced file size from 12mb to 6mb

ReFocus Tech has also launched a teaser video for ARKick 2.0 dubbed "ARKick Reloaded":

ABOUT ARKICK

‘ARKick is your personalilzed contextual Augmented Reality Sidekick.'
    ARKick is the world's leading contextual Augmented Reality app which helps you find nearby places in the most innovative way ever!
    Use ARKick to find places in the camera view based on your context- location, weather, time and also based on trending places near you via our Sidekick Engine.

ARKick Features:
    - Easy to use augmented reality experience
    - Sidekick Mode- Personalized recommendations based on our contextual engine
    - Over 200 different categories of places to select from
    - Multiple selection of categories
    - Virtual Location (Experience any place in AR view, without having to go there)
    - Shortcuts to frequently searched categories on home screen
    - Get detailed information about places (Phone no, directions, address, ratings, etc)
    - Get to know the time to reach a place, depending on traffic conditions

ARKick Awards:
    - Winner of AngelHack Start-Up Asia Pacific Challenge 2013
    - People's Choice Award at Blackberry Jam Asia

Apart from showing places, the user can get information like time to reach the place, directions in a map view, an option to call, ratings and other essential information. The app works internationally.

ABOUT REFOCUS TECH

ReFocus Tech is a technology startup working on application, game and web development. Currently focusing on Augmented Reality technologies, contextual apps and 3D Game Development. ReFocus Tech creates optimal and quick solutions for challenging problems, be it an app or a website – no fuss, just honest hard work and a great team.
    For more information visit: ReFocus Tech

Previously ‘ReFocus Tech’ was known as ‘ReFocus Labs’.

ARKick for BlackBerry 10 is available on the BlackBerry® World™ storefront for $2.99: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US

BBM Pin: C004D92DA

Please use this thread as an official venue to post bugs, feedback, crash reports and any other comments related to ARKick v2.0. Alternatively you may contact us on via of the official contact channels
    Last edited by Puneet Kohli; 09-01-14 at 03:45 PM.
    tryfe, Korepab and Mecca EL like this.
    08-12-14 12:59 PM
    We look forward to your support and feedback to make your experience with ARKicK as great as possible!!
    08-12-14 01:23 PM
    Why am I being asked to pruchase the "virtual locations" option for .99?
    08-12-14 01:29 PM
    Virtual Location has issues with the search bar (deleting text while typing) and saving the location once set.

Also, seems the sidekick engine doesn't support some languages...

I'm a little disappointed, but it's still pretty cool.
    ARKick updated to v2.0 - now live on BlackBerry World-img_20140812_135617.png
    08-12-14 01:58 PM
    Virtual Location has issues with the search bar (deleting text while typing) and saving the location once set.

Also, seems the sidekick engine doesn't support some languages...

I'm a little disappointed, but it's still pretty cool.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140812_135617.png 
Views:	1439 
Size:	440.4 KB 
ID:	290387
    Hi,
    We're sorry but we were not able to add language support to the markers due to limitations of the technology we are currently using.
    You will however observe that the utility bar displays the name of the respective place without any difficulty. Also the deleting of text from the search bar is due to the predictive typing feature of bb10.

Hope that helps.
    Thanx
    08-12-14 02:41 PM
    Cool, bought it, and it looks great. But im also seeing the. 99 extra for virtual locations.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 02:50 PM
    Hi,
    We're sorry but we were not able to add language support to the markers due to limitations of the technology we are currently using.
    You will however observe that the utility bar displays the name of the respective place without any difficulty. Also the deleting of text from the search bar is due to the predictive typing feature of bb10.

Hope that helps.
    Thanx
    I've developed on BlackBerry10 for a few months now and I'm pretty familiar with what is possible, the predictive text had nothing to do with it. There's some kind of poor validation happening. Or you're not actually using a textbox. Please understand that a complaint about the functionality of a paid feature deserves at least a second look.
    08-12-14 02:54 PM
    To me it's a money grab for updating the app...... But, I did purchase the option.
    08-12-14 02:55 PM
    To me it's a money grab for updating the app...... But, I did purchase the option.
    Same. I think it woukd be better if they just raised the price to 3.99 for the whole package, although that might be just my opinion. Still an awesome app.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 03:04 PM
    @this and your previous post: Being completely honest with you, we had to keep it as a paid feature due to technical/API limitations. We'd have love to give it our for free (which was our initial plan) but unfortunately it couldn't work out that way. The only alternative we had was to scrap the whole feature - which wouldn't make sense after the amount of hard work our team had put into it.
    08-12-14 03:12 PM
    @this and your previous post: Being completely honest with you, we had to keep it as a paid feature due to technical/API limitations. We'd have love to give it our for free (which was our initial plan) but unfortunately it couldn't work out that way. The only alternative we had was to scrap the whole feature - which wouldn't make sense after the amount of hard work our team had put into it.
    Honestly 3.99 imho is still completely acceptable for this app. Well done guys.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 03:32 PM
    When will bbm be integrated ?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 04:03 PM
    I purchased nonetheless...
    08-12-14 04:18 PM
    great app!

my only gripe is that when there are 2 places close to each other the 1 "label" is on top of the other, so you can only select the one on top.
    Mr_F likes this.
    08-12-14 04:29 PM
    Why do I have to pay 0.99 extra for virtual location? I'll stick around foursquare delete as we speak

Z10 ?
    08-12-14 05:32 PM
    Why do I have to pay 0.99 extra for virtual location? I'll stick around foursquare delete as we speak

Z10 ?
    The thread really isn't that long, that question was answered.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 05:48 PM
    I would like the ability to type in more specific searches, as opposed to being limited to categories.

I also have the same issue with labels being on top of each other, making it hard to select certain ones.

I would also like BBM integration, to provide the ability to locate BBM contacts (if they have it in their settings to be able to be found) within the range of the app. I believe it was Wikitude that had this functionality on BBOS.

The app is excellent and pretty accurate. I have used it to prior to this update to figure out exactly where something was located, when my GPS got my in the vicinity. I haven't purchased the virtual location option yet, but will definitely do so.

Keep up the developments. They're much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Mr_F likes this.
    08-12-14 10:40 PM
    Never mind...lol

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-13-14 01:20 AM
    Looks cool! Will have to give it a go.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-13-14 01:39 AM
    Thanks for the hard work on the update. I gladly purchased the Virtual Location feature and look forward to trying it.
    08-13-14 04:21 PM
    I've developed on BlackBerry10 for a few months now and I'm pretty familiar with what is possible, the predictive text had nothing to do with it. There's some kind of poor validation happening. Or you're not actually using a textbox. Please understand that a complaint about the functionality of a paid feature deserves at least a second look.
    We have fixed the bug and it will be out in the next update.
    Thank you for your feedback.
    cbosdell and QXS like this.
    08-14-14 02:57 AM
    Thanks for the hard work on the update. I gladly purchased the Virtual Location feature and look forward to trying it.
    Thanks for supporting!
    cbosdell likes this.
    08-18-14 03:12 AM
    ARKick Updated to v2.0.3.1

Changelogs:
    - You can now view places in a 'List mode' via a button on the top right of the AR view
    - BlackBerry Maps integration
    - Revamped info page now more compact with native interface
    - Option available to directly call a place (if provided)
    - Virtual Location search box changed to native search box
    - Google Map view updated with Traffic Layer
    - Share ARKick with #arkick option
    - Bug fixes
    09-01-14 03:44 PM