Best apps for music. I used songza. Is there an app to download music? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 07:40 PM
    Spotify?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 04:34 PM
    I use "Music Search" in blackberry world it's free and all songs are free (btw the app's logo is a blue ish green music note)

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 10:09 PM
    I use Slacker. Free version lets you stream, paid version lets you save some music for offline listening.

Free painless downloading of music can be found from the internet archive, but it takes some searching (and a little guessing! ) to find it.

There are various ways to download from Youtube but some music allows it and some not depending on the copyright, and the ways to do it seem to work for awhile and then they change.

SD card transfer works too, if you have music on your computer you can stick it on your SD card that you use in your phone, also a great way to share music or to get it off your cd's if your computer has a cd slot.
    11-08-15 06:19 AM
    I like Slacker, Rhapsody, Songza, Jazz Radio, Ministry of Sound radio, Pandora, SoundCloud, SiriusXM... only a couple of these are in BlackBerry World though.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 12:19 PM
    Well crap... I see that there is some issue with Slacker now. What the heck...

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 12:33 PM
    Has anyone had any luck with SoundCloud? I can't get the native BB10 version working.
    12-31-19 04:13 PM
    I know people do do not like Nemory and his new apps that seem like piracy of others apps and theft of people's money but I have lost my favorite music streaming service 8tracks which closed today. I have been trying to get SoundCloud working with no luck but I did get Sound 10 for SoundCloud working. It's not perfect but it works and so far I am enjoying it free.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    01-01-20 08:21 AM
    I use Deezer, I think the current version works, otherwise there is a version in BBW. There is even an old java app of Deezer I can run on my old Nokia 808 - that is compability!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-20 08:32 AM
    I use Deezer, I think the current version works, otherwise there is a version in BBW. There is even an old java app of Deezer I can run on my old Nokia 808 - that is compability!

Posted via CB10
    I cannot seem to get the version from the Blackberry World store working. I'm logged in but nothing works

01-01-20 01:30 PM
    I guess I'm boring. I just use the stock music player, which I like. But I own all my own files, generally.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    Mecca EL and BronzeBeard like this.
    01-01-20 01:33 PM
    I cannot seem to get the version from the Blackberry World store working. I'm logged in but nothing works

Strange! I just checked my version and it's the one from BBW, 5.4.21.97, works flawless.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-20 01:50 PM
    I guess I'm boring. I just use the stock music player, which I like. But I own all my own files, generally.

Guess it's about what you say, ownership. Haven't had mp3:s for a long time - since music services became so cheap. Have som cd:s and vinyl records left, that's all

Posted via CB10
    01-01-20 01:55 PM
    I know people do do not like Nemory and his new apps that seem like piracy of others apps and theft of people's money but I have lost my favorite music streaming service 8tracks which closed today. I have been trying to get SoundCloud working with no luck but I did get Sound 10 for SoundCloud working. It's not perfect but it works and so far I am enjoying it free.

I’m sorry but I’ve had no problems with iTunes or Apple Music, and I believe Google through Android offers alternative solutions as well.

What are the solutions for problems I’m not having you speak of? LMAO

Sorry brother, couldn’t resist. The heat in Florida is just brutal here in the winter.

Happy New Year, as I know SE Detroit AKA Windsor is lovely right now...
    01-01-20 01:57 PM
    Guess it's about what you say, ownership. Haven't had mp3:s for a long time - since music services became so cheap. Have som cd:s and vinyl records left, that's all

Posted via CB10
    I don't think I own any MP3s. I buy lossless music files only. It's the best way to ensure I never have to buy another format. The only long-term cost is storage, at around 1GB per album. and storage is cheap and getting cheaper. I probably own about 3K digital albums at this point.
    01-01-20 02:04 PM
    Strange! I just checked my version and it's the one from BBW, 5.4.21.97, works flawless.

Posted via CB10
    Strange indeed

01-01-20 02:06 PM
    I don't think I own any MP3s. I buy lossless music files only. It's the best way to ensure I never have to buy another format. The only long-term cost is storage, at around 1GB per album. and storage is cheap and getting cheaper. I probably own about 3K digital albums at this point.
    I'm with you in that idea but just lately my gym finally gave us WiFi and I have been listening to remixes and Mashup playlists for a different vibe. I have been enjoying it but I want a free service cause I refuse to pay as I never have since a child. I would record off the radio onto my casset tapes and only bought the odd album. If there is a free service I will use it.
    With all the subscriptions these days you could accumulate a new car payment and I am not playing the subscription game. I'm not poor I'm just frugal

01-01-20 02:10 PM
    I should have understood that, no half-measures .

Posted via CB10
    01-01-20 02:13 PM
    I'm with you in that idea but just lately my gym finally gave us WiFi and I have been listening to remixes and Mashup playlists for a different vibe. I have been enjoying it but I want a free service cause I refuse to pay as I never have since a child. I would record off the radio onto my casset tapes and only bought the odd album. If there is a free service I will use it.
    With all the subscriptions these days you could accumulate a new car payment and I am not playing the subscription game. I'm not poor I'm just frugal

Mix tapes, we’re the lost generation....
    The_Passporter likes this.
    01-01-20 02:13 PM
    I’m sorry but I’ve had no problems with iTunes or Apple Music, and I believe Google through Android offers alternative solutions as well.

What are the solutions for problems I’m not having you speak of? LMAO

Sorry brother, couldn’t resist. The heat in Florida is just brutal here in the winter.

Happy New Year, as I know SE Detroit AKA Windsor is lovely right now...
    Ha ha I think the heat should be cool still down there? I'll be down in March to check it out for myself.

As I said in the post above I'm not a fan of the subscription model. Say free and I'm at your door even if I have to listen to your life story as I'm loading it in my truck lol. That would be a commercial, hopefully not a long one.

Right now the sun is shining and my grass is green so finger crossed for global weather changing.
    Happy New year to you also

01-01-20 02:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well until I can get Deezer to work I have decided to use the web version of SoundCloud in the stock browser while saving albums/playlists to a bookmark with a tag so I can have a list for whatever genre I like. Seems to work very well.

Last edited by The_Passporter; 01-01-20 at 02:42 PM.
    mikael11 likes this.
    01-01-20 02:30 PM
    I should have understood that, no half-measures .

Posted via CB10
    I was a very serious, if not very talented, musician, so I know what real instruments are supposed to sound like. It's a curse!

mikael11 likes this.
    01-01-20 04:54 PM
    Apps for music.-img_20200101_192730.pngApps for music.-img_20200101_194450.pngApps for music.-img_20200101_193722.png

Loving this SoundCloud with easy controls for fast-forward and rewind. So much fun!!
    I'm going to set Florida on fire with my dance moves @chuckfinley69
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 01-01-20 at 10:11 PM.
    01-01-20 06:47 PM
    Same here, I would never pay a subscription for a music service. I want to own my music as a music freak and discjockey myself. And when I reach that (frequent) point when I can't stand my own music anymore, I use the web versions of Soundcloud, MIxcloud, Bandcamp or if you still have access to them the apps Soundnine or Hypemachine. Further more, if you don't like the stock music app, Neutron player was released as a bar file from the developer, which I prefer meanwhile. And then there's Music finder of course :P or Star Player and Radioplayer+. In the end, the best solution for me is internet radio anyways and for BB10 we still have so many solutions...

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    01-01-20 10:45 PM
    Hi XcrazyS,

Thank you for your amazing work. I have one question: what's the best browser according to you for Classic and for Passport?

Cheers
    01-03-20 11:49 AM
31 12