Was speaking to a BlackBerry employee at Selfridges on Oxford Street earlier (where the queues were at the a10 launch) and was told by an employee instagram will be coming with the official 10.1 update. She said she was certain it was coming this month and that people will no longer say BlackBerry doesn't have apps.
    Now I was still skeptical of course, so I went and had a chat with another employee and he too said we should see it in May with the update! He also goes on to mention that he heard it will be native, which the girl said too! (fingers crossed)

Though still not 100% convinced I think they were telling the truth, and I hope we do get it this month. I've grown tired of waiting for instagram to come, though it's an app I use a lot and if it was on bb10 so many of my friends would come back to BlackBerry in a snap!

Oh and also the q10 is still selling out in both the Selfridges carphone warehouse and the one further down the road towards Oxford Circus, which said they sold out of their stock in hours!

Nice! I think May will be a good month for us BlackBerry 10 users.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 06:56 PM
    If this is true indeed, that would be huge! It would be one app less to complain about here on the forums
    Looking forward to a very good may this year
    05-01-13 07:03 PM
    Although I'm confident it's coming, I'm a little skeptical that it's going to be native. Having said that, it would certainly explain why it's been taking them so long to bring it over.
    05-01-13 07:12 PM
    Good news if this all turns out to be true. If not, fingers crossed it won't be too much longer.
    05-01-13 07:50 PM
    I'll believe it when I see it.

In the meantime, the sideloaded versions work fine.
    ibpluto, schmeat, trynacu2 and 6 others like this.
    05-01-13 08:20 PM
    I think bb10 on the pb would be a close race for speculation. I doubt a native Instagram app is coming anytime soon.
    05-01-13 08:23 PM
    Native? Highly doubt it. Coming this month? Maybe, but I still have my doubts. Instagram has said clearly they have no current plans for a BlackBerry release. I'd just sideload the Android version, which works fine, and avoid being disappointed this month.
    05-01-13 08:40 PM
    Doubt it, but thank you for the hope..

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 08:40 PM
    Native? Highly doubt it. Coming this month? Maybe, but I still have my doubts. Instagram has said clearly they have no current plans for a BlackBerry release. I'd just sideload the Android version, which works fine, and avoid being disappointed this month.
    no one will confirm anything without official release. this happens everywhere and everyday.
    05-01-13 08:47 PM
    Considering its a camera app, having to use the android emulator camera greatly takes away from the app. I could see Instagram opting for native, the only question is will they release it at all? They had a coming soon page for android for months prior
    Fnen90 likes this.
    05-01-13 09:10 PM
    Is there a updated version instagram bar file, I can't log in on my Q10 it was working fine on my Z10...
    Apparently Instagram is coming this month-img_00000013.png

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 09:46 PM
    You have to follow the workaround. Go through the option of resetting the password with Facebook.
    Once you change the password, it will be working again

Is there a updated version instagram bar file, I can't log in on my Q10 it was working fine on my Z10...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000013.png 
Views:	2409 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	156942

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 09:58 PM
    Considering its a camera app, having to use the android emulator camera greatly takes away from the app. I could see Instagram opting for native, the only question is will they release it at all? They had a coming soon page for android for months prior
    Android Player has access to the native camera in 10.1. I'm running one of the 10.1 leaks and my sideloaded Instagram uses the proper Z10 camera app now.

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    05-01-13 10:17 PM
    Android Player has access to the native camera in 10.1. I'm running one of the 10.1 leaks and my sideloaded Instagram uses the proper Z10 camera app now.

Posted via CB10
    Amazing, that was the only thing I hated about my z10. What about other Android apps, do they use the native one? How about snapchat?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:29 PM
    Actually if you go to your profile in the instagram app and then hit the menu at the top (the 3 little squares, next to the search icon.) Select Camera settings and check off Use Instagram's Advanced Camera, this will give you the instagram camera.

Posted via CB10 App
    05-01-13 10:31 PM
    Amazing, that was the only thing I hated about my z10. What about other Android apps, do they use the native one? How about snapchat?

Posted via CB10
    I haven't tried any others, but I assume they all use the native camera now, since it's an OS change, not an app change. SnapChat might be an exception though, as it uses its own camera interface on every platform, so I doubt it has the native camera enabled. I can try it out tomorrow to confirm.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:38 PM
    This news sounds awesome! But I don't want to get excited for something that might be "Just a rumor". I will have to see it! Great now this is all I will he thinking about all month. Smh maybe after BBLive might they announce it or during.

Posted via CB10 App
    05-01-13 10:47 PM
    I haven't tried any others, but I assume they all use the native camera now, since it's an OS change, not an app change. SnapChat might be an exception though, as it uses its own camera interface on every platform, so I doubt it has the native camera enabled. I can try it out tomorrow to confirm.

Posted via CB10
    That's true. Keep wanting to update to the leak but I have a seven year old computer which doesn't want to take any faster than a day to backup. And I don't have the whole day, and I need to use my phone during, but more importantly, I'm a serious gamer and I can't start over.

Hope it works and thanks for being a guinea pig.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:50 PM
    nah. i would love to have the app, android port or not. as long as it is in the bbworld.

but unfortunately i highly doubt this will happen. its not even being mentioned the blackberry blog posts of "blackberry app wednesday"
    05-02-13 02:24 AM
    Was speaking to a BlackBerry employee at Selfridges on Oxford Street earlier (where the queues were at the a10 launch) and was told by an employee instagram will be coming with the official 10.1 update. She said she was certain it was coming this month and that people will no longer say BlackBerry doesn't have apps.
    Now I was still skeptical of course, so I went and had a chat with another employee and he too said we should see it in May with the update! He also goes on to mention that he heard it will be native, which the girl said too! (fingers crossed)

Though still not 100% convinced I think they were telling the truth, and I hope we do get it this month. I've grown tired of waiting for instagram to come, though it's an app I use a lot and if it was on bb10 so many of my friends would come back to BlackBerry in a snap!

Oh and also the q10 is still selling out in both the Selfridges carphone warehouse and the one further down the road towards Oxford Circus, which said they sold out of their stock in hours!

Nice! I think May will be a good month for us BlackBerry 10 users.

Posted via CB10
    I really hope that's true but still won't get my hopes up. As for being a native app, that's kinda hard to believe actually. I mean come on, Skype is an Andriod port since there are even more users than Instagram so how can it be possibly native?
    05-02-13 10:02 AM
    Apparently the pb was getting BB10 soon a long time ago. Don't hold your breath.
    05-02-13 10:20 AM
    May 14 Blackberry 10.1 official for z10 and new apps.
    05-02-13 12:59 PM
    Don't hold your breath. I don't see it coming with no buildup.
    But maybe.
    Probably not.
    05-02-13 01:36 PM
    It may or may not be true. I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. BlackBerry has been stepping their game up regardless so BlackBerry is still a hit in my book.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 01:42 PM
    Maybe they've noticed that we Z10 people have been producing high quality photos. LOL.
    05-02-13 01:48 PM
71 123