Is there an app for XBMC on BB10?
    For example there are bunch of apps including official XBMC app for Android, but recently I discovered SmartShare app on LG which allows you to stream all DLNA and other streaming sources from/to phone.
    If there are no applications for BB10, how can XBMC app be side loaded or does it need some sort of access that is not available with side-loaded apps? The SmartShare actually allows you to stream from any closeby PC that does not have xbmc installed to phone as well.
    10-27-13 03:34 PM
    Did you try searching in BB World for "xbmc"?
    I have previously since my brother recommended Raspberry Pi to me, so I can tell you there are a few. There are some free and some paid. Unfortunately the official XBMC app isn't there.

Also, your BB10 device can already stream a variety of videos to DLNA players/TV's without an app.

Connect a device via the Media Sharing category in device's Settings. You might need to enter a code or the other device's IP address.

Once connected one time, you shouldn't need to do so again. Just open a video, open overflow menu, and select Play On to select the connected device.

You may also be able to stream some PC content if you've set up PC sharing via the BB Link item in Settings and BB Link on your PC.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    10-27-13 11:14 PM
    Did you try searching in BB World for "xbmc"?
    I have previously since my brother recommended Raspberry Pi to me, so I can tell you there are a few. There are some free and some paid. Unfortunately the official XBMC app isn't there.

Also, your BB10 device can already stream a variety of videos to DLNA players/TV's without an app.

Connect a device via the Media Sharing category in device's Settings. You might need to enter a code or the other device's IP address.

Once connected one time, you shouldn't need to do so again. Just open a video, open overflow menu, and select Play On to select the connected device.

You may also be able to stream some PC content if you've set up PC sharing via the BB Link item in Settings and BB Link on your PC.
    Thank you, sadly I returned my Z10, waiting for Z30, so I can't test it just yet.
    However, if it is the case, where BB10 can stream from XBMC or DLNA/WMC without an app, that would be extremely handy. However, can it stream or push media from BB10 to XBMC?
    I checked the app world, they all seem to be just XBMC remotes (I tried bunch of them on Playbook, they are mostly pretty terrible, except there were just one or two that works as a remote control but not full featured XBMC controller/streamer). not streaming apps.
    For example on the android device I was playing with, you could open a picture and then hit a little button and it would appear on XBMC running PC (My living room PC) without having to get a useless thing called chromecast! It was very useful, you didn't even need to keep XBMC running, Same worked with videos.

If you still have any XBMC running around in any one of your PCs, can you try it?
    10-27-13 11:40 PM
    My whole experience with XBMC is my brother's Raspberry Pi, which is a standalone DIY media player that runs XBMC. You connect it to your TV.

All the examples I gave were streaming from phone to somewhere else.

Your Android example of putting a picture up on TV is how it works on BB10 too. Open a video or pic, tap menu key (3 dots), tap Play On, select where you want to see it.

There are 10 results when I search xbmc in BB World on my Z10. I didn't open every one, but at least 3 are BB10-only, so you couldn't have tried them on your PB. Only 4 of the 10 are free. A couple of the paid ones look really good.

Open the BB World webstore from your PC browser and set your device as Z10 or Z30 in little box at top right-ish. Search xbmc there and you can can see screenshots and read reviews too.
    10-28-13 05:50 AM
    My whole experience with XBMC is my brother's Raspberry Pi, which is a standalone DIY media player that runs XBMC. You connect it to your TV.

All the examples I gave were streaming from phone to somewhere else.

Your Android example of putting a picture up on TV is how it works on BB10 too. Open a video or pic, tap menu key (3 dots), tap Play On, select where you want to see it.

There are 10 results when I search xbmc in BB World on my Z10. I didn't open every one, but at least 3 are BB10-only, so you couldn't have tried them on your PB. Only 4 of the 10 are free. A couple of the paid ones look really good.

Open the BB World webstore from your PC browser and set your device as Z10 or Z30 in little box at top right-ish. Search xbmc there and you can can see screenshots and read reviews too.

Thanks for the info, regarding play on.. so there is no way to stream stuff from XBMC or other media sources TO blackberry without an app?
    10-28-13 10:55 AM
    Thanks for the info, regarding play on.. so there is no way to stream stuff from XBMC or other media sources TO blackberry without an app?
    I only know of plex that allows you to do this. It does require an app server side, but after that you can get to it on your phone in a browser. You can also try sideloading the android app, i've had mixed results with this though, usually just use the browser.

Plexmediaserver.. Google it, on my phone atm and lazy

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 04:26 AM
    I only know of plex that allows you to do this. It does require an app server side, but after that you can get to it on your phone in a browser. You can also try sideloading the android app, i've had mixed results with this though, usually just use the browser.

Plexmediaserver.. Google it, on my phone atm and lazy

Posted via CB10
    XBMC does this naturally with any Android app, and like I said, SmartShare allows this as well. I am staying with XBMC, worst case is I will just use android for the control of XBMC. I don't think we are going to see Z30 for AT&T anytime soon, so it doesn't really matter...
    10-31-13 12:34 PM
    XBMC does this naturally with any Android app, and like I said, SmartShare allows this as well. I am staying with XBMC, worst case is I will just use android for the control of XBMC. I don't think we are going to see Z30 for AT&T anytime soon, so it doesn't really matter...
    You can stream from xbmc to an android device? Is there another app for this? I know Yatse can do it I wasn't aware of anything else.

Also, you can run pms and xbmc.. you don't have to choose one or the other. I have 2 htpc's and 1 pi running xbmc.. I have pms running on my desktop to handle streaming to my roku from my parents house, or my phone o'er tablet from anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 03:44 AM
    You can stream from xbmc to an android device? Is there another app for this? I know Yatse can do it I wasn't aware of anything else.
    Posted via CB10
    SmartShare does this.
    You can select From:
    Cellphone
    XBMC
    WMC
    DLNA
    Shared Drive on Network

To:
    Cellphone
    XBMC

It works very well.
    The app might be LG only, but you may be able find the APK and try it. This is not a remote control application, it is purely for streaming and controlling playback, so it won't work if the link is not established (unlike other wifi remote applications that just needs the port and user/pass)
    11-06-13 11:20 PM
    Smart share is either mirrorcast or Dlna with a fancy name (like BlackBerry's play on), which some bb10 devices do have. A quick Google search can reveal this.

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    11-07-13 03:18 AM
    But can Play On stream media to BB from XBMC?

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk
    11-07-13 09:08 AM

Not sure, I have an android Xbmc xios ds media tv player. I'll be testing it out later today.

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    11-07-13 10:02 AM

It can, I have an app but it stopped working for some reason

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 10:20 PM