Loving my BlackBerry Passport but struggling to find an app to meet my needs which I had no problem finding on previous WP phones and others.

Basically, I need to be woken up at night if I receive a text or phone call (on call) but I don't want to be woken up by other notifications (email etc) but I do want to be alerted during the day if I get an email due to my job.

I can find apps that will schedule a change of notification type but I can't find a way to treat text (sms) messages differently to other notifications.

If this can't be done then I do see this as a serious flaw in a business oriented phone.

Hope somebody can recommend an app or workaround.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 11:00 AM
    You can take any of the profiles, start with bedside, and add any custom notifications you want. Then rename the profile to something that makes sense.
    I can set the bedside to notify on calls and texts only. Is that what you want? Play around with it.

Oh I have a Z30 but I am on 10.3.1.1949
    01-24-15 11:04 AM
    Loving my BlackBerry Passport but struggling to find an app to meet my needs which I had no problem finding on previous WP phones and others.

Basically, I need to be woken up at night if I receive a text or phone call (on call) but I don't want to be woken up by other notifications (email etc) but I do want to be alerted during the day if I get an email due to my job.

I can find apps that will schedule a change of notification type but I can't find a way to treat text (sms) messages differently to other notifications.

If this can't be done then I do see this as a serious flaw in a business oriented phone.

Hope somebody can recommend an app or workaround.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Posted via CB10
    You can with my Power Tools app. Basically you just setup the sound profiles eg: when you silent the phone etc... and then setup custom LED for text and email messages or the contact that text or email you. Set the LED to VIP status so that you will get LED and ringtone no matter what the sound notification is set too.

If you set the sound profile in the Settings to Phone Calls Only then that would cover you for the phone call ringtone but not text and email.
    01-24-15 11:37 AM
    Is that the toysoft development power tools? If it can do what I need then I will purchase it!

At 22:00 silence everything except phone calls and text messages
    At 08:00 sound alerts for all notifications

I'm I correct in understanding that your app can do this?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 11:43 AM
    Jaydee5799 - I am on the std 10.3.0.908 os. I can't find where to rename profiles or save as...

Michael

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 11:44 AM
    Is that the toysoft development power tools? If it can do what I need then I will purchase it!

At 22:00 silence everything except phone calls and text messages
    At 08:00 sound alerts for all notifications

I'm I correct in understanding that your app can do this?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. You can set different profiles to set the sound notification. I have a profile at 9:30pm to set to phone calls only and 8:00am to set to Normal.
    Ringtones that you have setup for text and email in power tools will NOT go off when the profile is set to phone calls. It will only go off if you set the vip status for the account or contacts in the led setting.
    01-24-15 11:57 AM
    BeBuzz

App to silence notifications but not text-img_20150125_024803.png

Hub++LED

App to silence notifications but not text-img_20150125_024929.png

₱asaporte₱ilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-24-15 12:50 PM
    +1 for Power Tools, I use it for similar situation.
    01-24-15 03:43 PM