I have to use one app for running on my Z10. The choice is limited to three apps:
    - cascarun
    - sportrate
    - retrace.
    Reading feedbacks, retrace looks like the best.
    For you, which is the best?

Posted via CB10 || BlackBerry Z10
    02-08-17 02:59 PM
    I use cascarun and am very pleased with it... But, I have not tried either of the others for comparison... Z30

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 11:36 PM
    I use retrace a lot and recommend it. The dev has been putting out regular updates for BB10 and has been responsive to suggestions.
    02-09-17 01:34 AM
    Cascarun is a really quality app. I have used it for past few years and love it. Never felt I needed to look elsewhere... so much so I'd actually never heard of Retrace until this post!

However, I just checked Retrace out now, and it looks pretty cool.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-17 06:21 AM
    I have actually been using the couch to 5K app. More and more research is showing that interval training provides the same cardiovascular benefits with less wear and tear, plus you burn more calories. It may not be for hardcore runners, but if you want something different. . .

Posted via CB10
    02-09-17 06:42 AM
    Thanks to everyone!
    You know my Z10 has default battery problem, so I would use one app "light" for my training...
    On BlackBerry World I read retrace is real ideal for this.
    One question: which online portal do you use to archive the trainings? At this moment I am on Sports tracker site web but I'm considering account's activation on Strava.

02-09-17 07:39 AM
    Thanks to everyone!
    You know my Z10 has default battery problem, so I would use one app "light" for my training...
    On BlackBerry World I read retrace is real ideal for this.
    One question: which online portal do you use to archive the trainings? At this moment I am on Sports tracker site web but I'm considering account's activation on Strava.

I haven't used the Strava feature so can't speak to that. Do know, any app using constant GPS tracking is going to consume the battery pretty fast.
    02-09-17 11:23 AM
    I haven't used the Strava feature so can't speak to that. Do know, any app using constant GPS tracking is going to consume the battery pretty fast.
    Thanks!
    I think I will buy Retrace so...if one day I will move on Android (Mercury), I will know already this app (there is android version)

02-09-17 12:01 PM
    Thanks!
    I think I will buy Retrace so...if one day I will move on Android (Mercury), I will know already this app (there is android version)

Good to know its on droid. However, you might need to buy it again with that version. Write the dev and ask.
    02-09-17 12:19 PM
    Good to know its on droid. However, you might need to buy it again with that version. Write the dev and ask.
    I wrote to dev but no reply

02-14-17 04:20 AM
    I wrote to dev but no reply

Sometimes that is not a good sign. You should assume you will need to buy the app twice for both platforms.
    02-14-17 05:38 AM
    Sometimes that is not a good sign. You should assume you will need to buy the app twice for both platforms.
    Yes, I think so.

02-14-17 06:46 AM
    I patched Strava using Cobalt's app .I use it for tracking mountain bike rides but I also know plenty who use it for running. It has worked fine for me.
    02-15-17 06:29 PM
    Ok, thanks. But I have to use an app "light" on battery (because I use it on Z10) and Retrace app looks like best choice. Is Strava app (pached) an Android porting app? If so, this isn't my solution

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 09:22 AM
    I use CascaRun regularly and it's great. Fast, complete, and the GPS fix is fast too.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 12:44 AM
    I update the thread.
    In these days I tested the app (Retrace), but…I had some problems.
    I did two running’s session. In the first, the app lost track one time after 4 km. In the second it lost track two times. I can’t use it in these conditions, my trainings aren’t well monitoring. I am not very satisfied. Now I wrote to dev for an answer. On hold...

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 03:53 AM
    I update the thread.
    In these days I tested the app (Retrace), but…I had some problems.
    I did two running’s session. In the first, the app lost track one time after 4 km. In the second it lost track two times. I can’t use it in these conditions, my trainings aren’t well monitoring. I am not very satisfied. Now I wrote to dev for an answer. On hold...

Posted via CB10
    Very sorry to hear that feel bad for steering you there. Are you running in an area with good GPS and network reception?

Here is the thread where the dev was posting. Last seen 9 months ago. I suggest you post there also.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...56/index2.html
    02-21-17 04:47 AM
    Very sorry to hear that feel bad for steering you there. Are you running in an area with good GPS and network reception?

Here is the thread where the dev was posting. Last seen 9 months ago. I suggest you post there also.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...56/index2.html
    Thanks.
    Yes, I did my sessions in the good GPS area. In the same area, in previous days, I tested cascarun free edition and no problem...same settings: GPS on (of course) and flight mode on.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 04:59 AM
    Thanks.
    Yes, I did my sessions in the good GPS area. In the same area, in previous days, I tested cascarun free edition and no problem...same settings: GPS on (of course) and flight mode on.

Posted via CB10
    If casca tracked you fine then it is a problem with retrace.

Do you have data connection enabled in settings? I used it last month on a 5 mile walk in an urban area. Worked fine on Passport. I haven't used it on Z10 in a long time. Did you pay for it already or was there a free trial?

Only other things I can suggest in the following order: Check all permissions are on. Turn off the phone and pull the battery. Restart. Delete and reload the app.
    02-21-17 05:30 AM
    If casca tracked you fine then it is a problem with retrace.

Do you have data connection enabled in settings? I used it last month on a 5 mile walk in an urban area. Worked fine on Passport. I haven't used it on Z10 in a long time. Did you pay for it already or was there a free trial?

Only other things I can suggest in the following order: Check all permissions are on. Turn off the phone and pull the battery. Restart. Delete and reload the app.
    My settings:
    App for running-img_20170221_123148.png
    I payed for this app (it isn't free trial).
    After installation I turned off my phone and pulled the battery for other questions (OS update). I have to try to put disabled in my settings for "Keep Awake" and "Data Connection" (but...I think the app should work also with "enabled" )...eventually I have to try last things (delete and reload the app).
    02-21-17 05:47 AM
    Yes the app should work with those enabled. Did you check application permissions in BlackBerry settings for Retrace?
    02-21-17 06:54 AM
    Yes the app should work with those enabled. Did you check application permissions in BlackBerry settings for Retrace?
    All permissions enabled. Today I will test it with "Keep Awake" disabled (walk activity). Then, if I have problems, I will have to do last effort (delete and reload app). After this, I do not know...
    02-21-17 07:36 AM
    Good news, the dev answered you in the other thread.
    02-21-17 09:38 AM
    Yes, thanks!
    02-21-17 10:12 AM
    I'm using Cascarun on my Z10 for years now. And Cascarun have its Android version called Miirun.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-21-17 10:49 PM
27 12