Hey guys! I found this gem today:

FlashFingers Handwriting
    BlackBerry World - FlashFingers Handwriting

It lets you draw the character on the screen, and then you can copy and paste that into an email or whatever. Basically does the same thing as this site but as an app on your phone:
    MDBG English to Chinese dictionary

I'm not the dev so I don't have any info other than what's in the description, but I found that the app is super smooth and works perfectly (it does "think" for a split second after you write). The reason I'm promoting this app is frankly because I'm surprised something as useful as this is available for BB (yea pessimistic I know) but it seems underutilized with only 1 review so far (it's not me).

My Chinese kind of sucks so I haven't "put it to the test" so to speak with any really complex characters. I imagine it could be very useful to someone who composes long emails in Chinese. I actually use this to look up words I don't know because you can't look up using Pinyin if you don't know how to say the word.

App Recommendation - Chinese handwriting input!-img_00000162.jpg
    yvpan1 likes this.
    04-16-13 11:52 PM
    Nice find!
    Useful!

Posted via Z10
    04-17-13 01:24 AM
    Hey guys! I found this gem today:

FlashFingers Handwriting
    BlackBerry World - FlashFingers Handwriting

It lets you draw the character on the screen, and then you can copy and paste that into an email or whatever. Basically does the same thing as this site but as an app on your phone:
    MDBG English to Chinese dictionary

I'm not the dev so I don't have any info other than what's in the description, but I found that the app is super smooth and works perfectly (it does "think" for a split second after you write). The reason I'm promoting this app is frankly because I'm surprised something as useful as this is available for BB (yea pessimistic I know) but it seems underutilized with only 1 review so far (it's not me).

My Chinese kind of sucks so I haven't "put it to the test" so to speak with any really complex characters. I imagine it could be very useful to someone who composes long emails in Chinese. I actually use this to look up words I don't know because you can't look up using Pinyin if you don't know how to say the word.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000162.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	151973
    Chinese handwriting support is already baked into the O/S
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    04-17-13 02:00 AM
    Maybe you confuse with iphone, the Z10 doesn't have Chinese handwriting or even other handwriting keyboards in the os

Posted via Z10
    04-17-13 02:52 AM
    Chinese handwriting support is already baked into the O/S
    You are right!!!! Wow this is super exciting... I added the language called ?? (supposed to say shou xie, think characters are not supported from CB10 app haha) and it does it right into the email!!

How did this feature get passed over?? Very impressed right now... can't wait to show my parents

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xiaohuaxing; 04-17-13 at 03:21 AM.
    04-17-13 03:08 AM
    It even does word suggestions on what you might type next... so cool... (or am I just easily impressed?)

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 03:11 AM
    what??? how to enable???
    I dont see it

edit: yes, i missed it!
    I was thinking it's only pinyin like in the dev alpha
    04-17-13 04:17 AM