Right. But once that app gap issue is solved. The next excuse will be " but it's a BlackBerry ". lol...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Except it won't be solved unless they switch away from BB10 and to Android.
    07-20-15 06:57 PM
    My apps.

I like Pandora and subscribe. Had it for years on BB7 and earlier version. BlackBerry left me on this one.

I like Iheartradio and tunein. Forget getting them from BlackBerry world on my PP.

I get better police scanners on AA and Snap.

Netflix. Like to hook it up to tv

Nook. NFL mobile. CCW app.

Photobucket. I use that a lot to put pictures online.

Then there is Scribd. I look at a lot of pdfs and word docs online.

Not counting media apps I can't get onn BlackBerry world.

Posted via CB10
    Superdupont 2_0 likes this.
    07-20-15 09:20 PM
    Right. But once that app gap issue is solved. The next excuse will be " but it's a BlackBerry ". lol...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Lol! �Once the app gap is solved�!? I love the optimism.

I assume that means becoming an Android OEM, but there is still a noticeable gap between iOS and Android ecosystems--is there a plan to bridge that gap, too?

The best solution app-wise for a BB10 fan would be to wait for the Chen-promised iOS-compatible BlackBerry software (hub, etc) to come out later this year and run it on an iPhone of choice, preferably jailbroken. That would presumably get you the best of all worlds, ecosystem-wise.
    07-20-15 09:55 PM
    Yes, there is an app gap, and it's a big deal for most people, psychologically)n even if they only use 10-20 apps on a regular basis.

Here are my top apps I use on a daily basis on my Q10:

1. Dropbox
    2. Evernote
    3. Remember the Milk
    4. BeWeather Pro
    5. Google Talk
    6. BBM
    7. Bebuzz
    8. Slacker/Apollo (Pandora)
    9. Nobex (podcasts)
    10. All the built in apps: email, calendar, contacts, browser, file manager, etc...

The only 2 apps I wish we had are Audible (yes, I know I can get it through the Android run-time, but it's painful to use) and Nozbe.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 05:32 PM
    My Top Ten:

Remember
    Scanwritr
    BackupPro‎
    HealthPro‎
    BookmarkPro
    BBVE
    PasswordKeeper
    Mychart
    Mega
    TuneIn

I could add others I use frequently on my Passport...youtube, Wherels..?, Maps.. they all run smoothly.

Flying Spaghetti Monster running 10.3.2.840
    07-22-15 11:16 PM
    Zillow, Trulia, Movoto - the three most popular real estate search apps in the US, none are available on BB10. Nothing that I have found in BlackBerry World that is similar.

Yelp

Tapatalk

Epocrates (Medical app)

VisualDX (Medical app)

I bought a cheap dedicated android tablet to run medical apps for work. I don't do anything else on that.

All that is done from my BlackBerry phone and if BB10 goes away, from a Linux laptop after I drop back to a feature phone.

Really, this is Chen's fault.

(with regards to Android ports burning through your battery, that is what Droid apps do...even on a native Droid phone. Remember all those permission you can't turn off? Each and every one is phoning home and reporting on your activities.)
    07-23-15 06:22 AM
    Zillow, Trulia, Movoto - the three most popular real estate search apps in the US, none are available on BB10. Nothing that I have found in BlackBerry World that is similar.

Yelp

Tapatalk

Epocrates (Medical app)

VisualDX (Medical app)

I bought a cheap dedicated android tablet to run medical apps for work. I don't do anything else on that.

All that is done from my BlackBerry phone and if BB10 goes away, from a Linux laptop after I drop back to a feature phone.

(with regards to Android ports burning through your battery, that is what Droid apps do...even on a native Droid phone. Remember all those permission you can't turn off? Each and every one is phoning home and reporting on your activities.)
    If it were true that Android apps were burning up the battery, I'd be getting poor battery life on my OnePlus One, with its 3100 mAh battery, compared to my Passport's 3450 mAh battery. But the actual fact is, I get approximately equal life on both. If anything, this suggests that the OnePlus One is somewhat more efficient. I have many of the same Android apps on both.

If getting apps on board were just a matter of throwing money around, WP wouldn't have an app gap. They certainly have the money and a willingness to spend it. But they do have a gap, though they've made some headway with it. Their user base, though small, is still more than ten times BB10's. I don't think there's much Chen can do about that.

What could've been done five years ago is one thing. Today, if you want apps you have to go where the apps are. That means Android, unfortunately. I say "unfortunately" because if I were king of the universe the apps would be there, native, in BlackBerry World.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-23-15 07:11 AM
    Just realized someone created a list two years ago.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...m-know-756442/

I wonder why so many developers/companies don't bring their apps to BB 10.
    Maybe BlackBerry's hardware set is one of the reasons?
    It's just a guess, but maybe most people would prefer to have netflix, certain medical apps, ebooks, certain games on a big tablet and not on a smartphone (especially not on a Q or Classic).

If BlackBerry would bring out a high-end 8-inch PlayBook 2 (for a better media experience with ebooks, movies etc etc), would that hardware be a convincing game changer for developers?
    07-23-15 09:02 AM
    The answer is simple : Blackberry market is very small right now, so who would want to spend time and money to develop apps for this very small market.
    I for one, mostly miss the lack of proper IM apps like Yahoo Messenger and Hangouts. I know there is a version of YM on BB World but, really, is garbage, semi-nonfunctional. Fortunately there is someone who is willing to develop a Hangouts client (HG10) that is pretty good and hopefully it will become better in time.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    07-23-15 09:17 AM
    Just realized someone created a list two years ago.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...m-know-756442/

I wonder why so many developers/companies don't bring their apps to BB 10.
    Maybe BlackBerry's hardware set is one of the reasons?
    It's just a guess, but maybe most people would prefer to have netflix, certain medical apps, ebooks, certain games on a big tablet and not on a smartphone (especially not on a Q or Classic).

If BlackBerry would bring out a high-end 8-inch PlayBook 2 (for a better media experience with ebooks, movies etc etc), would that hardware be a convincing game changer for developers?
    The only thing that will fix this is sales.

It wasn't too long ago that Android suffered the same.
    eyesopen1111 and GadgetTravel like this.
    07-23-15 09:53 AM

Yelp

Tapatalk

Epocrates (Medical app)

VisualDX (Medical app)

I hope you don't have patients medical records floating around on an Android. That's a little scary to think about.
    07-23-15 10:21 PM
    I hope you don't have patients medical records floating around on an Android. That's a little scary to think about.
    If it is attached to BES, why not?
    07-23-15 10:49 PM
    Oh please, guaranteed you shove more personal information on the internet everyday compared to an x-ray of a knee.
    07-23-15 10:57 PM
    I really need periscope. Hopefully it will pop up on android soon.

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    07-24-15 01:22 PM
    I really need periscope. Hopefully it will pop up on android soon.

Posted via CB10
    You need an U-boat driven by Android. But that will sink very soon due to lag and crashing in the software department .

Posted via my awesome Classic
    07-26-15 05:46 AM
    You need an U-boat driven by Android. But that will sink very soon due to lag and crashing in the software department .

Posted via my awesome Classic
    Maybe you can sink in shallow water, put up the snorkel and radio for rescue.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 05:57 AM
    Oh please, guaranteed you shove more personal information on the internet everyday compared to an x-ray of a knee.
    In an answer to your insinuation....that would be a no. And that guarantee would be about as good as a used car salesman's word.

SQW 100-3 10.3.2.2339
    Attached Thumbnails The app gap. Does it really exist?-img_20150724_095922.jpg  
    07-26-15 07:59 AM
    And I checked it on an Iphone 6 I'm testing...not good. I'M so happy my passport is my daily driver.

SQW 100-3 10.3.2.2339
    07-26-15 08:02 AM
    And BlackBerry gives me the best file Manager if you wanna make this a contest rather than talk about favorite Apps. Apple has no native file manager...you have to download an app to have one.

The app gap. Does it really exist?-img_20150726_080357.png

And example of a real file manager encrypted on both SD and Device....so even the "consumer end" is secure. No BES required to still have a more secure device.

SQW 100-3 10.3.2.2339
    07-26-15 08:08 AM
69 123