Hey, I have shortcut maker installed on my mom's Z10 and it's awesome for allowing contacts on the homescreen, but you can only make an icon that will call the person or text the person. The option for "contact" makes an icon that brings you to edit that contact listing... I was wondering if there's an app or a way to have icons on the homescreen where when you touch them it will give you a choice of call or text or maybe it just brings you to the contact where you can then select call or text? The one good thing about the Windows Phone OS, was it was easy to pin contacts to the homescreen, and my mom really liked this feature. Now the closest I could get with BB10 is via this shortcut maker app and even with that I have to make two shortcuts for every contact she uses often, one for call, the other for text. I hope there is a better option out there...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-16-14 01:32 PM
    Not to my knowledge
    06-20-14 06:40 PM
    Not to my knowledge
    Dag nabbit. I got all excited when I saw I finally got a reply to this, lol. Thanks for responding though. I've done the next best thing, made two separate icons for each of her most used contacts. One for phone call the other for text, and I used the SMS icon from the hub/contacts screen and overlayed that on top of the contact picture in the icon so she can easily see which is which... So far it's worked, she likes it... :-)
    FF22 likes this.
    06-21-14 02:22 AM
    Did you get my Shortcut Creator? You can't do what you said like bring up a choice to text, sms or email since the shortcut only do one thing.

Shortcut Creator - BlackBerry World
    06-21-14 10:28 AM
    OK. Just so you know, if you don't already, on the 10.3 os you can just go to the call screen and touch in saved contact and it gives you all those options. Or touch on recent calls contact and it even gives you more. Here's a couple pics.
    App that allows icons to contacts on homescreen-img_20140621_083325.png
    App that allows icons to contacts on homescreen-img_20140621_083411.png

Why ME?
    06-21-14 10:36 AM
    Did you get my Shortcut Creator? You can't do what you said like bring up a choice to text, sms or email since the shortcut only do one thing.

Shortcut Creator - BlackBerry World
    That's what I used, had to make separate icons for call and text. It's alright for now...

06-21-14 01:22 PM
    OK. Just so you know, if you don't already, on the 10.3 os you can just go to the call screen and touch in saved contact and it gives you all those options. Or touch on recent calls contact and it even gives you more. Here's a couple pics.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140621_083325.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	279436
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140621_083411.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	279437

Why ME?
    The number is too limited that way, and if I add more and more favorites it makes the actual call log section smaller and smaller. My mom would prefer the separate icons method I did for her now over that... Thanks for the suggestion anyway :-)

06-21-14 01:24 PM