Version of this spectacular play store Facebook client app that looks like the old BlackBerry Facebook in allot of ways with notifications. They are trying to work with the blackberry forked runtime so they need our feedback. This is rare for a developer for Android to do. I tested it and by eye can choose which is fastest but some of you may have a scientific way to see which is truly the fastest version. They created a very simple version of the app that says method 1, method 2, method 3 and need to know which is fastest on our blackberry's. Please give a helping hand. You can see Fella in the play store.

It'll be worth it in the end. Once fully working great for blackberry they may drop it in BBW. Thanks.
    @cobalt @Bla1ze @conite is there an easy way to scientifically report back to them which method for their clients fastest for them to use for our blackberry's? An app, etc?

I don't want to just eye (wing it) something so as important as speed.

The DEV is highly interested in making it work for BlackBerry for months and works diligently every evening with an update every other day. We can use a consensus from people whom know what they are talking about and have five to ten minutes. It will be a future asset..

Thanks to anyone who helps, DPR

Exclusive test app for fella:

This is basic Fella, this is NOT what fella looks like. This is just a basic FB tester to see which engine (I suppose) works best with forked BB ART (Dalvik) 4.3/18 ' especially the Passport.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e9l...w?usp=drivesdk (only 1mb, tiny FB Web test for speed app)

Anybody is welcome to do it, even if just eyeing it! ...

Please, somebody help with an answer and if possible a short reasoning why, even if it's because another app says so.. Fella is going to Come-up. I been helping with them since they had 1000 downloads. Now they have 50 thousand and counting and support allot of versions including a high interest in making it work fast and furious with BB10 which is RARE for a Dev so they deserve a real answer. If nobody know how to scientifically do it then I will go with the consensus.

Thanks in advance..
    @conite @cobalt @Bla1ze

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    11-13-17 02:01 PM
    So it's someone trying to make a FaceBook App for BB10? Title was a little misleading....

Hope they are able to port it over.
    11-13-17 02:17 PM
    So it's someone trying to make a FaceBook App for BB10? Title was a little misleading....

Hope they are able to port it over.
    Yes, they are in playstore (Fella for Facebook) but been trying to make it run well and fast with BB10's Art as well. They been trying for months while building and they sent me that small test apk and asked me to please report back which option, as in version 1,2 or 3 runs the fastest. I would rather have somebody who knows scientifically versus me just "eying it" and I did not intentionally mean to mislead. I been trying to keep my title of threads down to bare minimum..

They are good folks and Fella Is a great FB wrapper with major customization options with notifications. It does need speed though to catch up with FaceSlim they don't want to add a custom engine as it will bring the apk size up 60mb or so! Google stopped updating engines 4.4.4 and below! So..

Can you help? Thanks either way!

BTW: I in no way profit from fella except I own a copy and use it however I meant I do not financially gain.

Also, anybody willing to do the test would need a passport preferred but at least be on BB10 10.2 and ABOVE! Prefer 10.3.3 latest..

11-13-17 02:53 PM
    I am confused... or someone is.
    11-13-17 02:53 PM
    I am confused... or someone is.
    About what? I'm sure Dunt knows now.

11-13-17 02:56 PM
    Didn't see your additional post. A little bit clearer.
    11-13-17 03:02 PM
    Sounds like it's an android app that the developer wants to optimize for the BB10 android runtime.

It may be easier to use the old developer porting tools to make the app native and avoid the runtime altogether.

Running the apk through the android player is a big unavoidable bottleneck unto itself.
    11-13-17 03:20 PM
    Sounds like it's an android app that the developer wants to optimize for the BB10 android runtime.

It may be easier to use the old developer porting tools to make the app native and avoid the runtime altogether.

Running the apk through the android player is a big unavoidable bottleneck unto itself.
    I don't believe there was ever such a thing as a "porting to native" tool.
    11-13-17 03:26 PM
    I'll use it for a couple of day and give some feedback. Good to know someone is thinking about us BB10 users!

 Passport SE SQW100-4 with Vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS Version) 10.3.2.2876 on AT&T
    11-13-17 03:40 PM
    I was being a bit simplistic. But, no, certainly nothing automatic.

I had no experience with any of that, but didn't BlackBerry have something to help developers transition their work to Cascades or whatever it was they were using? And, no, not talking about those apk to bar converters... I know better than that.
    11-13-17 03:46 PM
    Didn't see your additional post. A little bit clearer.
    ...GOT you, hate It when that happens. Thanks.

-DPR.

11-13-17 10:57 PM
    If there was, this is what they want to do if it didn't effect android versions. They are trying to cover from 4.1 to oreo as well as the forked blackberry 4.3 / 18 so I know it has to be tough and may require two or three separate apps in the store depending what's system, version you are running but yes, they would like to know which one is fastest on our blackberry's in that tool I posted above. It's a basic tool, any tool for figuring out which is truly fastest versus me just eye balling it to what I think as to me, 1 and 3 are a near tie and two seems slowest to load and not sure if it's utilizing cookies, etc but hopefully the dev know that and the tool doesn't store that so the test can be done diligently and correctly if there is a test that can be done scientifically versus basic old fashion opinions!

11-13-17 11:01 PM
    I'll use it for a couple of day and give some feedback. Good to know someone is thinking about us BB10 users!

 Passport SE SQW100-4 with Vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS Version) 10.3.2.2876 on AT&T
    This is how I feel, this is not the real fella it's a very basic test platform for what fella will become as in whichever loads faster, version 1,2 or 3 as you will see when load the. Apk. I wish there was an app to test which is the fastest on our forked runtime so the next best thing is a concensus? I think so far it's either number 1 engine or 3 engine and 2 seems slowest out of the three. Again, this is not at all what fella looks like. Fella for facebook actually look much like the classic BB facebook when set correctly however this is important for fella to operate the best for us. I'd like to pick the right one for them when I give them the feedback.

They made the test app just for BB10 which is pretty cool of an android developer so I feel the same as you do. Thanks! He is also going to add sounds like "that other app had" on blackberry except fella works correctly it just needs speed! Notifications are even there and on point.

If you want to come along for the ride get it on playstore. The real fella which is only going to get better and better but remember it's still being developed to work as fast as possible otherwise no bugs and it's the most customization FB wrapper app I ever seen! Nearly everything can be changed! Now they are after speed! They are super responsive devs who will add whatever you ask within reason for blackberry so worth the 99 cents! Imo..

Anybody whom helps with the test maybe I can get you a free copy as when it's fully optimized for US on BB10 It's going to shine in my opinion. I in no way profit from Fella.

Anybody whom helps, thanks in advance.

-DPR

11-13-17 11:08 PM
    I was being a bit simplistic. But, no, certainly nothing automatic.

I had no experience with any of that, but didn't BlackBerry have something to help developers transition their work to Cascades or whatever it was they were using? And, no, not talking about those apk to bar converters... I know better than that.
    No not to transfer to bar as it will remain in the playstore only as far as I am aware thus far, @conite is more on point as usual but appreciate your thoughts and trying to help!! This is in no way going to ever become a bar. It will remain an .apk but they want it optimized for everything from 4.1 upwards including blackberry 10's forked 4.3/18 runtime. Especially Passport.. even if they have to have separate versions however they need help as do not have hands on a blackberry device, yet! I may send one in..

The official app is so damn awesome that it's worth it to me to get it speedy! If you get this and feel speed it not up to par yet please do not drop a bad review. Contact fella via messenger and they will respond asap and be eager to not only fix but they will indeed fix and fast! I know from experience thus far. I am awaiting it to be as fast as the awesome FaceSlim so I can swap over beings it has swipe gestures, classic blackberry look, etc, etc, etc and yes etc! It has allot... #GoodStuff

Here is the REAL app but we need help with the easy apk above to see which is fastest to add to fella for blackberry.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fella.app

11-13-17 11:12 PM
    There is no tool that can convert an Android app to BlackBerry native code.

What exists is a wrapper tool that wraps an apk into a bar file. This is needed to put Android apps into the BlackBerry store.

Technically such a bar is just a zip file containing some header files and the apk (which itself also is a zip file). So finally you get a zip in a zip containing BlackBerry specific header files.
    11-15-17 05:41 AM
    There is no tool that can convert an Android app to BlackBerry native code.

What exists is a wrapper tool that wraps an apk into a bar file. This is needed to put Android apps into the BlackBerry store.

Technically such a bar is just a zip file containing some header files and the apk (which itself also is a zip file). So finally you get a zip in a zip containing BlackBerry specific header files.
    Yes, I seen this @Cobalt232 but never had it explained in basic detail. Thanks for taking your time to do so..

The creators of Fella said the issues with not only BlackBerry is that android stopped updating the engines for 4.4 and below now thus it's either figuring out what works best in the three methods in the tiny test app well above in this post (I just guessed with method three, hope I was right as method one seemed well too) or making the app HUGE by adding a custom engine adds 50 to 60+mb on a 2.3mb app. Crazy! I wouldn't mind for speed but it must be WHY the real FB app is so large or one of the reasons.

Any other secret tips or tricks I can tell them to utilize regards to speed and the engine with BB10? Thanks.

11-15-17 02:04 PM
    BTW: I had Fella for Facebook running faster then FaceSlim yesterday it was amazing just like I knew it be if working smooth and fast. However, after restart it went back to not slow however not as fast and fluid as it was.. what can cause this as in sometimes it's great like it's perfectly hooked into our art and other times same versions is not so fast ' for now!...

I wanted someone else to try as I am also on .172 art for showbox fix but maybe the newer art will indeed run it better thus I can decide which app id prefer but I doubt this is it hence I didn't swap back arts myself yet let alone update to the newest Voda update..

Fella for facebook would instantaneously load with white screen and as soon as u places your finger on screen, poof everything would appear! I loved it. Trying to make the magic again now.

11-15-17 02:07 PM
    I've been using Fella TestBench for some days now. Overall, Method2 has the best look.

I hope the finished product isn't very expensive and has hub integration.

That would be a nice addition for my...

DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    11-15-17 07:18 PM
    I've been using Fella TestBench for some days now. Overall, Method2 has the best look.

I hope the finished product isn't very expensive and has hub integration.

That would be a nice addition for my...

99 cents and thanks for using the benchmark to test.

..an for the feedback. That is just a basic FB app. Fella is much more complete then that.

As..

Fella does have notifications and looks allot like the old BlackBerry FB when you go to settings instantly and put the bar down the bottom and use swipe as well as set to classic facebook mode with the right font, all customizable. Also adblock and a ton of other features I can not even mention all here. Working on the speed for Blackberry 10's ART, the last version (had update today, three a week!) was faster then faceslim however until they nail it, it's going back and fourth but as for looks and customizations, it is second to None.

Here's the link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fella.app

BTW: may I ask which BB10 device your using and OS Version?

11-15-17 08:42 PM
    Isn't it a little weird to pay for an Android web wrapper?
    11-16-17 08:37 AM
    What's not weird about BB10 at this point?
    11-16-17 11:43 AM
    Nope.

11-16-17 12:43 PM
    Are there any other kind?.. even on Droid? FB no longer releases the api's?..

So one with tons of features and zero ad's. Definitely nope.

11-16-17 01:01 PM
    Are there any other kind?.. even on Droid? FB no longer releases the api's?..

So one with tons of features and zero ad's. Definitely nope.

I guess that's my point. If I wanted a Web wrapper I would just use the mobile site for free. I saw that the developer added some nice features to Fella, but it's still just a wrapper.

On BB10 I use Face10. Definitely has its shortcomings, but I at least paid for a full app- not a wrapper.
    11-16-17 03:13 PM
    I guess that's my point. If I wanted a Web wrapper I would just use the mobile site for free. I saw that the developer added some nice features to Fella, but it's still just a wrapper.

On BB10 I use Face10. Definitely has its shortcomings, but I at least paid for a full app- not a wrapper.
    Face10 certainly does have shortcomings, wish it didn't!

Anyway, Face10 is also just a browser! LoL

Facebook doesn't release its api's anymore so.. yeah.

A browser, a wrapper, .... same?...

Think of card or hub browser then look at face10. That doesn't bother me though it's the user unfriendly part!

I don't see one free (adfree) FB client in the PS.

The best I know of is not in PS as in free and ad free as in FaceSlim, that's still the fastest but the ui or as u say wrapper is best on Fella imo..

Face10 to me is so user unfriendly that it's not usable.

Takes you to the wrong page via notifications with comments closed when tagged, doesn't take u to allow members into your group when have a notification for it, amongst a ton of other things like no reactions in comments.. etc.. etc..

Also, it's a browser/wrapper with a ton of token errors.

Whatever works for YOU!

11-16-17 03:46 PM
26 12