Hai i just want some information regarding max file shredder is really can release more device memory? Or?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 07:31 AM
    Hai i just want some information regarding max file shredder is really can release more device memory? Or?

Posted via CB10
    I found this thread for you, with one poster who uses the app. Might want to contact him.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...my-z10-843469/
    01-05-14 07:38 AM
    I found this thread for you, with one poster who uses the app. Might want to contact him.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...my-z10-843469/
    Thanks qbnkelt do you used max file shredder? Does it completed delete the file from the system so it will increase the space device memory?

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 08:43 AM
    Thanks qbnkelt do you used max file shredder? Does it completed delete the file from the system so it will increase the space device memory?

Posted via CB10
    Hi! I'm sorry, I haven't used it, I could not help you. That was the reason I searched for you to a thread that might assist in finding an answer. I was hoping that would help you.
    01-05-14 08:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Shredding is just like deleting the file but before it is deleted the content is erased.

I have a File Shredder app and it uses 7 pass to erase the file and then delete it

File Shredder - BlackBerry World

By shredding it doesn't give you extra memory. It will just release the memory occupied by the file.
    01-05-14 09:29 AM
    My concern with any app like this is that flash does not work the same as hard disks.

Flash controllers typically have something called wear-levelling that causes successive writes to the same address to get mapped to different physical locations in order to prevent premature failure of the flash.

I'm not saying these apps don't work, but unless they have low level access to the flash controller I don't trust them to be effective because the techniques used for file wipes via the standard file system API are not.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 09:54 AM
    My concern with any app like this is that flash does not work the same as hard disks.

Flash controllers typically have something called wear-levelling that causes successive writes to the same address to get mapped to different physical locations in order to prevent premature failure of the flash.

I'm not saying these apps don't work, but unless they have low level access to the flash controller I don't trust them to be effective because the techniques used for file wipes via the standard file system API are not.

Posted via CB10
    I use the file shredder app mentioned in the previous post and it seems to work well but I wasn't aware of this with flash storage.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 01:32 AM
    This is admittedly a few years old, but still relevant.

Data Remains on USB and SSDs After Secure Erase
    bobo616 and KemKev like this.
    01-07-14 09:39 AM
    This is admittedly a few years old, but still relevant.

Data Remains on USB and SSDs After Secure Erase
    Thanks for the information.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 11:14 AM