I just downloaded this app in my hunt for an app that provides goal push alerts. While the leagues are limited, the ones I care for the most are there .

There is month way to contact the developer as it only leads to a share the app page. So I thought I would open this thread for my questions hoping the community can help or the developer of they happen to frequent these boards.

Today we have Champions League action. How do I configure push alerts for a match. I'm more concerned with goal alerts than play by play. I can't find a follow or alerts button in any of the match screens for the day's slate of matches.

In my notifications I have set the app to on and selected a custom tone.

I am running the app on my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3442

App version is 1.3.1.0

Now to users of the app:

How quick are the goal alerts and score updates in general?
    Do they appear in the notifications section of the hub?
    Is the app headless or must I have it open to receive alerts?

In all honesty it doesn't look like the app has received much developer attention in a while so I will hold my breath here and hope this works as advertised.

Any assistance would be greatly
    appreciated.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    11-26-14 07:49 AM
    I believe the push alerts are for certain leagues only. I'm not sure if cl is included in those. I'd suggest yahoo sports in the meantime. I've posted the most recent apk, patched to enable push notifications, in another thread in this forum.
    11-26-14 08:52 AM
    FotMob is the app you want I think. Get it from Snap. It is configurable for goal notifications, game start and ends and has an exhaustive catalogue of leagues. UCL, EPL and all other major or minor cups and competitions is in there.

I also use Lucky Patcher to minimise ads.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    11-26-14 09:23 AM
    FotMob is the app you want I think. Get it from Snap. It is configurable for goal notifications, game start and ends and has an exhaustive catalogue of leagues. UCL, EPL and all other major or minor cups and competitions is in there.

I also use Lucky Patcher to minimise ads.

Does the Android version of FOTMOB push to BlackBerry devices? Are you a user?

11-26-14 03:01 PM
    I believe the push alerts are for certain leagues only. I'm not sure if cl is included in those. I'd suggest yahoo sports in the meantime. I've posted the most recent apk, patched to enable push notifications, in another thread in this forum.
    The yahoo one does push but late and inconsistent. Does your recent patched apk change anything?

11-26-14 03:02 PM
    The yahoo one does push but late and inconsistent. Does your recent patched apk change anything?

Not sure. Mine is consistent and usually within a couple mins of the event occurring. I'm on Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1418 if that makes any difference.

Alternatively you can use pushplane (headless push bullet client) + ifttt.com to make espn "recipes". Not a comprehensive sports app, but the notifications have links to the espn site if you're looking for more detail on the alert.
    daljit97 likes this.
    11-26-14 08:59 PM
    Does the Android version of FOTMOB push to BlackBerry devices? Are you a user?

Yes it does. I run it on my Z-10 STL-3. Runs well, with notifications.

11-27-14 12:55 AM