In the chart above, BeWeather Pro was open between 14:30 til 18:00. You can see how BeWeather is constantly consuming cpu cycles, and not just during the specified update interval (30 minutes).

Battery Guru does not measure or graph "CPU cycles", it measures power usage/battery charge levels.

Yes, BeWeather consumes battery power while running, no doubt about it. It also seems to consume a bit more than I had expected, given my experience with the legacy BBOS versions.

I'm not too keen on it personally. It's pretty and all, but since they only show POP, and not accumulation it's next to useless, especially in winter. 90% of 2cm and 90% of 20cm are completely different things, but they only show 90%. Sadly, I have to rely on free weather apps to get a complete picture.

There's a number of features there that I think are missing, though I do like how they have taken advantage of the native BB10 platform in various ways. It's also the most expensive app I have bought for the Z10. Right now for me it scores high points for UI and attractiveness, low points for functionality.

I also saw what looks like a bug yesterday - one of my locations had a weather alert, and because of that, it prevented me from loading the full location page. No matter what I did it insisted on showing the alert rather than the page with the 7-day forecast etc. I had to change the display mode from "grid" to "list" to open that location. (For some reason I'm not having the same issue today)
    04-29-13 12:56 PM
    I purchased BeWeather Pro the day it was released. Unfortunately, it's missing several critical features (precipitation totals and the Scientific Forecast Discussion) and it has an active frame bug (it shows weather data from the wrong location), and the developer doesn't respond to inquiries.

I'm rather disappointed.
    04-29-13 01:11 PM
    Since upgrading to pro it has been crashing in active frames every 90 or so minutes. The free version did not crash at all but was limited to three cities. In pro I have six cities set up, I think this might be the reason it's crashing. How many cities does everyone have set up with this issue?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 01:13 PM
    ...and the developer doesn't respond to inquiries.

That's precisely the reason I agonized over purchasing it, because Bellshare has a horrible support track record. I ultimately purchased it because I liked its UI features.

In pro I have six cities set up, I think this might be the reason it's crashing. How many cities does everyone have set up with this issue?

I have 6 locations currently defined, but I don't run it in the background/active frame due to the battery consumption.
    04-29-13 01:30 PM
    Since upgrading to pro it has been crashing in active frames every 90 or so minutes. The free version did not crash at all but was limited to three cities. In pro I have six cities set up, I think this might be the reason it's crashing. How many cities does everyone have set up with this issue?

Posted via CB10
    Version 1.0.72 of BeWeather Pro is now available on BlackBerry World. It fixes the unexpected closing.
    05-06-13 01:19 AM
    The weather isn't as accurate as www.weathernetwork.com , which I have a quik link in my apps to their mobile page. Feels like an app.

It's not just weather stations. It seems the app interprets the data differently. One will say sunny and the one with say rain. Even know the probabability is probably the same. Sucks becausr those are the days that count most. When it's 5 days of sun nbd

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 07:45 AM
    The weather isn't as accurate as Current Weather - The Weather Network , which I have a quik link in my apps to their mobile page. Feels like an app.
    Posted via CB10
    I agree...although they have a nice looking UI I've always found their temperatures are off a little. That's why I also have the weather network app right next to it just so I can get a "second opinion".
    05-06-13 10:38 AM
    I agree...although they have a nice looking UI I've always found their temperatures are off a little. That's why I also have the weather network app right next to it just so I can get a "second opinion".
    Try different wx stations. Find a good one.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    05-06-13 10:45 AM
    BeWeather Pro Version 1.0.74.810
    Verizon.
    OS Version: 10.1.0.1756

The "Map for First Location" works.
    The "Advisory for First Location" does not work.

Click on it and nothing happens.
    05-19-13 10:35 PM
34 12