Looks like you have to provide your actual Google account login and password to Go Music so they can access your Google account. That's very scary. Can't they set up the app so that it just hits Google and verifies that you have provided permission for that app to access your account? Like how Facebook allows an app to get access if you permit, but that app would never have your facebook login credentials. In the case of Go Music, they now have access to your gmail and any other google service you have. Drive, Apps, whatever. That's very scary.
    01-03-14 01:41 PM
    So don't use it then? I mean it's entirely optional. If you have such an issue with it, email the developer and ask them about it. Maybe they can use the Google login service but ultimately, the only security issue is... you really. You and everyone else who uses the app controls whether or not access is granted. The developer is available on right here on the forums as well - http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...ilable-793589/
    01-03-14 01:52 PM
    So don't use it then? I mean it's entirely optional. If you have such an issue with it, email the developer and ask them about it. Maybe they can use the Google login service but ultimately, the only security issue is... you really. You and everyone else who uses the app controls whether or not access is granted. The developer is available on right here on the forums as well - http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...ilable-793589/
    Reaching out to them now. Wanted to make sure I was understanding the Google access process. I just can't believe anyone would give out their google credentials to a third party.
    01-03-14 02:50 PM
    Reaching out to them now. Wanted to make sure I was understanding the Google access process. I just can't believe anyone would give out their google credentials to a third party.
    You're not giving it to them, necessarily. If they use OAUTH they never actually see those credentials.
    01-03-14 02:53 PM