This one is harder. To my knowledge the API has no method for getting the last play position of an item. While I could have XRMT manually watch out for this, the experience wouldn't really be smooth as this only works if (1) you solely use my app to control your systems and (2) the app is constantly running. And then it would still not solve your problem as the items almost certainly have different media IDs on both of your machines. I'm not a fan of "hacky" solutions that only work under limited circumstances...
    Fair enough. All the media is in synced across all 3 of my xbmc installs. The DB and assets all reside on a single server which each XMBC points to
    03-11-13 07:48 AM
    Just a quick thank you to the developer for this amazing app. Just let go of my Lumia 920 and was worried I would miss my remote which I use on a daily basis and this solved all my problems! Thanks once again man!
    03-15-13 08:21 PM
    The only thing I can mention that would be a good addition to the interface would be the ability to access the OSD from the remote to be able to change certain settings such as: subtitles, audio and video. Unless this is already there and I am unaware.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 10:53 PM
    a good addition to the interface would be the ability to access the OSD from the remote to be able to change certain settings such as: subtitles, audio and video. Unless this is already there and I am unaware.
    Thanks, man.

Subtitle and OSD support were built in in versions 2.1 and 2.2, which both are currently in review by the BB World team. Please stay patient for a couple of days, they are pretty busy at the moment.

Don't forget to see what else is new: XRMT. Remote control for XBMC (v12+).
    03-16-13 12:47 AM
    Awsome man!!!! Keep up the great work my friend and I am so happy and can't wait to get the OSD SUPPORT!!

Posted via CB10
    biggerCC likes this.
    03-16-13 08:37 AM
    Really looking forward to the updates. I gotta say what this does functions much better than any of the remote apps I had on android did. It's also really pointed out for me how much better the blackberry ecosystem is. When I'm watching tv and working, i can access the remote on bb pretty effortlessly, where on android there was much more effort to swing around the platform, find the app, run through menus and hit play.
    Well done to you and to bb
    biggerCC and dietertong like this.
    03-16-13 10:37 AM
    Just a quick question guys. It seems as though every time I close the xbmc server and try to use it again I need to delete the saved server and add it again. Pretty much meaning every night when I want to use the remote I need to recreate another new server or else it doesn't connect. Amy ideas of what could be wrong??

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 12:24 AM
    And tonight its not working at all. What could be going wrong. Can someone post the system setting that they use please since I have not changed anything in xbmc

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 12:28 AM
    I'm pushing on the server to try and connect and nothing happens despite trying to recreate several times. I don't get it guys.......

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 12:31 AM
    Hi ferazzz,

lets split this up into two problems:

1) Disappearing servers from the list. There was a bug in 2.0.4 that cleared out your complete list when you delete a single server. You would only see the problem after restarting XRMT. It has been fixed immediately in 2.1.0 (released in March, 9th to App World). See changelog on XRMT. Remote control for XBMC (v12+).. My fault and I'm sorry about that.

2) Reconnection problems. I can reproduce this easily on my Mac's XBMC, but not on my Raspberry Pi. It obviously is a bug in the latest XBMC builds that prevents the remote communication port from being opened again in certain conditions. One condition is restarting XBMC after only being closed for a couple of seconds. I get the following error message for a very short timeframe when the error is happening: "Remote connection server failed to start"
    Any other XBMC addicts in here?-bildschirmfoto-2013-03-17-um-07.11.20.png

I have found two ways to solve (better: work around) this: either wait longer - for me it's about ~30 secs, but it might depend on your system - between closing and starting XBMC or manually deactivate in re-activate the service:
    Settings > Services > Remote control > Uncheck both and recheck them.
    03-17-13 01:20 AM
    Okay I will try that, because my servers don't actually disappear from the list. What happens is when I click to connect nothing happens, despite trying to recreate a new server but I will try what you told me and I appreciate the response man!!

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 08:54 AM
    Still no avail! I don't get it. When I try and click on the server to connect it I get that blue highlight around the server and nothing happens no matter how many times I clicked it. Tried restarting the remote service but it didn't work

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 09:10 AM
    Still no avail! I don't get it. When I try and click on the server to connect it I get that blue highlight around the server and nothing happens no matter how many times I clicked it. Tried restarting the remote service but it didn't work
    Since most forum members are probably not interested in our support talk, please email me some hints what changed since the time it was working and the error message you see when it fails to connect to [email protected]. I'm pretty sure we can sort it out.
    ferazzz1985 likes this.
    03-17-13 04:37 PM
    WAHOOOOO. Got the update

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 10:23 AM
    Great app. I am a complete beginner when it comes to xbmc but would love the ability to sort the movies by date added. Possibly view genres so that I can scroll through animated movies only for my kid. I also saw something about adding to a playlist. Is there a way to view that playlist? Would be great if I can add movies to it for Later viewing rather than finding them again. Thx and great job.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 07:43 AM
    Great app. I am a complete beginner when it comes to xbmc but would love the ability to sort the movies by date added. Possibly view genres so that I can scroll through animated movies only for my kid. I also saw something about adding to a playlist. Is there a way to view that playlist? Would be great if I can add movies to it for Later viewing rather than finding them again. Thx and great job.

Posted via CB10
    Just bought this. Good app. And I second the request to have the recently added TV/Movies. Not sure if the xbmc api supports this but would be a great addition.
    03-21-13 08:55 AM
    @Stace & @ichpen:
    Sorting will be back soon - probably in the next release. I just need to figure out what the best practise is to allow ordering without breaking the BB10 UI guidelines ("Order alphabetically").
    Just give me a couple of days (and the LE Z10)...
    03-21-13 01:22 PM
    How does the "Add to Playlist" work when you long press a movie? Is there a way yo view the playlist afterwards?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 05:20 PM
    How does the "Add to Playlist" work when you long press a movie? Is there a way yo view the playlist afterwards?
    Playlists are used the way your media system intends them to work:
    Start playing any item (by hitting the play button on single items or long press > "Play" for albums, artists or TV shows).
    While playing select additional items to be appended to your playlist ("party mode"). Once an item has finished XBMC will automatically start playing the next one on the list. You are also able to jump between playlist items using the next/prev buttons.

Currently there is no way of viewing the items within or editing your playlist, but this might be added in the future.
    03-22-13 12:43 AM
    I am down...I am still having problems and it is soo random it doesn`t make sence.....I use my ipod touch and the XBMC remote just connects instantly. I had it working for all of 2 days and now once again I click to connect the server on the remote and nothing happens......Why oh why!!!!
    03-22-13 08:41 AM
    I am down...I am still having problems and it is soo random it doesn`t make sence...
    As I pointed out, there's something weird going on with your setup - more particular the remote control server seems to have trouble from time to time while the web server (used by other remotes) is more stable. Unfortunately there is nothing I can really do about it.
    03-22-13 02:14 PM
    I should mention this great news I found in my inbox today:

"XRMT - XBMC Remote has been approved with flying colors for the coveted Built for BlackBerry program designation".

Additionally I hope to finish the next release with a bunch of new features next week. Have a great weekend, guys!
    dietertong and stacehamilton like this.
    03-22-13 02:20 PM
    Congrats BiggerCC!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 04:03 PM
    I really like the app but it seems like the fast forward button does not work properly. Am I the only one having this issue?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 10:50 AM
    I really like the app but it seems like the fast forward button does not work properly. Am I the only one having this issue?
    Just tried it on my media centers with the latest update. It works for me if the selected media source supports FF/FB well (e.g. local for files, possibly not for UPnP servers or other network streams).

What exactly does not work for you?
    04-01-13 10:55 AM
129 ... 23456